What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Finch.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Does he answer to anyone ?

Doesn't seem like it. Year in, year out, we have obvious flaws in refereeing. Yet this muppet keeps his job.

Gaba

First Grade
And giving an opinion one of his referees is wrong,without fully knowing the evidence and it proved that his opinion is wrong, shows he has no respect for who he is suppose to be in charged of (referees) he should be stood down

Packy

Bench
And giving an opinion one of his referees is wrong,without fully knowing the evidence and it proved that his opinion is wrong, shows he has no respect for who he is suppose to be in charged of (referees) he should be stepped down

hey, I am all for a good debate and hearing both sides of a story... but wtf does that even mean to say?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And giving an opinion one of his referees is wrong,without fully knowing the evidence and it proved that his opinion is wrong, shows he has no respect for who he is suppose to be in charged of (referees) he should be stood down

Gaba, seriously - let it go. The ENTIRE rugby league community agrees that Clark erred with his final VR decision last night - even MOST of your own fans, and they feel hollow and empty having won in that fashion.

Now the referees boss has come out in support of the Bulldogs - explained that Steve Clark's ruling was incorrect - and you're still arguing the toss? There is simply no way that should have been ruled no try. End of story. GTFO.

lockyrulz

Juniors
What do you want him to do? Invent a time machine?

IF we sacked every ref that made a bad call according to the wankers on here, there would be no referees left.

Clark f**ked up, we all know it, we can't change it.

Deal with it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
they'll be a news conference today involving Finch..

I guess he'd be answerable then.

Gaba

First Grade
Gaba, seriously - let it go. The ENTIRE rugby league community agrees that Clark erred with his final VR decision last night - even MOST of your own fans, and they feel hollow and empty having won in that fashion.

Now the referees boss has come out in support of the Bulldogs - explained that Steve Clark's ruling was incorrect - and you're still arguing the toss? There is simply no way that should have been ruled no try. End of story. GTFO.

Ok tell me what would happen in the ref and video ref meeting majority of video refs and refs agree wiht clarke,

where does that leave finch, he has come out publicly saying one of his own official is wrong, but the majority of other his officials says clarke is right

finch should resign because he has no confidence in his own officials and he bagged them publicly and he was the one who is wrong

Ribs

Bench
Who cares.... the only issue is that it was last minute, otherwise its just as bad as the Hornby no try decision.

FMD, I dont feel hollow at all, f*ck the whinging dogs.

We,ve had decisions against the dogs rip us off for years, this is karma.

P.S. Thanks for the 2 points.

Slackboy72

Coach
It was a 50/50 call. Soward was impeded. Deliberate or not. Would he have stopped Patten? I suspect not but I don't know and neither does anyone else.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Soward was not impeded by anybody, he impeded himself by running into him - Eastwood made no intentional contact with him, which is not Eastwood's fault.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Finch has to go.

Same with Clarke and Harrigan and any other that think they are a personality bigger thatn the game.

Slackboy72

Coach
Soward was not impeded by anybody, he impeded himself by running into him - Eastwood made no intentional contact with him, which is not Eastwood's fault.

You may be confusing your rules there tubby. A player in the defensive line doesn't have to get out of the way of the attacking players but a player on the attacking side in an offside position does have to get out of the way of the defensive line.

Game_Breaker

Coach
You may be confusing your rules there tubby. A player in the defensive line doesn't have to get out of the way of the attacking players but a player on the attacking side in an offside position does have to get out of the way of the defensive line.

You probably didnt watch the game

Soward was chasing Patten, there was no defensive line.

Eastwood was behind Patten, therefore onside.

If anything, because Soward deliberately ran into Eastwood, he stopped him being in the support play

kay

Juniors
Honestly, people who've been bringing up the Ben Hornby no try to balance it aren't thinking correctly, the referee blew the whistle so that play was already dead.
And as unpopular as the next thing I'm about to say sounds, in regards to RObert Finch from http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25491525-23210,00.html saying "I can understand the frustration a lot of people may feel today but these things can't be undone and referees and video referees can only call it as they see it at the time". In the bulldogs panthers dilemma earlier this year, the bulldogs were not penalised at the time of scoring that try yet they were some time after the fact. So is it possible that these things can actually be undone? as it possibly was. different circumstances i know, but just a view.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Honestly, people who've been bringing up the Ben Hornby no try to balance it aren't thinking correctly, the referee blew the whistle so that play was already dead.

The Dog players kept chasing. They thought it was play on, & there were barely any Dog players where Honrby made the break.

typicalfan

Coach
The Dog players kept chasing. They thought it was play on, & there were barely any Dog players where Honrby made the break.
Hardly any, the others played to the whistle.

You got lucky whether you want to admit it or not.

Worst Video ref decision I remember

God-King Dean

Immortal
Irrelvant what most players were doing. There were only 2 Dog players with any hope of stopping Honrby & they both thought it was play on.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Irrelvant what most players were doing. There were only 2 Dog players with any hope of stopping Honrby & they both thought it was play on.

How is it?

They played to the whistle

Hornby wouldnt have even made the break if everyone played on. The reason why there was a break was because more than half the dogs team stopped.

Anyway, people who use that are just clutching at straws