What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Mears -once again ill say it

Dragon

Coach
YOU BLOKES HAVE TO RE-SIGN HIM!! (or give him to us)

Honestly the amount of value this guy gives from dummy half. If it was up to me i wouldve had 'player cam' on him tonight, as he ripped the Broncs to shreds. Unfortunately even when he was on you had blokes like Hodgson servicing from dummy half on alot of occasions, espescially when you guys got on a roll. It seemed like everyone wanted to share in the easy yards, but none were as effective as big ears Mears.

Anyway, he is gold, and doesnt get enough praise.

Dragon - part of the official Robert Mears fan club :lol: :clap:

innsaneink

Referee
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When did you say it before?

lemmee guess....after the warriors game? :lol:
Hes OK but the |broncos are poor around the rucks, as was pointed out numerous times during tonites call....most teams are awake to Mears.

Dragon

Coach
haha YES! after the Warriors game, jeez i have crap memory :lol:

Mate he is a dead-set star and without him you can forget about any roll-ons.

BUT, in saying that, HOW GOOD IS SENTER! Now i know why you blokes keep bangin on about him lol

You just need a good pair of bookends and you will take any forward pack.

Davester

Juniors
Just for you Dragon I'll quote this Wests article from last week's RLW magazine :D

RLW Magazine (11.08.04) said:
A TWIST of fate may give Robert Mears a reprieve with the Tigers in 2005.

Mears was set to hang up his boots a couple of months ago after a decade in big league.

But the Tigers may now offer Mears a new deal after promising youngster Robbie Farah suffered a serious knee injury in Premier League a fortnight ago and Darren Senter announced his retirement a week ago.

Tigers coach Tim Sheens planned to go into next season with Farah as his no.1 hooker but a knee reconstruction means the rookie will miss the early rounds of next year.

As a result, The Tigers are now considering offering Mears a new contract.

jirskyr

Juniors
Gotta say I've never been a Mears freak, I think for a good while Darren Senter has been superior. But Mears has lifted the back end of this year, he's had a few really good games.

I also believe his passing has improved, because his dummy service used to be sluggish but I haven't noticed it that way recently. Even if playing for a new contract I'm starting to get won around to keep him on for another year.

Esp if Farah is out early as in RLW.

tiger_nick

Bench
I'd give him 1 more year, even if it is only to keep Galea out of the no. 9!!

Seriously though he has been going great and the competition would keep Farah on his toes.

Gobbso

Juniors
Wests need depth if they are to be successful. Re-signing Mears would be a brilliant move. He brings spark and another dimension of attack when on the field and provides Sheens with options to have at hooker. Better to be safe than sorry, and his overall form warrants another contract in my opinion.

BJ

Juniors
farah hasn't had enough time in first grade and and someone to help him out like all the older guys are doign for the younger guys is what he will need to help him to make the consistant transition to FG..
it would have been good to have a farah and senter combo this year but farah due to whatever ego clashes he has had and then the injury that was not the case.. next year a mears and farah combo would work nicely to help him with the transition..
this year mears has been playing one of his best, and with all the experience that is leaving the club at the end of the season if we can hold on to him for another year at least it would be a real asset..

Ctown Boy

Juniors
Mears has been one of my favourite players since coming to the club, and the number 9 jersey should be his, over everyone else!

Latest posts