What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rodney>Pritchard

panthersballboy

Juniors
Good to see everyone notice how outstanding Rodney has been for us in the backend of the season. I definitely rate him above Pritchard. I think Frank is better coming off the bench as he seems to make a lot more impact. But shane is good to go from the start. I would also like to see a back 3 of:

11. Puletua
12. Waterhouse
13. Rodney

aqua_duck

Coach
Pritchard probably has twice the potential of Rodney but Rodney tapped into his A-game quicker at this level. Realistically Rodney has about 25% improvement left in him, but Frank the tank has about 60% IMO

Big Mick

Referee
true but Frank didn't step up this season, when IMO he should have. When Tony was injured...he had maybe 1-3 really good games and the rest were just average.

choc_soldier

Coach
I agree with aqua duck's assessment.

It appears that The Tank has played well within his potential this year. Perhaps it had to do with the matter that this year he was no longer the super sub, when he had to replace Puletua in the starting lineup. He still showed glimpses of what he's capable of, and should play for the Kiwis in the Tri-Nations.

He's probably aware of this himself, and I expect him to have a much better year in '06. Hopefully him and Puletua can provide a replica of the awesome Puletua / Galuvao combo of '03, with the able support of the 'House and Rodney.

Munky

Coach
I don't think Rodney has reached anywhere near his potential.

We won't see that until a support player runs off his shoulder, he will get away a clean offload 50% of the time if someone is there. It was frustrating watching Rodney get his arms free in most tackles to see nobody anywhere near him.

Rodney also has great 'run selection' he knows when to head wide, straight, in at the markers or just use sheer power. His tackling is top knotch too.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Munky said:
I don't think Rodney has reached anywhere near his potential.

We won't see that until a support player runs off his shoulder, he will get away a clean offload 50% of the time if someone is there. It was frustrating watching Rodney get his arms free in most tackles to see nobody anywhere near him.

Rodney also has great 'run selection' he knows when to head wide, straight, in at the markers or just use sheer power. His tackling is top knotch too.

so in other words we need rodney and wesser firing at the same time??

Munky

Coach
Caged Panther said:
so in other words we need rodney and wesser firing at the same time??

Wesser or Preston don't even need to fire, just run near Rodney and they'll get the ball.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Munky said:
Wesser or Preston don't even need to fire, just run near Rodney and they'll get the ball.

true but I guess when your in form you do all these sort of little things better don't you.