What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roo tour backups selections

Nevcost

Juniors
Like I said in annother post, one of the things I don't like about this Roo tour team is that it is only made up of 23 players, when I reckon it should be about 28 so we can have a few backups in some key positions.

So this post is about baiscally, who would you chose as the five extra players to go on the tour besides the 23 already selected which is:
Darren Lockyer (c)
Phil Bailey
Danny Buderus
Petero Civoneciva
Michael Crocker
Joel Clinton
Michael De Vere
Craig Fitzgibbon
Ryan Girdler
Craig Gower
Shannon Hegarty
Robbie Kearns (v/c)
Brett Kimmorley
Luke Lewis
Willie Mason
Anthony Minichiello
Luke Ricketson
Steve Simpson
Matt Sing
Richard Villasanti
Trent Waterhouse
Shane Webcke
Craig Wing

Anyway, the five I would add are:
Rhys Wesser: Has been great for Panthers, had to be selected. Because of this, I would use Miniciello as more of a Winger then Fullback
Preston Campbell: Is the form Five-Eight left in the comp and it baffles me why he wasn't selected as we have a lack of depth at Five-Eight, with only Craig Wing able to cover that position
Luke Priddis: I would use Craig Wing as more of a Five-Eight then hooker and have Priddis there as a backup for Budderus. One of the leading players in making tackles, an incredible hrad worker who got the Clive Churchill medal in the Grand Final and you don't get that medal for doinf nothing
Scott Sattler: We have a lack of good lock Forwards and this player has been a tremendous hard worker for the Panthers, and this test jersey would be a long time coming for him
Danny Nutley: The only Cronulla player who would not look out of place in this team, like Sattler Nutley does a lot of work and made 871 tackles this season and 403 and hitups.

If the team didn't already have depth in the areas of Halfback and Prop Forward, I would of chosen Steve Price and Matt Orford

Scotty_Sattler

Juniors
Im a Tigers supporter so im not being Bias when I say this.

But what about Ryan O'Hara? He had a great season and I think is in a real similar build to Clinton, if not better. I also rate him higher than Villasanti and Kearns.

I also think if they are considering playing Darren Lockyer five eigth, then Rhys Wesser should be in there. Basically cause then you could put Minichello to wing and Wesser to fullback.

Preston Campbell deserves a spot I say as well.

I dont think Priddis should be there - mainly cause they already have Wing and Buderus, and If something happened even Gower. He had a great year but I cant see a point in bringing yet another hooker.

Raider_69

Post Whore
INTERCHNAGES
========================
Davico for Waterhouse - been brillient all year and if the selectors didnt have a problem with canberra he would be there

Campbell for Kimmorley - nothing needs to be said....

Price for Mason - how we missed out and Mason got in is a disgrace...

Priddis for Buderus - watch last nights game

NEW PLAYERS
=====================
McLinden - can cover hooker, half, 5/8th, wing, centre and fullback..... versility galore!

O'Mealy - been very good since returning from injury

Sattler - very unlucky IMO, he should be there, an absolute work horse!

Wesser/Schif - one of them for sure, probably wesser because his in better form at the moment, but either way one of them had to be there!

And my bolter:

Morrison - deadset the most under-rated player in the comp IMO, his form has been top notch and IMO wouldnt look out of place in the Aust jersy

Booyah

Bench
what about Ryan O'Hara? He had a great season

He had to pull out because of an Injury. Otherwise he would have been there. He had a super game against the Kiwis, and kept getting back up after Villa put those hits on him.

Booyah

Bench
Campbell for Kimmorley

Why would you replace a Halfback with a 5/8?

As it stands, he's probably played more games at 5/8 now then he did at Halfback for Cronulla.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Booyah said:
Campbell for Kimmorley

Why would you replace a Halfback with a 5/8?

As it stands, he's probably played more games at 5/8 now then he did at Halfback for Cronulla.

becasue there is no real inform 5/8th
i would play Gower at half and Presto at 5/8th
then priddis at hooker, and run Wing/Macca off the bench...

Booyah

Bench
If Gower is the Australian 5/8 (very likely) would you still be calling for Campell to be the Australian 5/8?

The fact is, Campell was in better form in 2001 when he was Dally M. If he couldn't get a spot on the tour back then, what are the odds he'd get it this year?

Raider_69

Post Whore
if kimmorley wasnt playing half then gower wouldnt be playing 5/8th

if injuries wernt so drastic then no i wouldnt be calling for campbells includsion but they are! their is NO decent 5/8th there and his combination with gower has been brillient!

Latest posts