What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooke considers code switch

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Haven't they got about 15 or more Victorian juniors in their under 20's already gimpy?
DO THEY MORON?
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=profile-player-nyc
Junior Afu Mangere East NZ
James Barker Scone NSW
Keni Blair Marist Rugby Club NZ
Jesse Bromwich Manurewa Marlins NZ
Dane Chisolm Mullimbimby Giants NSW
Matt Croker Kincumber Colts NSW
Matt Currie Wests Brisbane QLD
Matthew Duffie Kaiapoi Bulldogs NZ
Slade Griffin Cobden-Kohinoor Keas NZ
Jake Hawkins West Tamworth Lions NSW
Josh Jerome Eastern Suburbs QLD
Sam Joe Gracemere Cubs QLD
Jai Jones-Weigold North Curl Curl Knights NSW
Luke Kelly Katherine Bushrangers NT
Blake Leary Nerang Roosters QLD
Blaise Lomax Wainuiomata NZ
Pita Maile Cabramatta NSW
Fred Makimare Cronulla-Caringbah NSW
Sam Martin Mullimbimby Giants NSW
Jordan McLeen Young Cherry Pickers NSW
Lazarus Mulu North City Vikings New Zealand Merit Team NZ
Will Naitoro Tuggeranong Valley Dragons ACT under-15s (2003-04), Victorian under-18s (2006-07), ACT
Justin O'Neill Brothers QLD
Robert Rochow East Maitland Griffins Newcastle Knights NSW
Billy Rogers Gympie Devils QLD
Theodore Stuart Papakura Sea Eagles NZ
Gerrard Tibbetts Redcliffe Dolphins Wests Tigers 2007-08 QLD
Brendan Train Denman Devils Parramatta Eels NSW
Pulou Vaituutuu Waverley Panthers Victorian under-18's (2006-07), Combined Affiliated States NSW
Gareth Widdop Kingcross Yorkshire 2005 UK
James Woolford Young Cherry Pickers Canberra Raiders (2006-07) NSW

maccattack

Juniors
when a current or previous Storm player, who decides to settle in Melbourne spawns a child who grows up to play RL in Vic, will they be considered (by the media etc) to be Victorian?

bazza

Immortal
One thing this does highlight tho, if you are a kid in country Victoria and you want to play footy, you really have no choice than to play AFL.

He we have a mature adult who has decided he wants to play league despite having a very good career in the AFL.

As a kid in country Victoria he probably had no choice, now he is old enough to decide, its too late.

Exactly. I am sure that there are plenty of kids in Victoria (and other parts of Australia) that would be more suited to rugby league than AFL.
What do the kids in Victoria that are built like Glen Lazarus or Steve Roach do?

babyg

Juniors
Exactly. I am sure that there are plenty of kids in Victoria (and other parts of Australia) that would be more suited to rugby league than AFL.
What do the kids in Victoria that are built like Glen Lazarus or Steve Roach do?

They are brainwashed into thinking that all those skinny AFL players are the finest athletes in the whole wide world and they want to be like them.

Tex_21

Juniors
Play full-back or full-forward. Or, if they grow and learn to run a little, in the ruck.

natheel

Coach
its good too see an AFL player considering it, hopefully some younger guys will consider and then we can expand the game a bit more.

Raider_69

Post Whore
the fat talentless prick would be out of his depth at Jim Beam Cup level, as EA suggested, any one of this forum is more likely to play NRL footy then him. But at least it proves something, they may be talentless hacks but not all AFL players are dumb.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
the fat talentless prick would be out of his depth at Jim Beam Cup level, as EA suggested, any one of this forum is more likely to play NRL footy then him. But at least it proves something, they may be talentless hacks but not all AFL players are dumb.

talentless prick ?

you obviously haven't seen him play

sort of like a league player on an AFL ground plays tough and hard but unlike Barry Hall he has brain cells

I understand if you dont like the game fair enough, but please, thats seems to me like a very uninformed opinion

Raider_69

Post Whore
talentless prick ?

you obviously haven't seen him play

sort of like a league player on an AFL ground plays tough and hard but unlike Barry Hall he has brain cells

I understand if you dont like the game fair enough, but please, thats seems to me like a very uninformed opinion

I've seen him play, i watch quite a bit of AFL these days, recently went to melbourne with my partner and we both picked AFL sides to support, little did i know the one i was picking (based on the fact a pub was open at 10am there, where everything else seemed close) was on top of the ladder :cool:

He's a hard arse, for an AFL player. But thats like saying you're a good halfback, compared to John Morris. He should stick to AFL, he's good at it. He wouldnt handle Jim Beam cup footy let alone NRL. The talentless prick part was just because im in NRL mode where nothing but the NRL is good enough ;-)

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
fair enough Raidy

I was reading last week that he is apparently going to play League in a year or so

we just need him to win another AFL premiership first

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looking forward to this weekend

we'll see how good the Saints are