What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooney injured

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Rooney injured his hamstring today in the first half. Is the injury bad? I hope he isn't going to be out on the sidelines for while.

Anyone know anything?

Caged Panther

First Grade
I don't know how bad rooney's injury is/isn't.

I do know one thing our abominable kicking game from go to woah today cost us any chance of winning.

I damn well hope what gower said after halftime about him being back maybe next week turns out to be true.

Either that or Preston is right to go next week.

*Sandy*

First Grade
So Snowy made no difference to our side? Maybe they should have brought up Jono Rolfe instead. Or even put Shannon Donato in hooker and use either Jono or Daniel to play of Luke Priddis in the halves.

Caged Panther

First Grade
PK said:
So Snowy made no difference to our side? Maybe they should have brought up Jono Rolfe instead. Or even put Shannon Donato in hooker and use either Jono or Daniel to play of Luke Priddis in the halves.

the few kicks he did were more effective than just about all of amos's but he hardly ever kicked.

*Sandy*

First Grade
So did Snowy see much of the ball? or he did but just didnt kick much? On the report on this site it says the forwards were looking very tired around the 50 - 60 minute i think. That's not good to read! So much for all the comments on the moment the team turned the corner! :?

Sorry caged...i don't have cable, so i gotta put up with what fans tell me or what i read of the net. :cry: I will eventually see it when my friend gives me her tapes but then no-one wants to talk about it as it's old news! :mrgreen:

AdamH

Juniors
Amos did nothing. His kicks were awful and he didn't make one break. Russell was just as bad. We had NO kicking game whatsoever. Hope Craig and Preston recover quick!

PantherCraig

Juniors
Amos tried to run the ball just about every 5th tackle in the 2nd half. 50m line 10 minutes to go, we're up by 2 points. You would think we would go deep and pin them as close to their line as you can. Amos had no idea at half. Terrible kicks that went through the in-goal and I reckon put a dent in the fence they were kicked that hard for last tackle options as well. No repeat sets. No kicking game. The game was and should have been ours for the taking. Poor ball handling didnt help either.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Welcome Craig.

How old is Snowy? Watching him play in the trial at Charlie town a couple years back alongside Preston he didnt look out of place at all. It's a shame and he probably needed an experienced half back for him to shine. What I don't understand is ... isn't that sort of thing `the 5th play option' something that should have been picked up on and worked on at training? Like it wasnt a half combo that they threw together in a day, they had all week to work on it. Anyway hopefully they can work on righting the wrongs this week. Something else i noticed with the Panthers they don't seem to truly bury the teams they are expected to bury but always rise for the teams on top ... so in hoping that they consider Dragons a top team and playing on home ground hopefully we can slip away with the 2 points on Friday.

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
WHAT rooney got hurt!!!??? :cry: :cry:
i was listening on the radio and i didnt hear this....oh wait i was on the phone for the first half :x #-o

The Rhino

Juniors
Yeah, Rooney got hurt, but it wasn't a muscle related injury. He got HEAD SLAMMED by Haumono just prior to half time and didn't return because of concussion.

The Rhino

Juniors
And Haumono has been charged with a Grade 2 Contary Conduct - Headslamming charge. If he takes the early plea, he gets 1 match with 68 carry over points. If he contests at the judicary, he gets 2 matches with 25 carry over points. The incident happened in the 29th minute with Roons the unlucky recieptant of this foul play.

And just for info - Roosters stars Justin Hodges and Michael Crocker have also been charged for offences. Hodges has been charged with Grade 4 Careless High tackle and is looking at missing 2 matches with 53 carry over points (early plea) or 3 matches with 37 carry over points (if he fronts). Crocker has been charged with Grade 1 careless high tackle and is looking at 1 match with 57 carry over points (early plea) or 2 matches with 8 carry over points. EITHER WAY, BOTH PLAYERS ARE OUT OF STATE OF ORIGIN IF THEY DON'T CONTEST THE CHARGES. :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

GO THE BLUES!!!! (and Wesser and Benny Ross:lol: :lol: :lol: )

Nugby

Juniors
with regards to Crocker, a one game suspension is always ignored for origin. Drop them from the side, serve the suspension for the club game and then become a late inclusion to the Maroons. Damn shame that it's him instead of Hodges that gets to do this though, someone that useless should play every origin for Queensland

Nugby

Juniors
Well, Rooney's in the Origin squad. Must be all right enough to be considered.
Why do you think Cooper's 18th man, though? He's pending a fitness test

The Rhino

Juniors
Nugby said:
with regards to Crocker, a one game suspension is always ignored for origin. Drop them from the side, serve the suspension for the club game and then become a late inclusion to the Maroons. Damn shame that it's him instead of Hodges that gets to do this though, someone that useless should play every origin for Queensland

Bit hard for him to sit this weekend out when the Roosters have the bye - so looks like Crocker will be missing S.O.O. 2! :roll:

The Rhino

Juniors
Nugby said:
Well, Rooney's in the Origin squad. Must be all right enough to be considered.
Why do you think Cooper's 18th man, though? He's pending a fitness test

Sorry, Cooper's 18th man for the same reason Kurt Gidley was - the experience. Rooney's had a slight concussion, that's all.