What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters back in the game

JohnLawrence

Juniors
Good display by the Roosters they were strong all over the park the forwards were going forward all night they were relentless our halves took control and the backs all did their jobs very impressive and wasn't it nice to not see players faking injuries full credit to JT and his Tigers side give them time and they'll be a force in the NRL

Tommy Smith

Referee
Yep we were brilliant last night. The concerted effort to create 2nd phase play and pass before the line by the forwards was great to see. It made us so dynamic.

It's hard to believe we were on a 4 game losing streak. And quite funny how we have the best F&A in the comp by a mile.

Nifty

Juniors
What happened to Nene Macdonald last night as he was down to play and warmed up with the team, but he didn't play ? I hope it wasn't because of Hastings

Bigcoq

Juniors
What happened to Nene Macdonald last night as he was down to play and warmed up with the team, but he didn't play ? I hope it wasn't because of Hastings
Robbo went with the strongest side available, Aubbo and Skids did the job on the right.

adamkungl

Immortal
Nene Macdonald was hopefully dropped for being an average footballer when we can field far better on the wing in SKD

Nifty

Juniors
Nene Macdonald was hopefully dropped for being an average footballer when we can field far better on the wing in SKD

The good thing with the Roosters they have plenty of depth coming through in their 20s team who are playing very well who are 5th or 6th on the ladder. No need to be buying players outside. If they lose outside backs in Tupou, Kenny-Dowall , Jennings etc. There are good players in the 20s to replace and the club will save $$$

I was a little worried to see Jake with an ice pack on him I just hope it's only minor

It looked like the ankle was the issue. They placed the ice pack so that it was on the ankle. I'd suggest it was more than likely a sprain as had it been more serious he would have been straight up the tunnel and not sitting on the bench.

Valheru

Coach
It was the performance that was always coming after 4 straight losses by a combined 15 points. Big game coming up this week, if we win we go 5-5 into the bye which considering some of the bad luck we have had is a pretty decent result. Our for and against looks like it will be as good as 2 comp points as well.

neeknitsuj

Juniors
The good thing with the Roosters they have plenty of depth coming through in their 20s team who are playing very well who are 5th or 6th on the ladder. No need to be buying players outside. If they lose outside backs in Tupou, Kenny-Dowall , Jennings etc. There are good players in the 20s to replace and the club will save $$$

Really? I understand the hype over some players (Lattrell Mitchell, Taane Mile etc) but I doubt any of those are ready to play short term. e.g. Nene Macdonald who was solid at that level is pretty abysmal thus far in FG and this is after quite a few games.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

Joe Burgess will replace Tupou next season. Toops has already been told he won't be offered a contract. Likely backline will be;

1: Ferguson
2: Mitchell
3: Jennings
4: SKD
5: Burgess

Bigcoq

Juniors
Joe Burgess will replace Tupou next season. Toops has already been told he won't be offered a contract. Likely backline will be;

Some depth players thrown in with first graders... :cool: ..You'll be surprised at what Trent will have @ his disposal in 2016.. I'm more confident about 2016 than 2015, with whats ahead 2017 should be a golden year for our team..

Lambretta

First Grade
Yep we were brilliant last night. The concerted effort to create 2nd phase play and pass before the line by the forwards was great to see. It made us so dynamic.

It's hard to believe we were on a 4 game losing streak. And quite funny how we have the best F&A in the comp by a mile.

Second best at the time of this post. But it's been improved since the victory over the Dogs

Nifty

Juniors

2 right wing, more likely Taylor. That is where he is playing now. Has scored in just about every game, great defender and under the high ball with speed to burn, but can play anywhere in backline and is training shortly with extra in the first grade side, already doing extra training with Toops. The 20s side for some reason are playing only half a field by mainly attacking on their left side in every game. Which does leave him wasted on the right edge to score more tries with very limited ball getting to him and his centre

Last edited:

Latest posts