What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters ban Rabbitohs from training on SFS

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25174246-5006066,00.html

Roosters ban Rabbitohs from training on SFS
By James Phelps | March 12, 2009 12:00am

THE 101-year war between two of Sydney's most bitter sporting rivals reignited last night when the Roosters banned the Rabbitohs from training on the SFS before Sunday's first-round grudge match.
Fuelling the fierce feud between the two foundation clubs, Roosters CEO Steve Noyce said the Rabbitohs would not be welcome anywhere near Moore Park - payback for last year's ANZ Stadium snubbing.

The Roosters claim they were banned from a pre-match run on ANZ Stadium last year and, in the ultimate insult, players' families were forced to sit behind the dead-ball line.

"They won't be training here this week. People around here think it was poor form not to give the club the opportunity to train on their ground and they won't be here," Noyce said.

After a relatively tame tenure at the Tigers, new Roosters boss Noyce admitted the rivalry between the two teams was like nothing he had encountered before.

"I think it is our 198th clash on Sunday and there will be great feeling in the game."

Roosters coach Brad Fittler said local bragging rights would be on the line at the SFS in what he expected to be a brutal encounter.

"We are next-door neighbours," Fittler said. "You have to walk around with these people. We want bragging rights. There is always a lot of feeling in the clashes between the two sides and it is not something you can walk away from."

Fittler has warned his side against complacency, with some commentators predicting the Rabbitohs will struggle this year.

"This is a big game. There is plenty of motivation in this one. They are a quality side and have a quality coaching staff. And it will be a quality match," Fittler said.

Souths CEO Shane Richardson said he expected nothing less after being told of the training ban.

"That's fine. We were expecting something like this. It is the greatest rivalry in rugby league so things like this happen," Richardson said.

Noyce said he would refrain from giving the Rabbitohs the worst seats in the house, despite last year's ANZ Stadium treatment.

Noyce also announced children would be allowed on to the field after the clash - a rare treat for fans.

I was worried that the lead up to this game was a bit quiet.
f**k the Bunnies.!
Go Easts.!
God bless rugby league!

Nemesis

Bench
Just as well Souths aren't training there... we don't want to spend anymore time than we have to at the scum's leper colony (otherwise known as the SFS).

We're simply going there on Sunday to carry out a clinical decapitation of the chooks, leave you to clean up the carnage, then get out as fast as we can.

Dave Q

Coach
After we flog youse senseless on the park, we are going upstairs to take care of your management bulldogs style.

Except for Freddy, hes OK.

Brycey

Juniors
I wonder what would happen in a Looney Tune episode of Bugs Bunny v Foghorn Leghorn

Monk

Referee
Just as well Souths aren't training there... we don't want to spend anymore time than we have to at the scum's leper colony (otherwise known as the SFS).

We're simply going there on Sunday to carry out a clinical decapitation of the chooks, leave you to clean up the carnage, then get out as fast as we can.

didnt you guys play some of you home games at the SFS last year?

Training at the SFS would have been useful for you guys. You know, like getting used to standing around in your in-goal.;-)

Dave Q

Coach
I can just see it now,

Hundreds of us rabbitohs hordes, carrying our baseball bats, knives and brass knuckles descending on Rorting management crying out:

"Rawwg, Rawwg, come out and fite ya cowards!"

A few of us smarter ones have snuck bow and arrows in. We pour on our 100% metho onto the arrows ( after a few swigs) and set fire to Freddys box.

Politis trys to make his escape wearing a drinks steward uniform, but he is recognised by a old age pensioner from waterloo.

We string him up on a makeshift crucifix made of beer cups and drive the last lemon car he sold, straight towards him.

Bloody Fords, I hate them.

Rawwgh!

I feel feral, primitive almost, and by fug my blooster lads, Im lovin it.

FFS Bring it on!

Dave Q

Coach
Lets get filthy and feral everyone.

I suggest a female mud wrestling event at half time.

The crowd can join in, until Rusty joins the fracas and slays a thousand of youse by the end of the first half of the little leaguers!

Our great unwashed hordes will desstroy your evil blooster empire once and for all.

So that the league may live in peace!

Rawggh!!

Last edited:

Latest posts