What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Duo Sidelined

lainey

Juniors
Roosters duo sidelined
May 24, 2004

SYDNEY Roosters pair Craig Wing and Anthony Minichiello have been stood down by the NRL club for its next game against the New Zealand Warriors for breaking club policy while in camp with the NSW State of Origin rugby league team.

Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said Wing and Minichiello had been dropped for being in a "restricted area" early last Wednesday morning following the NSW team's bonding session.

Minichiello was dropped from the Blues side last week for taking a mobile phone out when he and several other players left the team hotel in the early hours of Wednesday.

The phone was used by teammate Mark Gasnier to leave an obscene message on a woman's message service. Minichiello told NSW team officials he had no knowledge of that and had lost the phone.

Wing was fined $3000 by the NSWRL for unprofessional behaviour.

The Roosters met with both players this morning, when the decision was made to leave them out of the club's next game against the Warriors at Aussie Stadium on Sunday.

AAP

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah only because the Roosters have details in their contract not to enter the Kings Cross District all season - that was the reason Wing was stood down.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah i know. The only reason he might have thought different is because he was with the Origin side not the Roosters and the terms with NSW are under the ARL i assume and the Roosters terms are with the NRL.

But maybe if he didnt read 'not allowed in the area ALL SEASON'

I dunno!