What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters evolution

T-Boon

Coach
I hate the Rooster but I have to hand it to them they have some respect for their jersey (I only see 2 maybe 3 ads on it and it seems the same most years).
Most clubs treat their jersey like an amusement park. I don't see why they done try to get 10 ads onto the jersey we seem to be up to 6 or 7. Surely we can have 2 major front of jersey ads.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I hate the Rooster but I have to hand it to them they have some respect for their jersey (I only see 2 maybe 3 ads on it and it seems the same most years).
Most clubs treat their jersey like an amusement park. I don't see why they done try to get 10 ads onto the jersey we seem to be up to 6 or 7. Surely we can have 2 major front of jersey ads.

LOL

Roosters have like 6-7 sponsors on their kit

Look at the sleeves, on the back, below the neck line, as well as the shorts both front and back
and the main one Steggles at the front

emjaycee

Coach
LOL

Roosters have like 6-7 sponsors on their kit

Look at the sleeves, on the back, below the neck line, as well as the shorts both front and back
and the main one Steggles at the front
They have a steggle on the front of their shorts?? Never heard it called that before.

strider

Post Whore
I see 8 sponsor logos ... more if you want to include the jersey maker ISC

8e5b9912b814f13d81c0fbdf3f1f1b0971138e2f

I see 8 sponsor logos ... more if you want to include the jersey maker ISC

8e5b9912b814f13d81c0fbdf3f1f1b0971138e2f
Sydney Roosters assemble the NRL’s first $5m playing strip
Phil Rothfield, The Sunday Telegraph
September 5, 2020 6:12pm
Subscriber only
This is the first $5 million playing strip in rugby league history.

Despite the tough COVID-19 economic impact on business, the Sydney Roosters have not just sold every spot on their jersey and shorts, but locked down major sponsor Steggles on a new three-year $4 million deal.

The strip is worth at least $2 million more than many of their NRL rivals.

This is a remarkable commercial coup in a city with nine NRL teams all competing for sponsorship dollars. Plus two AFL teams, two A League teams, two Big Bash teams and the Waratahs.

similars

076d0b843959f28196ca5f073adba591

Roosters’ star power has helped them lock in the richest sponsor deal in the NRL. Picture: Getty Images.
It’s a far cry from the $50,000 Nick Politis paid in 1976 to splash City Ford on the front of the Roosters jersey in a first in Australian sport.

Steggles are now locked in at the Roosters until 2024 at $1.25 million a year plus bonuses for making the top four and winning premierships.

It will be 15 seasons with the club by the end of the deal.

No other city in the country is as competitive as Sydney for the sporting dollar.

The Broncos and Storm have big cities to themselves but can’t match the Roosters in jersey value.

It obviously helps to have powerful board members from the big end of town, headed up by chairman Politis, with their corporate connections and influence to attract big sponsors.

Plus winning the past two grand finals helps.

However, the Roosters insist it is more about their culture and principles.

73fc6feb464a237f390c43eb935575e0

Chairman Nick Politis’ corporate connections have helped the Roosters attract big sponsors. Picture: NRL Photos.
That the image of the players on and off the field is attracting so much corporate support.

“Winning grand finals and having high-profile players helps but it’s not everything,” said the Roosters commercial boss Jarrod Johnstone.

“Our partners want to be with the Roosters because of the club that we are and the people that we are. These standards are set by Nick and the board and Robbo.

“It’s not just about quality players. The sponsors want to engage with quality people.”

The charity element to Steggles’ sponsorship has been an enormous success.

Established in 2010, it has now raised more than $4 million for Lifestart, Children’s Hospital Foundation, Children’s Cancer Institute Australia and the Roosters Outreach program.

Steggles donates $1000 for every point the Roosters win by. Last week in the big win over the Broncos, it was a $46,000 donation.

NRL’S FIRST $5M PLAYING STRIP

Steggles $1.25m

IKON $800k*

Unibet $800k

Magic Glass $500k

ISC $1.0m

SkyWorkers $300k

MPSR $250k

Budget $200k

Bonuses $700k

Total 5.8 million

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm not sure the Storm "have the city to themselves" as the above article alludes to. Last time I looked, rugba league wasn't the only game in town.

Latest posts