What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

roosters fan day

gregstar

Referee
Roosters fan day

27 September 2004

The Sydney Roosters are holding a meet the fans day tomorrow, Tuesday 28 September to say thank you in the lead up to Sunday's grand final.

Coach Ricky Stuart has called on all supporters to get behind the players.

This event at Aussie Stadium also gives the players a chance to acknowledge the fans.

"This has been the best off-field year in this club's 97 year history and the players and coaching staff wish to acknowledge the role the fans play.

"We are into 3 grand finals this Sunday and that can only happen with great support " he concluded.

The Roosters mascot and cheersquad members will also be in attendance.

Roosters Fan Day
Date: Tuesday 28th September
Time: 5pm - 6.30pm
Venue: Aussie Stadium.
Entry: Free

they are expecting a sellout crowd of twelve!

rossy

Juniors
Gee, the old Roosters have no fans one. You guys are so creative.

What about those best home crowd averages in Sydney for 2004 figures?

You've really got nothing have you?

As for the WMD, ask the Liberal Party, they are the ones who said they exist.

rossy said:
Gee, the old Roosters have no fans one. You guys are so creative.

What about those best home crowd averages in Sydney for 2004 figures?

You've really got nothing have you?

Too right.

Penrith have the worst home crowds of any team still left in the NRL, but no one says boo about their crowds.

Our crowds are comparable or better than all Sydney clubs, over a 555 year period.

Chook

First Grade
At least the trains will be safe, there won't be any crackers, no roaming gangs of short haired morons and minimal security needed. Fans will be free to enjoy the day without worrying about being spat on or have stuff thrown at them.

Should be a good day.

Chook.

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
they should hold it at henson so the cars can be parked rd the edge of the field ... after easts are finished thanking both their fans they could then train

parra001

Juniors
How come when i read crap from rooster supports i always get the feeling half of you jumped on the wagon just 2years ago when it became cool to follow a team of pretty boy wankers or would i be right in thinking the majority started supporting them when funboy freddie went across from penrith:? :? :?

rossy

Juniors
What was the Tigers home average this year? The Roosters have no fans argument has no legs. Much like the Tiges run itno the semis

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rossy

Juniors
parra001 said:
How come when i read crap from rooster supports i always get the feeling half of you jumped on the wagon just 2years ago when it became cool to follow a team of pretty boy wankers or would i be right in thinking the majority started supporting them when funboy freddie went across from penrith:? :? :?

Sorry mate fourth generation fan. My family was following them before your club existed. I was there and remember them in '72 getting rorted by Manly. Beating the Dogs in '74 was good, but whacking the Saints in '75 was the best.

parra001

Juniors
rossy said:
What was the Tigers home average this year? The Roosters have no fans argument has no legs. Much like the Tiges run itno the semis

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Oz' defence at least their supports still turn up thru good & bad times....when you guys were crap and even 2002 your crowd figures were shithouse - although i suppose they could have been worse if your were still playin at henson park cause it wouldnt have been cool to be seen there or they didnt sell just the right tasting latte's.......

rossy

Juniors
We were at Henson Park because we were having the SFS built on the spot where our home ground the Sydney Sports Ground was, apparently Henson Park is very cool amongst the Newtown set nowadays.

I remember seeing Hughie McGahan with a broken arm for 50 minutes there throw the winning pass for a try against the Bears there. The loudest snap I remember at a football game.

The Roosters fans I know can enjoy it for exactly the same reason. That's why I find it hard to cop it from fans of teams that have been around for five minutes. Melbourne indeed. Cowboys... pffftt... They're not even clubs!

I respect Balmain and the Maggies, Bunnies & Berries, Bears & Eels, even the Saints and the Dogs, maybe even old Manly... the rest I can take or leave.

Corbin

Juniors
Chook said:
At least the trains will be safe, there won't be any crackers, no roaming gangs of short haired morons and minimal security needed. Fans will be free to enjoy the day without worrying about being spat on or have stuff thrown at them.

Should be a good day.

Chook.

soooo true...so many people just continue to think the bulldogs and their fans are "angels".. at least some1 knows wat they r like...

Oz Yid's Tigers

Juniors
i can see easts fans getting 20,000 for a game against last running souths with the tigers running 9th/10th at the time ... we've all seen easts crowds when easts weren't fashionable and the team wasn't challenging and they were and always will be paltry ... there are 45 fans that were there at henson and the remaining `20,000' (usually toes counted a la their crowds at the SFS in the early 90s whne they announced crowds of 7k and the figure was nearer 1500) float between the kings, swans, waratahs and whatever other team is flavour of the month ... easts support is the worst and most fickle in the comp .. anyone can get 20,000 when they win every week .. get 20,000 when you are near the bottom and i'll have respect ... i've seen easts near the botttom (unlike 99% of the new fan plastic tools that now `support them') and let me tell u their crowds were nearer 20 than 20k ... plastic , 2 bob, soul-less, yuppified, gentrified team who claim to represent sydney city yet are hated by all including their eastern subs heartland who abandoned them for eons in favour of the swans

Latest posts