What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters game

jenninga

First Grade
Thanks, but there was no bad luck. The Dragons were very lucky that the Roosters were in training mode & Sonny Bill didn't break a sweat in the first half & sat out the second. If the Roosters were serious they could've doubled their score.

I disagree there ,the Roosters tasted blood and tried to rack up 50.Our guys tried,that breakaway try before halftime finished the game but we kept them honest in the 1st half.A couple of Fien's kicks for Morris were smart moves but didn't pay off and a couple of penalties in there 20m were poor calls when we had pressured them.
The 2nd half however we faded and we fought well to keep the score at 36,they were serious, anyone who was at Kogarah could see that they were hungry for more.

jenninga

First Grade
How true is this.

The difference between Roosters and Dragons ?

Roosters weren't happy with their game. They criticise their own discipline for the number of penalties they gave away, claim they can play better and need to be better.

Dragons, after a that loss, congratulate each other for their effort and are looking forwared to a week's break away from football.

Both Penrith and now Roosters, don't bring their best game, but still thrash us easily.

how can Dragons, with more possession than the roosters, complete 5 more sets, not just lose by 36 by not score a point.

If SBW was on the field and on fire we'd got the 50 or 60 pts against us.

the 36-0 scoreline flattered us
We were the same 3 years ago,we demanded perfection.Also we had a young team out there and clearly outclassed but the effort was there.We just cannot score points,simple.Surely you don't think we threw in the towel.

BennyV

Referee
I disagree there ,the Roosters tasted blood and tried to rack up 50.Our guys tried,that breakaway try before halftime finished the game but we kept them honest in the 1st half.A couple of Fien's kicks for Morris were smart moves but didn't pay off and a couple of penalties in there 20m were poor calls when we had pressured them.
The 2nd half however we faded and we fought well to keep the score at 36,they were serious, anyone who was at Kogarah could see that they were hungry for more.

Based on what I saw from Seijka, if he is in the 7 then we score those tries!

Old_Timer

Juniors
Well I was she'll shocked to hear the ABC radio coverage of our game against the chooks. It made our club out as a poor imitation of comedy capers. The biggest irony was the scoreboard putting up an advertisement after each time the chooks scored. The innuendo of course being who would want to purchase our merchandise given our on field performance.