What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Pack Boosted

D

Deleted member 10972

Cayless was a pretty well established Parra benchie we got for cheap because they had more faith in Alex Chan. Morley was very well established in ESL, but was known as a tyro. Fitzgibbon & Wing were both bottom of the bargain barrel.

MrT

Juniors
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Cayless was a pretty well established Parra benchie we got for cheap because they had more faith in Alex Chan. Morley was very well established in ESL, but was known as a tyro. Fitzgibbon & Wing were both bottom of the bargain barrel.

Cayless played City Origin in his last season at Parra. Roosters just splurged the cash....lol and Wing, that's why you gave him huge money when you first bought him and even got stung for rorting the cap with his payments. Roosters ruin players, Harrison, Anasta, Finch (don't worry, Parra will develop him), Monaghan

RoostarGirl

Juniors
MrT said:
Cayless played City Origin in his last season at Parra. Roosters just splurged the cash....lol and Wing, that's why you gave him huge money when you first bought him and even got stung for rorting the cap with his payments. Roosters ruin players, Harrison, Anasta, Finch (don't worry, Parra will develop him), Monaghan

MR T.

Crap he played city origin in his last season with Parra. Why would he play city Origin he is a Kiwi is he not??

As for Wing, we got him because Souths were dropped from the Comp...he needed a club and I suppose it was close to home for him from memory we had to pay the different in the Contract.

As for ruining Harrison.....what a joke.....he played with Souths for years before coming to us and he looked like a hero....I could have looked like a hero playing for Souths during those times.

On to Anasta, the guy played all season with a serious groin injury (requiring surgery) you won't know how good or bad he'll play for the Chooks until next year when he is fully fit.

Then Finch, well he went from an average player at Canberra to a player that managed to play in a few Grand Finals with the Chooks, play alongside Freddy in Origin and then an Origin hero again last year.....(but we ruined him:roll: I don't think he is ruined I just don't think he was ever that great to begin with just a bit lucky having played alongside some champion players). I hope he is great for you guys at Parra, good luck.

Oh and last but not least...Monaghan (the last person you refer to)....didn't play all last season due to serious injury....Okay didn't look the goods in the first year with us but hey he was settling in and no one has looked the goods in the past 2 season THANKS TO STUART!!! Roosters don't ruin players STUART DOES.

Even the Australian players didn't look the goods under Stuarts Coaching last weekend.....GOOD LUCK SHARKIES....your gonna need it.

I'm looking forward to Anderson Coaching......he can't be any worse than Stuart.

ozzie

Bench
RoostarGirl said:
MR T.

Crap he played city origin in his last season with Parra. Why would he play city Origin he is a Kiwi is he not??

As for Wing, we got him because Souths were dropped from the Comp...he needed a club and I suppose it was close to home for him from memory we had to pay the different in the Contract.

As for ruining Harrison.....what a joke.....he played with Souths for years before coming to us and he looked like a hero....I could have looked like a hero playing for Souths during those times.

On to Anasta, the guy played all season with a serious groin injury (requiring surgery) you won't know how good or bad he'll play for the Chooks until next year when he is fully fit.

Then Finch, well he went from an average player at Canberra to a player that managed to play in a few Grand Finals with the Chooks, play alongside Freddy in Origin and then an Origin hero again last year.....(but we ruined him:roll: I don't think he is ruined I just don't think he was ever that great to begin with just a bit lucky having played alongside some champion players). I hope he is great for you guys at Parra, good luck.

Oh and last but not least...Monaghan (the last person you refer to)....didn't play all last season due to serious injury....Okay didn't look the goods in the first year with us but hey he was settling in and no one has looked the goods in the past 2 season THANKS TO STUART!!! Roosters don't ruin players STUART DOES.

Even the Australian players didn't look the goods under Stuarts Coaching last weekend.....GOOD LUCK SHARKIES....your gonna need it.

I'm looking forward to Anderson Coaching......he can't be any worse than Stuart.

so am I - you can't help fools like Mr T - I wonder if he is out of nappies yet...

Parra Glory

Juniors
ozzie said:
so am I - you can't help fools like Mr T - I wonder if he is out of nappies yet...

well use made Eric Grothe look bad when you guys singed him from us originally, the same thing with Chad Robinson. Look at them now. Also David Solomono was a nobody when he was playing with the roosters. The same thing said about Dean Widders. Thats 4 players just from parra. I really hope you dont make John Williams look bad because he is a huge talent.

D

Deleted member 10972

Parra Glory said:
well use made Eric Grothe look bad when you guys singed him from us originally, the same thing with Chad Robinson. Look at them now. Also David Solomono was a nobody when he was playing with the roosters. The same thing said about Dean Widders. Thats 4 players just from parra. I really hope you dont make John Williams look bad because he is a huge talent.

Mate you are a deadset knucklehead. Eric Grothe came to us but had serious attitude problems off the field. Solomona was our key man in the 2000 grand final, our impact man, & our form forward leading into the Grand Final. He went to Parra, had one good year, & from then on faded off the face of the Earth. Robinson is the EXACT same at Parra as he was at Roosters, a solid workhorse, nothing more. Widders, fair enough, but he was young at us & had weight issues. How old are you mate? Player's don't "turn bad" just because they go to different clubs. There's lots of off-field things that happen. People go on about Hodges being crap at Roosters, he was best centre in the world with us in 2002 after being a nobody in 2001 at Broncos, then he got injured in 2003, & gained too much weight & got drunk in 2004. Bronco's picked him up & he moved home away from the nightclubs. It wasn't the TEAM, it was the location. And how about Jason Cayless? We picked him up from you & turned him into a superstar.

D

Deleted member 10972

Yes that's what i am very afraid of. 1st thing that came to my mind once i heard about Brown. But, you never know.

Steven@L.W

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
Has Anderson ever seen out a contract? Or left a place that didnt end up in turmoil?
He should do wonders for Easts.Atleast us Souths supporters think so.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Steven@L.W said:
Has Anderson ever seen out a contract? Or left a place that didnt end up in turmoil?
He should do wonders for Easts.Atleast us Souths supporters think so.

Whats with you nuckle head south supporters, you have been the worst team in the league for twenty years, clean your own back yard up before you try and talk about your neighbours!

league_nut

Juniors
I think the roosters pack looks very weak for 07. Beattie, Nutley are rubbish. Nutley must be 33 by now. Nate Myles is slower then Arthur Beetson now. Fitzy is had it. I cant see any go forward apart from Shillo

D

Deleted member 10972

Nutley is only 31, & still makes loads of yards & tackles. Don't forget the impact Craig Smith & Davico had on the Knights. Fitzgibbon was excellent at tthe end of 2006 once Ricky gave him time in the backrow...only a rare few times failed to make 100m & 30 tackles. Myles is slow, but he is a prop, & he is there for his defence. Ideally, in 2008, we release Beattie as he is stopgap, shift Nutley to bench, & buy ourselves a young prop, one that has the potential to be the next Webcke:

8. ????
9. Craig Wing
10. David Shillington
11. Ashley Harrison
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Braith Anasta

14. Chris Flannery
15. Nate Myles
16. Anthony Tupou
17. Danny Nutley

That is a quality pack, even without Morley or Cayless or Crocker.

Steven@L.W

Juniors
Rotten Rooster said:
Whats with you nuckle head south supporters, you have been the worst team in the league for twenty years, clean your own back yard up before you try and talk about your neighbours!
The old ways have been voted out of Souths,times are a changing,good luck with the Gosford move within the next few years!!!!

The Colonel

Immortal
RoostarGirl said:

Dumped Kimmorley to captain Country
greendot.gif

03/06/01 State Of Origin

Dumped New South Wales halfback Brett Kimmorley will captain Country Origin in Friday night’s clash against City Origin at Bathurst.

The Eagles’ Kimmorley was replaced by the Dragons’ Trent Barrett at halfback in the Blues side for the return Origin clash against Queensland at Stadium Australia on Sunday.

Matt Orford, who replaced Kimmorley at the Storm this season and was eligible for Country selection, was named in the City Origin side. Orford played his first senior football with Umina on the NSW central coast but weeks later played for North Sydney, which is classified as a city team.

Country includes six former or current Australian and New South Wales representatives.

St George Illawarra second-rower Lance Thompson will skipper the City team.

City:
Brett Hodgson (Parramatta), Hazim El Masri (Bulldogs), Colin Best (Sharks), Mark Gasnier (St George Illawarra), Anthony Minichiello (Sydney Roosters), Adam Dykes (Sharks), Matt Orford (Northern Eagles), Steve Menzies (Northern Eagles), Lance Thompson (St George Illawarra), Jody Gall (Penrith), Jason Cayless (Parramatta), Brad Drew (Parramatta), Ian Rubin (Sydney Roosters). Res: Barry Ward (Bulldogs), Colin Ward (St George Illawarra), Ben Galea (Wests Tigers), Craig Wing (Sydney Roosters).

Jason Moodie (Parramatta), Nathan Blacklock (St George Illawarra), Chris Hicks (Penrith), Timana Tahu (Newcastle), Darren Albert (Newcastle), Scott Hill (Melbourne), Brett Kimmorley (Northern Eagles), Jason Croker (Canberra), Ben Kennedy (Newcastle), Ian Hindmarsh (Parramatta) Jason Ryles (St George Illawarra), Danny Buderus (Newcastle), Darren Britt (Bulldogs). Res: Mark McLinden (Canberra), Glenn Morrison (North Queensland), Steve Simpson (Newcastle), Josh Perry (Newcastle).

http://www.playtheball.com/news/news.asp?newsid=3935

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
Steven@L.W said:
The old ways have been voted out of Souths,times are a changing,good luck with the Gosford move within the next few years!!!!

what a puppet you are, just because you bought one good player and a couple of average players you think your going to make the eight, what happens when injury hits have you thought about that? Who is going to replace these players? I dont have a problem with souths or any team I wish them well, its the puppets like your self that come along and bag us and our team for no reason whats so ever but pure jealousy! We will see who goes to gosford my little friend.

Steven@L.W

Juniors
Rotten Rooster said:
what a puppet you are, just because you bought one good player and a couple of average players you think your going to make the eight, what happens when injury hits have you thought about that? Who is going to replace these players? I dont have a problem with souths or any team I wish them well, its the puppets like your self that come along and bag us and our team for no reason whats so ever but pure jealousy! We will see who goes to gosford my little friend.
We will also see who finishes above the other next year.BTW il be happy if Souths finish 9th or 10th as i dont expect them to go from Spooners on a regular occurance to semi finals.Did it really hurt that much to miss Asotasi and end up with Myles?
PS-good luck with the train trip from Bondi to Gosford.

MY_IQ_00

Why Does Everyone Think One Of The Established Sydney Teams Are Going To Move To Gosford Wasn't The Reason Souths Were Kicked Out In The First Place Because The Didn't Mett The Standards Set By The Nrl. Now We Are Ending Up One Of The Richest Clubs With Sponsorships And So On. Holmes A Court Would Not Spend So Much Money On Erko Oval Then Redfern Oval Then The Leagues Club If He Didn't Want To Stay. The Roosters Should Still Have Plenty Of Money In The Bank Due To The Success They've Had In The Past. No One Will Move If Gold Coast Works Well Over The Next 5 Years Then Maybe Another Team Is On The Cards. If They Fail Then They Will Move To Central Coast Its That Easy So Don't Stress Your Teams Can't Move Or Else They Will Lose The Fans That Have Been There Through Thick And Thin

Latest posts