What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Propaganda Machine Rolls On

strider

Post Whore
Article on the SMH website: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/27/1072308727072.html

In this it appears the Goose's Lawyer, oops I mean Roosters' Lawyer and vice-chairman, seems to be trying to make everyone believe that the idiots are doing this for the good of everyone....a few quotes:

1) Other Codes will Poach Rugby League Talent
"League as a code faces a huge threat from other sports if players are not going to be suitably paid"

The only threat of taking existing players is Rugby Union - no player will leave to play any other code. And Rugby Union has come under ALOT of pressure itself for doing what it did with Rogers, Sailor and Tiquiri. I don't see Union taking any significant players or number of players from League in the future - these 3 were a World Cup oriented stunt.

As for kids going to other sports - does a 14yr old really think, 'I can make $25,000 extra a year playing AFL than I could playing League'...I don't think so - they play the sport they love to play - if thats league, then the possibility of substantial salary is enough....AND lets face it, despite troubled times, league still has the best junior infrastructure of any code in the rugby league states - sure it needs to be improved, but increasing the salary cap won't change it!

Strike 1 - to the roosters propaganda machine!

2) Rugby League Players are under-paid
"I know at the Roosters our coach, Ricky Stuart, doesn't want his players to be working jobs so they can be full-time footballers, but then some of these guys have to live off salaries that are less than what the staff earn"

My God - what is the world coming to?!?!....Lets face it, the only guys who might be underpaid are the 1st Div squad (ummm - these guys aren't even under the salary cap!!!) and maybe the odd guy in the top 25....However, the issue of the lesser players being paid fairly was already discussed with the player's union - rules were put in place for minimum salary and the union was satisfied with the outcome of that particular point.

If there are some players being paid less than the ball-boys at the Sydney Roosters (ok - thats a bit of an exageration, but you get my point), then maybe the club should take a good hard look at how it got itself into that situation!!!....When you signed Chris Walker for chickens feed cos he'd already got a chunk of money from Souths, did you really think he'd take the same money in the future??? Now you are crying poor cos you can't pay him the tens-of-thousands more that he wants - go and get stuffed you moronic idiots!!!

Strike 2 - roosters!

3 - No Club Must Spend All Their Cap Money
"As for ruining the game, that's just rubbish. No-one is making every club spend every cent of their salary cap. That is not in the rules."

Well of course they don't need to spend all their money - AND DIDN'T SOUTHS DO A FANTASTIC JOB WHEN THEY ADOPTED THAT PHILOSOPHY!!! ....Lets face facts, if you want ANY success in the NRL you MUST spend the money on some decent players!!!.....and success = crowds/fans = corporate sponsorship = more money for the club = club gets better.

If the Roosters seriously believe that the NRL will remain strong with many of the clubs spending well below the cap because they can't afford it they are deadset idiots!!!

Strike 3 - roosters - goodbye!!!

But Finally a Little Truth
"We want an increase so that our players are fairly rewarded and we want to be able to be able to retain our players."

Fairly rewarded??? - Craig Wing being paid how many hundred-thousand isn't enough eh?.....maybe some lesser players are doing it tough - maybe Craig (and others) shouldn't be getting overpaid in the first place, then there'd be more for the lesser underpaid players....maybe there are other bigger issues here - maybe rules need to be imposed for maximum salaries???....oh no, don't do that - I won't be able to afford my mansion on the beach!

The only bit of logic in the whole story was at the end there...."...we want to be able to be able to retain our players.".....THAT IS ALL that this stunt he Roosters have put on is about - 'Not losing their players'....before you Roosters fans tell me they have lost players - lets face it, they have lost reserve players to other clubs - not their stars - many other clubs have lost more important players (regular top 13 players) to the cap.

BUT now that the Roosters are in cap trouble for 2005, they want to change the rules....never needed a court case before when other teams were losing players to the cap.....of course not - all these so-called 'issues' were never issues then - only now - when the Roosters will lose players.

Rugby League does have issues to deal with: development at junior levels, keeping infront of other codes, making sure lesser players are taken care of financially.......BUT NONE OF THAT WILL BE SOLVED BY INCREASING THE SALARY CAP.....the Roosters are being selfish and just raising a big ugly issue for no reason other than retaining their current players - the sooner they admit that, the sooner this whole mess will be laid to rest.

Macca

Coach
It's obvious to everyone other than Rooter fans as to why they are doing it Strider. You will get the usual replies to this article from them. They will say things like, we have to look after ourselves and why should we have to worry about the other clubs, all the while missing the point. The competition will cease to exist if they pursue court action.

The salary cap will be abolished if they pursue court action. Fact. If it is found to be restriction of trade then it will be abolished. You can's ask the court for it to be a little less restriction of trade it's one or the other.

Once the cap is gone, you have another Super League and we all know what that did to RL.

Why can't they see this?

I thought your post was well written anyway, Strider.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I was really looking forward until season 2004, after 2003, i thought next season would be one of the greatest ever....but i guess not thanks for the F**king idiots in Bondi... :evil:

Once Dead

Bench
That crap is starting to sound like good ol' Mal's "What has Rugby League done for me?" statement.........these guys are just rich kids with whiny voices who whinge until their parents give them what they want.....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Tamazoid said:
And the Roosters forum is dead too - something to do with the "fanbase" perhaps :lol:

Their silence is deafening, as well as golden.

NRL scandals seem to be popular in the off seasons eh? This year it's the roosters, last year bulldogs, someone remind me of 2001, in 2000 it was the kimmorley saga. :roll:

Did you also read where Gould trotted out some old hack"one of the goosters great supporters-Alan Katzmann{gee-there must not be one person who disagrees with the goosters stand is there Phil}
this Katzmann goes on about loyaltyto the NRL during the war AND HOW IT WAS THE GOOSTERS-by staying firm to the NRL "was instumental in ensuring that neither comp. was strong enough to stand on its own and a compromise was created"
ISNT EVERYONE SO GLAD THAT THE ROOSTERS CAN SAVE THE GAME!
The arrogance is just astounding

And besides-Gould told Johns and the Knights that they were the jewel in the crown :D :D :shock: :clap: :clap:

melon....

Coach
strider said:
Article on the SMH website: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/12/27/1072308727072.html

In this it appears the Goose's Lawyer, oops I mean Roosters' Lawyer and vice-chairman, seems to be trying to make everyone believe that the idiots are doing this for the good of everyone....a few quotes:

1) Other Codes will Poach Rugby League Talent
"League as a code faces a huge threat from other sports if players are not going to be suitably paid"

The only threat of taking existing players is Rugby Union - no player will leave to play any other code. And Rugby Union has come under ALOT of pressure itself for doing what it did with Rogers, Sailor and Tiquiri. I don't see Union taking any significant players or number of players from League in the future - these 3 were a World Cup oriented stunt.

As for kids going to other sports - does a 14yr old really think, 'I can make $25,000 extra a year playing AFL than I could playing League'...I don't think so - they play the sport they love to play - if thats league, then the possibility of substantial salary is enough....AND lets face it, despite troubled times, league still has the best junior infrastructure of any code in the rugby league states - sure it needs to be improved, but increasing the salary cap won't change it!

Strike 1 - to the roosters propaganda machine!

2) Rugby League Players are under-paid
"I know at the Roosters our coach, Ricky Stuart, doesn't want his players to be working jobs so they can be full-time footballers, but then some of these guys have to live off salaries that are less than what the staff earn"

My God - what is the world coming to?!?!....Lets face it, the only guys who might be underpaid are the 1st Div squad (ummm - these guys aren't even under the salary cap!!!) and maybe the odd guy in the top 25....However, the issue of the lesser players being paid fairly was already discussed with the player's union - rules were put in place for minimum salary and the union was satisfied with the outcome of that particular point.

If there are some players being paid less than the ball-boys at the Sydney Roosters (ok - thats a bit of an exageration, but you get my point), then maybe the club should take a good hard look at how it got itself into that situation!!!....When you signed Chris Walker for chickens feed cos he'd already got a chunk of money from Souths, did you really think he'd take the same money in the future??? Now you are crying poor cos you can't pay him the tens-of-thousands more that he wants - go and get stuffed you moronic idiots!!!

Strike 2 - roosters!

3 - No Club Must Spend All Their Cap Money
"As for ruining the game, that's just rubbish. No-one is making every club spend every cent of their salary cap. That is not in the rules."

Well of course they don't need to spend all their money - AND DIDN'T SOUTHS DO A FANTASTIC JOB WHEN THEY ADOPTED THAT PHILOSOPHY!!! ....Lets face facts, if you want ANY success in the NRL you MUST spend the money on some decent players!!!.....and success = crowds/fans = corporate sponsorship = more money for the club = club gets better.

If the Roosters seriously believe that the NRL will remain strong with many of the clubs spending well below the cap because they can't afford it they are deadset idiots!!!

Strike 3 - roosters - goodbye!!!

But Finally a Little Truth
"We want an increase so that our players are fairly rewarded and we want to be able to be able to retain our players."

Fairly rewarded??? - Craig Wing being paid how many hundred-thousand isn't enough eh?.....maybe some lesser players are doing it tough - maybe Craig (and others) shouldn't be getting overpaid in the first place, then there'd be more for the lesser underpaid players....maybe there are other bigger issues here - maybe rules need to be imposed for maximum salaries???....oh no, don't do that - I won't be able to afford my mansion on the beach!

The only bit of logic in the whole story was at the end there...."...we want to be able to be able to retain our players.".....THAT IS ALL that this stunt he Roosters have put on is about - 'Not losing their players'....before you Roosters fans tell me they have lost players - lets face it, they have lost reserve players to other clubs - not their stars - many other clubs have lost more important players (regular top 13 players) to the cap.

BUT now that the Roosters are in cap trouble for 2005, they want to change the rules....never needed a court case before when other teams were losing players to the cap.....of course not - all these so-called 'issues' were never issues then - only now - when the Roosters will lose players.

Rugby League does have issues to deal with: development at junior levels, keeping infront of other codes, making sure lesser players are taken care of financially.......BUT NONE OF THAT WILL BE SOLVED BY INCREASING THE SALARY CAP.....the Roosters are being selfish and just raising a big ugly issue for no reason other than retaining their current players - the sooner they admit that, the sooner this whole mess will be laid to rest.
Yet another inbecile joins the ranks..Welcome Strider you absolute illiterate goose!!!! So whats the problem with the article, besides it confirms what we've been saying all along and what you moronic imbeciles cant understand? They want to retain players...Well DER GUMBY!!! No f**king Shit!!!?? Where have you been hiding!!?? Of coyurse they want to retain players....otherwise their players will go elsewhere....by Elswhere I mean UNION!!!

Is it The Roosters fault your club and many others cant fight their way out of a paper bag. f**k THE IMBECILES THAT ARE RUINING CLUBS WITH THEIR PATHETIC MANAGEMENT and scratch them. Start again. SOUTHS did not die because they didnt spend all their money you Mongo, SOUTHS DIED BECAUSE OF MANAGEMENT IN PIGGIN-SHIT!! That imba destroyed a once great club. Souths will NEVER be the same, and lucky to last another 2 seasons.

Who have we lost to the cap IMBECILE??? RESERVES??

IS Andrew Lomu a reserve?? He played in the last 2 Grand Finals IN FIRST GRADE. Has been a regular 1st Grader for 3 seasons.

Todd Payten...ANOTHER First Grader with Canberra and then Easts and now Wests. Lost because of the cap. You should have seen the guy's face when he was told the club wanted but was not allowed to keep him on the money he was WORTH!!! Devestated...but you dont have that sort of access so youd never know.

Every club has lost important players you one eyed spastic!!! AND IT WILL COME BACK AND BIGHT THE WEAKER CLUBS ON THE ARSE!!! If they cant keep their stars then why even bother playing the game? Hell they cant even pay their bills...BUT THATS EASTS FAULT AS WELL ISNT IT BRAINIAC!!???

Just another blow in with absolutely no idea..."but before Roosters fans get upset"....NEXT TIME DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND ALLOW SO MUCH SHITE TO SPEW FORTH AND YOU MIGHT GET A BETTER RECEPTION.

Enjoy your time on this forum for dummys...strider!!! LOL.

And tell me -with Canberras top up in Paytens pay plus another club-WHAT were you actully paying him????
Help me out here RAIDERS 2004-IM sure you would have a good idea
As soon as you had to give him a decent wage from your cap-Hes shown the door and thanks very much
Andrew Lomu -First Grade-PFFT-Youd find his name in the Reggies more often than not

74 days out and gould breaks his silence! :oops: :clap:

El Diablo

Post Whore
melon.... said:
They want to retain players...Well DER GUMBY!!! No f**king sh*t!!!?? Where have you been hiding!!?? Of coyurse they want to retain players....otherwise their players will go elsewhere....by Elswhere I mean UNION!!!

melon, why is it that union only seem to be targetting Roosters players and where is your proof of this?

The Broncos have lost two players to union and voted no.

melon....

Coach
El Duque said:
melon.... said:
They want to retain players...Well DER GUMBY!!! No f**king sh*t!!!?? Where have you been hiding!!?? Of coyurse they want to retain players....otherwise their players will go elsewhere....by Elswhere I mean UNION!!!

melon, why is it that union only seem to be targetting Roosters players and where is your proof of this?

The Broncos have lost two players to union and voted no.
The Broncos did not contest the signings of Tuquiri and Sailor. Either way thats the Broncos problem, and they acted as they saw fit in the INTERSET OF THEIR CLUB. We contested the resigning of local junior with a huge future in Henari Veratau...who was eventually lured by the big bucks to the Brumbies. Cross, another junior, has also been linked with The Waratahs although this is only heresay and not official in any capacity. But thats 2 Easts have developemd as juniors and one definitely has been lost to Union, whilst the other is still a League Player...for now. Im not stating Union is targetting only Roosters. Theres another rumour thread here about Johns going to Union in 2005.

Whats really lame is League fans excusing it!! So what if some players are past their prime...they are importnat idols in OUR CODE and Union should never be capable of poaching them. Fans are saying Joeys past it, Freddys past it, Wendels past it, they want to partake in Union World Cups etc etc. What these fans fail is what the ycharge Roosters of being guilty of...they are forgetting to put League first. Oh look another stone thrown through that glass house.

Choppies

Coach
oi how would you feel if you were a full time league player and being 50 or 60K a year you wouldnt like it would you????????
you would want more wouldnt you?
hence a raise in the cap would benifit ALL teams not just the roosters

El Diablo

Post Whore
choppies said:
oi how would you feel if you were a full time league player and being 50 or 60K a year you wouldnt like it would you????????

And do you think a rise would see these players wages go up?

I don't think so.

melon....

Coach
El Duque said:
choppies said:

I don't think so.
wHY NOT??? pROVE IT!!!

El Diablo

Post Whore
melon.... said:
El Duque said:
choppies said:

I don't think so.
wHY NOT??? pROVE IT!!!
'

Why did I see Ricky Stuart saying they had blokes there on bugger all and couldn't pay them any more money unless there was a cap rise then not long after they signed Mal Kafusi(spelling?)?

It's when you see/hear things like that happening that you stop believing they give a hoot about those guys. The whinging about Fittlers pay cut doesn't help either.

You seem to think the money will be spent on retaining the Johns', Fittlers and Wings so how do you think the young blokes will see any extra?