What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Should Relocate To Gosford

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It should be played at the SFS, the site of the old Sports Ground.

Not that I'm complaining about it being at Bluetongue. Regardless, you've moved the same game here a number of times in recent years... it can only be a pre-cursor. *stirs pot*

I don't get the claims that the SFS represents anything other than what its been since it was built.

The only thing that the SFS and the old sports ground have in common is that they were in about the same spot.

Timmah

Staff member
And that's the point. The SFS doesn't represent it but it is the same place - that's the symbolism.

j5o6hn

Juniors
The only thing Eastern Suburbs have is the club in Bondi Junction,in my time in that part of the world Easts never took much interest in their juniors.
I think at one stage they were know as the transit lounge,the would be better off moved up to Gosford,and they might get some juniors to look after as well,the club with no soul thats Easts

Tom Ace

Bench
Timmah said:
It should be played at the SFS, the site of the old Sports Ground.

Not that I'm complaining about it being at Bluetongue. Regardless, you've moved the same game here a number of times in recent years... it can only be a pre-cursor. *stirs pot*

Looks like you're heading to NZ then.

Timmah

Staff member
Really?

I would've bought if you'd said Suncorp/Brisbane, because that's where we play our one on-the-road game.

Good to see you bite properly though.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
badav said:
I think you'll find that

- very few of the roosters players come from the eastern suburbs
- the majority of their supporter base doest come from the eastern suburbs

so i don't think that "losing" the eastern suburbs to another sport would be any great loss at all. if anything the area has already been lost to rugby union, and people who just couldn't give a rats about sport at all. it will never be a rugby league rich area, like campbelltown for example.

The blue line demarcates the boundary of Sydney's territory and as you will see, precious little would be lost by moving them to Gosford.

648px-Border_2.JPG

Timmah

Staff member
The people along the top-edge of the Roosters zone - Point Piper, Double Bay etc, couldn't give two hoots about the Goosters. Once you get to Coogee it's Souths territory again.

c_eagle

Juniors
badav said:
I think you'll find that

- very few of the roosters players come from the eastern suburbs
- the majority of their supporter base doest come from the eastern suburbs

so i don't think that "losing" the eastern suburbs to another sport would be any great loss at all. if anything the area has already been lost to rugby union, and people who just couldn't give a rats about sport at all. it will never be a rugby league rich area, like campbelltown for example.
Juniors isn't the only criteria for a teams viability nor is it the only measure of the codes' support in an area, this argument is tired.

I've lived in the Eastern Suburbs my whole life and when the Roosters are winning, they are easily the most popular sporting team in the area. This includes the Wallabies, the Swans, the Waratahs and whoever else. The code is reasonably strong in this area but like the North Shore, will be lost forever if the Roosters move.

I don't understand these calls for expansion at the expense of important teams in Sydney. There's 250k people in the Eastern Suburbs. Why would we want to lose that kind of audience in the most important RL market in the world to gain an extra potential 50k regional folk?

Timmah

Staff member
Pedant? There's a bigger market up here who are very clearly much more interested in league.

c_eagle

Juniors
Timmah said:
Pedant? There's a bigger market up here who are very clearly much more interested in league.
I said it's 50k more, you're pointing out that it's actually 66k. What a douchebag thing to do.

Red Bear

Referee
Timmah is a douchebag, deal with it.
Its easy to suggest other people teams move tho isnt it timmah and others?

OVP

Coach
Timmah said:

Oh really ? Well when they were given a team, the people up there totally ignored them. The Central Coast simply doesnt deserve a team at all. They treated the NRL like sh*t, so in turn deserve the same favour. The Central Coast can go to Hell. Give me Perth, a second South Qld team and Adelaide anyday.

Timmah

Staff member
c_eagle said:
I said it's 50k more, you're pointing out that it's actually 66k. What a douchebag thing to do.

Every dollar counts, every person counts. Simple as that really. You can whinge at me being a pedant, a douchebag, I don't really care. There is a case for moving both Easts and the Sharks up here, even if it's unlikely there are still reasons they viably could and in some cases should do so. I'm hardly demanding they move.

Regardless, this area deserves a team.

Timmah

Staff member
OVP said:
Oh really ? Well when they were given a team, the people up there totally ignored them. The Central Coast simply doesnt deserve a team at all. They treated the NRL like sh*t, so in turn deserve the same favour. The Central Coast can go to Hell. Give me Perth, a second South Qld team and Adelaide anyday.

Another uneducated fool.

Given we were told "here's the Northern Eagles" and expected to adopt them, within two years, our crowds were dwindling. The logo had the old "North Sydney, Manly Warringah, Central Coast" stripped from it's look and by 2002 it was all about Manly again. The Coast was left jaded and nobody wanted to support a team that was more or less a Sea Eagles in Bear clothing. The team was ripped from the coast, not pushed out.

Timmah

Staff member
An excellent, qualified statement I see.

:sarcasm:

Latest posts