What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters steal ANOTHER player!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panthers_Gurl

First Grade
but these are the roosters we are talking about they can do anything :? and most probably steal anyone :( :shock:

lainey

Juniors
PK said:
Probably just a rumour floating around lains. What's the go on our snowball, you know anymore?

No, I haven't spoken to him since last Friday so I'm not sure. :?

snorta69

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
You guys are starting to bleed some alright players.

Roberts, Lang (retiring), Girdler (retiring), Fa'aoso, Whatuiera

Why are you whinging none of these players are actual local juniors anyway??
Have Penrith not bought all of these players themselves??
Ironic, isnt it??

Big Mick

Referee
excuse me snorta we got fa'aoso when he was in SG Ball, and have developed him.

We got Gird's after one year at the steelers, and developed him into the player he was.

They might not all be juniors.

But if u look at our whole list of about 12 players we are bleeding through our ranks, all the others are our juniors.

snorta69

Juniors
Big Mick said:
excuse me snorta we got fa'aoso when he was in SG Ball, and have developed him.

We got Gird's after one year at the steelers, and developed him into the player he was.

They might not all be juniors.

But if u look at our whole list of about 12 players we are bleeding through our ranks, all the others are our juniors.

So what is your reply to:
Fittler 9yrs and 200+ games for Easts, GF.
Hegarty 100+ games for Easts (only 1st grd club), Origin, Tests, GF.
Cusack 100+ games for Easts (only 1st grd club), Country Origin, GF.
Hodges handful of games at Brisbane, Origin, GF.
Robinson bench player at Parra.
They are the accolades Easts losses (for 2005) have gained since playing at the club.
As for development make up your own mind, you will anyway. In my opinion what all these players have contributed to Easts far outweighs their contributions B4 Easts, including Fittler.

How do you claim development for Fa'aoso and Girdler??
Thats pushing the barrow a little isnt it??
Cant we claim development of Fa'aoso (with your logic) if he goes on and plays rep and 200+ games for Easts??
It is what you have done with Girdler, isnt it??

Mick I wasnt even bagging Penrith in any way when I said it is ironic the players you have released are not even local juniors. I find it ironic cos of how some supporters react to that word "junior". Its ironic when you add "Easts" near the "J" word the meanings always seem to change.
Ironic.

*Sandy*

First Grade
snorta69 said:
Wobbygong said:

Ironic, isnt it??

Fact: Wobbygong wasn't whinging.
Fact: Wobbygong isn't a panther fan - so why quote that actual post and typecast it as whinging?
Fact: Wobbygong didnt say anything about juniors, let alone local.
Fact: Yes Penrith did buy these players and gave some of them a 2nd chance.

Ironic ... ? What's ironic about it?

Most of us are not *whinging* as you bluntly put it. We are concerned that we are not buying and we are concerned that we are not retaining our lower grade players .... a slight difference. ;-)

snorta69

Juniors
PK said:
snorta69 said:
Wobbygong said:

Ironic, isnt it??

Fact: Wobbygong wasn't whinging.
Fact: Wobbygong isn't a panther fan - so why quote that actual post and typecast it as whinging?
Fact: Wobbygong didnt say anything about juniors, let alone local.
Fact: Yes Penrith did buy these players and gave some of them a 2nd chance.

Ironic ... ? What's ironic about it?

Most of us are not *whinging* as you bluntly put it. We are concerned that we are not buying and we are concerned that we are not retaining our lower grade players .... a slight difference. ;-)

You are right Wobbygong wasnt whinging, just had the players listed, thats why I used the quote. Mick was the main whinger, that is why later I have responded to Mick. The irony is Mick is always whinging about Easts stealing juniors from Penrith, and none of Penriths losses for next year are actual locals. I just find the irony amusing. I understand where you are coming from about the CEO situation and the retention of players. I do not find that amusing. I do notice that the majority of the quality young 1st graders you have developed into rep players are retained. That is something to be happy with, at least!!

*Sandy*

First Grade
Yes that is true thus far. No losses so far that we know of are Penrith local juniors this year.

I am guessing there is a pretty wide definition of the word *juniors*. I use juniors quite a bit and when I refer to juniors i refer to any player playing in lower grades. I have been picked up for it myself and I try to remember to use the proper wording as in *lower grade* players.

Penrith have lost local juniors in the past. One our of most talented juniors happens to play for the Roosters at this present time. That's something Penrith can be and will be proud of. Of course we would have been happier if he had stayed a panther. ;-)

Yes it is a fact of life that money talks, that other clubs might be able to offer a regular spot in 1st Grade where our club couldn't at the time etc., etc. . There was an interesting article I read from Luke Ricketson yesterday. It pretty much sums up why Sydney Roosters have become where they are today and why an offer from them looks very attractive.

Fans are passionate and everyone expresses themselves in different ways. I can't speak for Mick but I do know that he is passionate. You, yourself seem passionate, for it seems you have found a beef with Mick and want to pick until you have boned him.

A lot of fans do get sick of the Roosters approaching the cream of the crop and dangling that attractive package in their faces though. Let's face it, they tried with Wesser last year - and where was Wesser - No.1 tryscorer in the NRL at the time. This year it's our other No.1 tryscorer in the NRL. It's always the cream of the crop.

snorta69

Juniors
PK said:
Yes that is true thus far. No losses so far that we know of are Penrith local juniors this year.

I am guessing there is a pretty wide definition of the word *juniors*. I use juniors quite a bit and when I refer to juniors i refer to any player playing in lower grades. I have been picked up for it myself and I try to remember to use the proper wording as in *lower grade* players.

Penrith have lost local juniors in the past. One our of most talented juniors happens to play for the Roosters at this present time. That's something Penrith can be and will be proud of. Of course we would have been happier if he had stayed a panther. ;-)

Yes it is a fact of life that money talks, that other clubs might be able to offer a regular spot in 1st Grade where our club couldn't at the time etc., etc. . There was an interesting article I read from Luke Ricketson yesterday. It pretty much sums up why Sydney Roosters have become where they are today and why an offer from them looks very attractive.

Fans are passionate and everyone expresses themselves in different ways. I can't speak for Mick but I do know that he is passionate. You, yourself seem passionate, for it seems you have found a beef with Mick and want to pick until you have boned him.

A lot of fans do get sick of the Roosters approaching the cream of the crop and dangling that attractive package in their faces though. Let's face it, they tried with Wesser last year - and where was Wesser - No.1 tryscorer in the NRL at the time. This year it's our other No.1 tryscorer in the NRL. It's always the cream of the crop.

I understand where you are coming from. But do you try to buy the cream or the sour cream?? I have heard some say "Easts are trying to win the comp every year" in some derogatory(spelling??) tones on a few occasions before. Well I wouldnt watch them if they didnt do all they could to win it each year. That is their job. I think people have more problems with Easts methods than their ambitions. In frustration it probably comes out as a slur on the whole club?? Who knows??
That leads me to the Micks of this world. You are right about the "pick the bones" comment. I should realise some people will never be able to discuss issues sanely. I shouldnt stoop to their level, but sometimes it does make me smile. A failing?? Perhaps.
Yep the word "juniors". What is the definition?? I suppose whoevers talking at the time defines it his or her way. I always presumed grade footy at age 16. Causes alot of arguments. An official definition would be good. Do we have one?? Anyone??

all i can say is i know easts have been investigated and so on, but c'mon there some dodgy crap going on, they have high paid players already and then sign a few more big names on top of that....

somethings going on dont you think???

*Sandy*

First Grade
Who knows knight of knights but until the day comes if they are ever shown up of any wrong doing, we'll never know. We can assume all we like, i suppose as long as it is within reason.

Snorta, when speaking in discussions with the word junior, before commenting ask their definition of it! :D It's probably the only way we will ever get around it.

I wrote that last paragraph to show an example of the frustrations of other supporters. Of course you want your team to buy the best they can. The frustrations of Penrith supporters relate to that but lucky for us Wesser was not hooked by the rooster bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts