What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Team 100 announced

melon....

Coach
Another one up on Souths. For our 100 year, we have announced our top 100.

Mini
Bill Mullins
Mark Harris
John Brass
Ian Schubert
Freddy
Kevin Hastings
Arthur Beetson (c)
Sandy Pearce
Ray Stehr
Ron Coote
Joe Pearce
Andy Norval

Bench:
Fitzy
Ernie Norman
Luke Ricko
Barry Reilly (Bunny the original Axe, not some cheap QLD imitation like Gillmeister)

Coach: Jack Gibson

DeeGan

Bench
What a team! What an honor it would be to selected in this elite company. I am happy for Anthony Minichiello, he is one of my favourite players in the game and I can't wait for him to bounce back in 2007 at all levels of the game. Let's hope he, like Luke Ricketson, can be a one team man as well.

p.s. I saw the brilliant picture in the Telegraph this morning - anyone else a little annoyed Freddy (as great as he was) was in the freaking way! :lol:

The only other clubs who have an all star team to rival them are the Dragons and the Bunnies, thats an awesome side showing the greatness of the Roosters club over time.

Mr Saab

Referee
mongoose said:
top 100? you would scraping the barrel in any team to come up with 100 decent players.

It is players who have played 100 games or more for the chooks.
Not the top 100 players.

simon says

First Grade
Marshall_magic said:
The only other clubs who have an all star team to rival them are the Dragons and the Bunnies, thats an awesome side showing the greatness of the Roosters club over time.

Tigers have a pretty handy one.

I reckon you go into any teams history,their "best of" would rival any other teams.

jed

First Grade
melon.... said:
Another one up on Souths. For our 100 year, we have announced our top 100.
Perhaps Souths have chosen to actually wait til they've played 100 seasons before choosing a "team of the century"?

Could one of the mods in here please change the thread name to "Roosters Team 99 announced", before our usual forum cop gets around to asking? :p

Bumble

First Grade
jed said:
Perhaps Souths have chosen to actually wait til they've played 100 seasons before choosing a "team of the century"?

Could one of the mods in here please change the thread name to "Roosters Team 99 announced", before our usual forum cop gets around to asking? :p

Jed are you in a VNRL public comp under the name "Norfolk Enchants Jed"?

Because they're in my comp...and home ground was Odsal and I know you like Bradford so yeah...

simon says said:
Tigers have a pretty handy one.

I reckon you go into any teams history,their "best of" would rival any other teams.

that they did, but the Roosters one has some all time greats, as does the bunnies, and the Dragons one is loaded with immortals.

wittyfan

Referee
busted_cop.gif

Top 99!!!

Y2Eel

First Grade
jed said:

Well they have played in 100 seasons.. still dont ge thte whole 100year logo though..:crazy:

Latest posts