What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters want Carney - if he cleans up his act

chaplin

Juniors
Tell me again how the rorters are involved in every big name signing?

Because it sells newspapers. Sheep buy these newspapers then bleet their opinions on forums like these or ring radio shows. Its been happening for years. I am always amused by the sheep personally. Baabaa.

badav

Bench
He'll never clean up his act, plain and simple, but good luck to the roosters, being in the limelight in sydney with that many nightclubs at his disposal is going to make him worse than ever.

In Sydney he would likely get seriously hurt if he carried on with his antics like he did in Canberra, ie: pissing on someone.

I don't think Carney will ever play as well for another club as he did/would of with the Raiders. His heart won't be in it.

So which of these clubs will lose a bit of self-respect and sign Carney for 2010?
So far it's been reported that the following clubs are fighting it out for his services:
Penrith
Dragons
Tigers
Roosters
Manly

All Sydney clubs. Not the best destination for Todd. I think I heard the Cowboys were looking at him too due to the Henry link.

Whoever signs him is desperate. And when I think desperate I think the Sharks. For some reason I think they'll come from left-field and snap him up.

sydraider

First Grade
The bloke has talent, thus umpteenth chances thus pricklike behaviour will always ensue.

When I read about him and the atherton roosters, immediately I thought he is cowboys bound, Burns is a bust, they will piss him off and sign carney, if he is playing 5/8 next the thurston, would be a leethal combination, wont last however because the dickhead will prolly get done drink driving without a license doing burnouts on a roundabout.

MANLYMAGIC08

Juniors
Well after his jumping on the car the other night will he be signed?
oh and you can rule out Manly picking him up, thats for sure

_Johnsy

Referee
I don't think Carney will ever play as well for another club as he did/would of with the Raiders. His heart won't be in it.

So which of these clubs will lose a bit of self-respect and sign Carney for 2010?
So far it's been reported that the following clubs are fighting it out for his services:
Penrith
Dragons
Tigers
Roosters
Manly

All Sydney clubs. Not the best destination for Todd. I think I heard the Cowboys were looking at him too due to the Henry link.

Whoever signs him is desperate. And when I think desperate I think the Sharks. For some reason I think they'll come from left-field and snap him up.

After this latest episode I cannot see the drags signing him. He would have to be one of the dumbest people ever. I cannot believe the stupidity of the kid.

Tiger-lord 75

Juniors
As a passionate tigers man I hope to christ that this latest embarrasment will stop them from chasing this detestable little peice of scum.
I live in Canberra and have seen this moronic merkin in action.....

DogEEL

Juniors
Its a farkin shame, what a waste of talent. He will end up in the ESL or Union.

He could have been NSW's savior in the next few years, he had the potential to be as good if not better then Fitler. What a tool, he pissed away 100's of thousands of dollars, chance to play nrl & probably SOO for acting like a farkin clown.

I'm surprised Parra didn't want him, they can't be happy with Finch at half?
It would have been good to see him stay at the Raiders though, after all the work they put in with him & the way they were playing last year + all the talent their got coming up. They could have something special in the next few years.

Eels Dude

Coach
It's a shame what Todd Carney has become. I would think his football career is over now. Maybe one day after all of this has brushed over he can at least build a successful career in another field out of the public eye. He's got some maturing to do, but it's clear he just doesn't have the mental strength required for first class football.

Eels Dude

Coach
Its a farkin shame, what a waste of talent. He will end up in the ESL or Union.

He could have been NSW's savior in the next few years, he had the potential to be as good if not better then Fitler. What a tool, he pissed away 100's of thousands of dollars, chance to play nrl & probably SOO for acting like a farkin clown.

I'm surprised Parra didn't want him, they can't be happy with Finch at half?
It would have been good to see him stay at the Raiders though, after all the work they put in with him & the way they were playing last year + all the talent their got coming up. They could have something special in the next few years.

We only re-signed Finch at the end of last year but before Carney was cut. With Tim Smith's off field dramas the club was never going to make a play for another halfback with an even worse off field record.

MacDougall

First Grade
Out of the teams chasing him only the Tigers and Penrith would need him. The Tigers have a useless accountant. So I'm gonna go with the Panthers. Either that or the Roosters will bring him in because Pearce will be asking way too much of an upgrade when his deal is up.

I really hope this year in bush footy does something for him. I can't see how it will though.

Latest posts