What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ropati out for season

One Warrior

Bench
Ropati out for rest of season with knee injury

Results of a scan today have confirmed Vodafone Warriors centre Jerome Ropati will miss the rest of the NRL season after rupturing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in yesterday’s third-round defeat by St George Illawarra at Mount Smart Stadium.

The 26-year-old NRL veteran was left clutching his left knee after making a desperate tackle on his Kiwi team-mate Jason Nightingale just before halftime.
Vodafone Warriors team doctor John Mayhew said the scan had confirmed the worst-possible outcome.
“Jerome has been reviewed by a surgeon (Stu Walsh) and will be operated on in one to two weeks, once his knee settles down,” he said.
“His recovery period will be about six months, ruling him out for the rest of the season.”
Vodafone Warriors coach Ivan Cleary said everyone at the club felt for Ropati.
“It’s devastating for Jerome. I just feel so sorry for him,” he said.
“Obviously it’s a huge disappointment for all of us at the club.”
Ropati, an 11-Test Kiwi international, was making his 130th appearance for the club yesterday. He’d been in outstanding form, named the players’ player of the day after his two-try performance in the first-round encounter with Parramatta at Eden Park on March 12.
He becomes the fourth Vodafone Warriors player in four years struck down by what were originally rated season-ending ACL injuries.
Fullback Wade McKinnon needed surgery after damaging his ACL in a trial against Newcastle in 2008. It was thought he wouldn’t play at all that season but he returned for the final few NRL games.
Centre Brent Tate wasn’t so fortunate, an ACL knee injury ending his 2009 campaign just three rounds into the season while promising utility Elijah Taylor was also sidelined long-term after injuring his knee in a training session just before the opening trial of the 2010 season. He recovered in time to play the tail-end of the Vodafone Junior Warriors’ NYC season, captaining the side in the grand final win against South Sydney.

Ropati out for rest of season with knee injury by on 28/03/2011 // http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/860/Ropati-out-for-rest-of-season-with-knee-injury

Simply put this season is turning to s**t.

Last edited:

NZ Warrior

First Grade
As everyone here knows, I am one of Jerome Ropati's BIGGEST fans. So naturally, I'm bloody gutted for the poor guy. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery, JBro.

Why couldn't this have happened to one of you Micheal Luck haters out there???

Leaguelass

Juniors
He started the season in good form too - what a shame - he must be gutted as no doubt are all Warrior fans. What's with that side of the field, first Manu now JRo - who's next???

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wow huge loss.

Inu has to tried in the centres......Moon is safe too.

All round bad news for poor Warriors fans.

Meth

Staff member
So does Brown go to centre for the rest of the season?

Inu?

Lousi?

Meth

Staff member
Elijah Taylor to be given a crack i'd say...

Yeah, could be an option.

So, we've got (covering every possible outcome);

Inu
Lousi
Taylor
Brown
Mannering

Also, Berrigan or Hohaia

Unfortunately, I don't think Lousi or Taylor are likely.

This could be our worst season yet

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Bad luck Ropo, that hurts. He started the season well in a badly performing team.

Penehe is still recovering as well isn't he?

Not sure what's happening with Louisi. Wasn't in the Vulcans for the first 2 rounds, was he there against the Sharks?

One Warrior

Bench
Mannering to left centre for me, used to play there, actually he plays a more attacking role when he is at centre, Brown to start, Ta'ai to the bench to give us some mongrel and more attack. The other centre position is more of a problem, we may have to stick with Moon for now, if Ropati had been ok I would of dropped Moon for Mannering.

armchaircritic

Juniors
Feel sorry for Ropati - our only back that has been playing well.

Not sure whether to go for: Inu/Mannering/Brown as his replacement.
Inu or Brown most likely.