What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1, 2012

Hornby4Cptn

Juniors
I received an email from the club yesterday regarding the 2012 corporate packages. Part of the package was "A Knight to Remember" - join the Dragons and support new coach Steve Price as his team travel to Newcastle to take on the Wayne Bennett coached Knights to open the 2012 season.
So there you go, Round 1 up in Tinkler town:crazy:

saints4ever

First Grade
How can this happen when the draw wasn't been finalized? The draw is waiting for the IC and that hasn't even been finalized

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
sweet..

we could open the season with a campaign of hate..

rd 1 - go to newcastle & ruin bennett's welcoming party
rd 2 - go to leichardt and make moltzen cry
rd 3 - go to melbourne break that hoodoo
rd 4 - stop in canberra and knock off that hoodoo too
rd 5 - bring the bulldogs to kogarah and let the morris boys fight it out
rd 6 - have the sharks in wollongong and let their fanbase lean on the roof (payback for the fence!)
rd 7 - play souffs anywhere and relieve the tension with a good old lol@souffs..

The Nick

Bench
sweet..

we could open the season with a campaign of hate..

rd 1 - go to newcastle & ruin bennett's welcoming party
rd 2 - go to leichardt and make moltzen cry
rd 3 - go to melbourne break that hoodoo
rd 4 - stop in canberra and knock off that hoodoo too
rd 5 - bring the bulldogs to kogarah and let the morris boys fight it out
rd 6 - have the sharks in wollongong and let their fanbase lean on the roof (payback for the fence!)
rd 7 - play souffs anywhere and relieve the tension with a good old lol@souffs..

Moltzen doesn't cry.

He bawls.

Minh

First Grade
Interesting to see how Newcastle respond to the Wayne Bennett method. More interesting to see is how we go first up 2012, I am really looking forward to it and a first up win would be nice.

Bazzi

First Grade
What a better way for Steve Price to kick-start his coaching career and give him and the team a massive confidence boost then by beating Wayne Bennett and his team at home.

redvwhite

Juniors
Super great if we win. Sucks heaps if we lose. Coach and fullbacks looking as they are and the home ground advantage certainly sways the chances away from us.

Mr Red

First Grade
i would rather give newcastle a miss round 1 to be honest... they will be massively fired up at home with the new coach.

i would rather start with gold coast or the sharks in a local derby first up.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
lets not forget, bennett and boyd lost their 1st game with their last new club..

Godz Illa

Coach
Who does Tim Moltzen have to blow to get us a home game in round 1??!? We haven't had a season kickoff at Kogarah or WIN since 2004! Re dick ulous

nrlnrl

First Grade
I received an email from the club yesterday regarding the 2012 corporate packages. Part of the package was "A Knight to Remember" - join the Dragons and support new coach Steve Price as his team travel to Newcastle to take on the Wayne Bennett coached Knights to open the 2012 season.
So there you go, Round 1 up in Tinkler town:crazy:

mentioned this in the main forum & someone replied that they'd received this :

"A Knight to Remember – Newcastle at Ausgrid Stadium
Limited places are available to join the Dragons and support new coach Steve Price as his team possibly travel to Newcastle to take on the Wayne Bennett coached Knights during the 2012 season"

Is this what you received & then slightly reworded ?

redvwhite

Juniors
I received it without the word possibly.

• A Knight to Remember – Newcastle at Ausgrid Stadium
Thursday, March 1 – Saturday, March 3, 2012
Limited places are available to join the Dragons and support new coach Steve Price as his team travel to Newcastle to take on the Wayne Bennett coached Knights to open the 2012 season.

Do you think they would schedule this match on purpose because of the coach transition or is more likely to be a coincidence?

nrlnrl

First Grade
I received it without the word possibly.

• A Knight to Remember – Newcastle at Ausgrid Stadium
Thursday, March 1 – Saturday, March 3, 2012
Limited places are available to join the Dragons and support new coach Steve Price as his team travel to Newcastle to take on the Wayne Bennett coached Knights to open the 2012 season.

Do you think they would schedule this match on purpose because of the coach transition or is more likely to be a coincidence?

It seems an ideal opener for the Knights & they might've requested it with the NRL ( as most people know, clubs can do this ) & someone at the Dragons has been told about it.

I'm not doubting you guys, but interesting that the website has it worded "possibly travel to Newcastle to take on the Wayne Bennett coached Knights during the 2012 season".

Are you both Red V members ? ( I am & didn't receive it )

Last edited:

counterpuncher

Juniors
Prefer it wasn't a "knight" game if it happened. The afternoon Test at Ausgrid in the sunshine with a full house was fantastic. This game would be a great Sunday arvo blockbuster a few rounds in.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Prefer it wasn't a "knight" game if it happened. The afternoon Test at Ausgrid in the sunshine with a full house was fantastic. This game would be a great Sunday arvo blockbuster a few rounds in.

A few rounds in would be the key here
Early round arvo games at home please with a sea breeze to cool things down

Latest posts