What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Discussion

Didgi

What have you got the Cowboys on BP? Is it number of guys who played in a team's NYC that have gone on to play FG? I did a very quick count and had about 9 for us, probably missing a few

Big Pete

Referee
Number of FGers based on NYC debut.

Eg. James Segeyaro qualifies for South Sydney as he played his first NYC game for Souths.

And yeah, I have 9 players for the Cows too.

Newcastle Knights 44 (Mann 2, Clarke, Mata'utia, Vaivai, Sims, Rouse, Shipard Tries; Smith (6/8 Goals) def. St. George Illawarra Dragons 12 (Runciman, Sultana, Green Tries; Allen (0/3 Goals).

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Korbin sims is a f**king beast. Cannot wait to see him break into first grade. Can see it happening this year.

billy2

Juniors
Defence paves the way for NYC Knights
Warrick D. Nicolson

2/03/2012 12:25:28 PM

Defence was the big talking point in the Newcastle sheds following the NYC Knights 44-12 win over the Dragons to kick-off the 2012 season.
"Defence has been an aspect of Newcastle culture," front rower Korbin Sims told www.newcastleknights.com.au after the match. "And Newcastle's obviously prided itself on defence a lot over the years and we want to live up to that."
Coach Michael Crawley echoed Sims, saying having just 12 points scored against them was a sign the hard work the team had put in over the off-season was being rewarded.
"That's been our focus all off-season, as well as in first grade, we work hard on our defence at the club and it's something we want to be known for.
"I'm very happy for the boys, they've put a lot of hard work in and we had five boys making their debut and they all acquitted themselves fairly well."
Sims admitted they had conceded a couple of soft tries late but the team had spoken about rectifying that for next week.
"We spoke about it in the huddle, but all in all our defence was pretty good and the coach was happy with it. Everyone was working for each other and that's part of our football game now and we've got a good little community in the twenties here."
But Crawley wasn't getting carried away.
"It's only round one though, we need to back it up next week (against the Sharks)."
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/...9&title=defence-paves-the-way-for-nyc-knights

Big Pete

Referee
Parramatta Eels 24 (Tuitahi, Whebe, Uikelotu, Kamoto, Tanginoa Tries; Whebe (2/5) Goals) def. Brisbane Broncos 16 (Timu, Leedy, Peeters Tries; Hegarty (2/3) Goals.

Noa

First Grade
Tough luck for the Raiders today.

Solomona, Fonua, Hampton, Harris in. Team did only arrive a short time ago though due to late plane

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Looking forward to watching Shannon Boyd for Canberra again this afternoon. What a big unit this kid is. 9-10kg heavier than Shillington. Sironen/Britt looking to get after him no doubt.

Big Pete

Referee
Good try there to Fonua.

Strong run from Harris is brought down by a strong tackle from Cronin but Hampton sums it up with a grubber behind the line and Fonua slides over the line in-front of former AFL recruit Smith.

Noa

First Grade
Good quality game so far in the wet.

From the Storms point of view I like what Zac Moimoi has done since he came on. Dean Britt looks a real talent as well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Liking what im hearing about mitch cornish's game.
just about to head to the game, would be there now for 20's if the rain wasnt so bad

Big Pete

Referee
Canberra Raiders 16 (Bradley, Smith, Lee; Cornish 2/3 Goals) def. Melbourne Storm 10 (Fonua, Solomona; McGahan 1/2 Goals)

Great performance from the Raiders.

Wighton looks ready for first grade, his work especially in defence was beyond this level of competition.

Cornish was my pick for MotM. His kicking game was amazing and had a hand in all 3 tries.

A bit disappointing from Melbourne. Didn't play to the conditions and committed some coach killing errors. Those two play the ball penalties from Powe-Hobbs were killers.

Noa

First Grade
Raiders just too enthusiastic for the Storm today. If Solomona, Hampton, Fonua and Harris are going to play QRL Cup most of the year we will struggle. Especailly with the uninspiring coaching they receive.

I detest the policy of having young halves play L&R at this level, does nothing to develop their games. I liked how the Raiders allow Wightin & Cornish to just play.

Didgi

16-4 to the Cowboys after 30 minutes, McIvor, Ulugia and Cassidy tries, Foster 2/3 goals. Hunt a goal for Titans.

Big Pete

Referee
Penrith Panthers 19 (Hollis, Jennings, Seijka Tries; Satini 3/4 Goals) def. Canterbury 12 (McCallum, Ioapo; McCallum 2/2 Goals)

shane1970

Juniors
Where can we track LIVE scores of the NYC ? used to be able to do it through the NRL webiste last year but I cant seem to see it this year

Latest posts