What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 - Knights Again

snout

First Grade
Me saying Brown could be gone after round 1, gives Buzz at least some story to run with, we know he comes in here looking for a story
Wests leagues own the Knights.

They also own half of Newcastle.
This comes from decades of success on and off the field.
They accept defeat like buzz accepts a day off the sauce.

Brown was resigned last year on an open-ended deal. Job is his as long he continues to meet KPIs.

After too many seasons on the bottom of the comp and having been given a team which is competitive l reckon one of those KPIs might involve being in a certain ladder position after maybe 6- 8 rounds.

I reckon he wouldve been reminded of this yesterday in the shed post game.

I reckon the gap between the top end of the ladder and the knights wont be allowed to get too great to claw back by about week 6.

I reckon Danny Buderus might be waiting in the wings as caretaker til a more proven coach is chosen.

I reckon West leagues didnt see yesterday as 'just a trial' and brownie didnt sleep much last night.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Will be a lot tougher at Newie in front of nearly 30k....trial results mean shit...just good for sorting a few combos and blowing the cobwebs out.

SadShark

Bench
He was wrapped as 1 of their best 2 players in the trial...I thought he looks ordinary.
Mate, we live in BoganVilla. What other NRL team has “nanna’s” as key, respected supporters? The Bronco’s nanna’s? The Storm nanna’s? The Roosters nanna’s? Doesn’t exist cause it’s a sick joke. Not with The Knights.

I could never parochially support these kaarnts (as a local) with such a gronk-arse, dumb kaaarnt culture supporter base. f**k me - they hang shit on Cronulla up here FFS.

f**ken embarrassing on a national scale. Being a knuckle-dragging bogan is a sense of pride & locally expected. See Windale, Gateshead, Hamilton South for some outstanding humans.

Ads

First Grade
Dumbest move ever with Ponga at 6 . Lucky we have them early.
Stupidly early move. Might get a few highlights a game but he’s now the most obvious target in defence. Should have stayed at fb for a few more seasons to bulk up.

Card Shark

Immortal
I actually think it will be an absolute flogging.

As a Newcastle local, I used to dread going to “Marathon” as we’d always lose.

Now, I think they are our bunnies. We will win by more than the 24 the other day.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Only 48 hours or less until our Round 1 side is announced.

Who makes your team?
1. Moylan
2. Feki
3. Morris
4. Xerri
5. Dugan
6. Johnson
7. Chad
8. Fifita
9. Brailey
10. Prior
11. Capewell
12. Bukuya
13. Gallen

14. Segeyaro*
15. Nikora
16. Woods
17. Williams

Asterisk next to Segs in case he does indeed get forced out, if so I’d bring in Kyle off the bench.

bluefox68

Staff member
Only 48 hours or less until our Round 1 side is announced.

Who makes your team?
MY team?

1. Moylan
2. Katoa
3. Xerri
4. Morris
5. Dugan
6. Johnson
7. Townsend
8. Prior
9. J. Brailey
10. Fifita
11. Nikora
12. Bukuya
13. Gallen

14. B. Brailey
15. Woods
16. Williams
17. The JDB lookalike, cos I don’t think Capewell is a first-grader

roboshark

Coach
I actually think it will be an absolute flogging.

As a Newcastle local, I used to dread going to “Marathon” as we’d always lose.

Now, I think they are our bunnies. We will win by more than the 24 the other day.
I think we will win too but don't underestimate the power of the big crowd they will have