What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Match Review

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
St. Patrick’s Day 2007 was certainly a day that the Newtown Jets played like a team of leprechaun's.

Copious amounts of VB was needed in order to sustain the mediocre Premier League match against St George-Illawarra, the Jets through the luck of the Irish grabbed a last-minute 32-all draw after having trailed the Dragons 22-0 in the first half.

In what can only be described as a stirring half time announcement, the ground announcer interviewed Marrickville MP and NSW Education Minister Carmel Tebbutt, stating the fact that all true red blooded male Newtown supporters should give her there vote as she is a good sort. then came the announcement to the very receptive crowd that the Iemma Labor Government would be making a $250,000 grant toward the resurfacing of Henson Park.

On the Rugby League field, Newtown looked and played like typical Irish men for most of a dismal first half in which the Dragons had the greater share of possession and more momentum.
St George punished Newtown’s fragile defence, poor game plan and lack of ball control by running up 22 un-answered points with in the first 30 minutes of play, the Jets struck back with two late converted tries and went to the break trailing by 22-12.

The Dragons started the second half in similar fashion to that of there first half performance and regained control of the match when they added another converted try early in the second half. lack of support to up and comer Shaun Foley by Newtowns prized signing, winger Aaron Lai was a low point in a pretty ordinary display.
As time looked to be running out for Newtown, not even a 40/20 by five-eighth Jamie Soward had the desired effect as Newtown once again fumbled possession.

Newtown’s second half performance improved slightly and the luck of the irish eventually paid off when they posted converted tries in the 20th, 25th and 29th minutes, taking the lead for the first time in the match with barely ten minutes of play remaining.
The Dragons regained the lead five minutes from full-time when the Jets failed to nullify a St George midfield chip and chase effort, once again from poor support play.

Roosters discard, five-eighth Soward and fullback Shaun Foley turned on a clever set move that brought play well into the Dragons territory.
poor disipline from St George incurred a last minute penalty from which Soward slotted over Irishthe penalty goal tdisciplineo tie the scores up at 32-all.

well their is my match review, I have given as i said I would, before you take aim remember, post your report first

"written and spoken by the cursed jet for the cursed jet of the Newtown perfect forum world"

bluebag43

Juniors
Wow you plagiarised the match report of the guy you have been bagging.

Your highlight was the reference to the "not so very funny ground announcer" calling the MP a good sort.

Excellent review, I take my hat off to you. Unfortunately the climax in your life is a review of a football match on a web forum, well done.

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
Excellent review, I take my hat off to you. Unfortunately the climax in your life is a review of a football match on a web forum, well done.
well there you go P/T, you failed at your first attempt, yet again (don't you ever get sick of coming second in a two horse field) if you understood my final statement,(well their is my match review, I have given as i said I would, before you take aim remember, post your report first)

so where is yours P/T ?????

keep trying Die-Hard permanently/traumatised jet fan,
people in glass houses should not throw stones....

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Die-Hard p/t Jet Fan said:
well there you go P/T, you failed at your first attempt, yet again (don't you ever get sick of coming second in a two horse field) if you understood my final statement,(well their is my match review, I have given as i said I would, before you take aim remember, post your report first)
so where is yours P/T ?????

keep trying Die-Hard permanently/traumatised jet fan,
people in glass houses should not throw stones....

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
bluebag43 said:
Wow you plagiarised the match report of the guy you have been bagging.

Your highlight was the reference to the "not so very funny ground announcer" calling the MP a good sort.
well their is my match review, I have given as i said I would, before you take aim remember, post your report first
43, you failed to post, yet you took aim!!!!
is what I say to difficult for your simple mind to digest?

please say what you wheelie think from now on, stand tall and be a man not a mouse.

Newtown Jets fan said:
Do you have a very small penis Cursed Jet?

:lol::lol::lol:

Reckon you must be hung like a wasp, going on the way that you carry on this forum. Or maybe it's just that you suffer from "little man syndrome"?

Bluebag

Juniors
enough of the crude posts thank you, not called for at all.just a friendly warning. so please remove or I will.

koslecki

Juniors
there goes bluebag throwing his moderator weight around. Leave them alone bluebag, it makes the forum interesting for a change!

THECURSEDJET

Juniors
Hey Henson park netballer the skirt wearing, pom pom waving cross dresser strikes again, the funny thing with you, you netballing Nancy boy, you fail to post your own thoughts, you jump on the skirt tails of your fellow forum fans,

DO ME AND THE MANY OTHERS WHO READ THE FORUM AND COME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL

I thought the pink would take your fancy

2 True Blues

Coach
Bluebag said:
enough of the crude posts thank you, not called for at all.just a friendly warning. so please remove or I will.

Quivering with fear after that statement BB. Bet they are really worried. Do you want to scab a smoke again mate !!!!:lol:

2 True Blues

Coach
koslecki said:
there goes bluebag throwing his moderator weight around. Leave them alone bluebag, it makes the forum interesting for a change!

For te VERY first time as well KOS. !!!:lol: :lol:

Latest posts