What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 odds

Caged Panther

First Grade
skeepe said:
No you won't. I don't predict the Sharks to do much this year, but they have a far superior team to Penrith.

even given my biased I think that's a very debateable statement.

Penrith look good for that price I'm expecting a fairly tight game against the sharks.

mxlegend99

Referee
yobbo84 said:
Panthers into the Dragons into Souths. That'd do nicely me thinks.
f**king word.

Dragons are the best value by far. I think it will be a very close game, and Dragons will walk away with a win.

Panthers should just get home against the Sharks, we have it over them in the backs. Jennings will possibly play, and Pritchard.

Raiders are good value also at $4.50 to win IMO. Unlikely against the far better team, but at $4.50, it's worth the gamble.

$10 on each for me i think.

Hoggy

Bench
joel caine number 1 fan said:
tigers are a good bet we are usually very good 1st game and we havent lost on the day/weekend of my birthday :p

Yeh but it's my birthday the next day, Storm will smash the Tigers. :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cowboys are damn good value as Brisbane always struggle week 1 and this year I can't see how it will be different. Panthers are good value as well especially if Dykes/Kimmorley are the halves for Cronulla!

mongoose

Coach
Lot of pressure on manly to beat the raging spoon favourites canberra. If manly dont win they may aswell write the whole season off. Really, If they don't win by more than 13, well.... its going to be a long year for manly fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
love us or hate us $4-50 head to head is a great price to get on in a two horse race, particually when round 1 often throws up some surprises.

ill be on the raiders 1-12, should be paying about 5 bucks

mxlegend99

Referee
lockyno1 said:
Cowboys are damn good value as Brisbane always struggle week 1 and this year I can't see how it will be different. Panthers are good value as well especially if Dykes/Kimmorley are the halves for Cronulla!
Dude, Broncos had a great off-season with exception of losing the Pommy Match and that Storm trial.

IMO, they're in better shape then usual for Round 1. Should be hungry for a win after 2 dissapointing matches (the Trial was without Lockyer and a few others though).

Raider_69 said:
love us or hate us $4-50 head to head is a great price to get on in a two horse race, particually when round 1 often throws up some surprises.
Word. I always throw a few bucks on teams paying odds like that. Upsets happen pretty often in this sport to warrant it.

Canard

Immortal

Im guessing Brisbane's record in Round 1 is pretty awesome, especially cause they used to play it in Townsville against the Cowboys quite a lot, and they never lost one of those games (believe me I was there!!).

I think you would find in their 20 or so seasons, they have lost only about 2 or 3 times in Round 1.

Whereas other than last year I think you would find the Cowboys have only won about 2 times in 10 years or so.

Hell, the Dragons lose Gasnier and we become underdogs just like that.

After the last three or four seasons why would anyone pick the Dragons in the first 6 rounds?? After that though I would pick them for every game afterwards.

smeghead

Bench
I will throw a $20 each on the Tigers, Raiders, Warriors, Dragqueens and Cows. What the hell. Throw the dice get the season rolling along or just have a weekend in Mexico drowning the sorrows. Either way I am good

Raider_69

Post Whore
thats the ticket smeg
ill be having a flutter on canberra, the cowboys, warriors and penrith
penrith will go ordinary this year but not nearly as bad as i think the sharks will

simon says

First Grade
skeepe said:
No you won't. I don't predict the Sharks to do much this year, but they have a far superior team to Penrith.

I dont see how Cronulla's team is far superior to Penrith's.

If anything its the other way around.

mxlegend99

Referee
Canard said:
How good is it to not see the words BYE in the first round also.
Agreed.

A team having their bye week 1 would suck for their supporters. :lol: Sure it's 2 points, but the poor bastards have to wait a week longer to watch their team play.

Latest posts