What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 team announced

Mark D

Juniors
No real surprises here folks.... Luc on the bench and probably only due to the hard work he apparently put in over the off season as his trial form was poor... Glad to see Josh Kerr elevated to reserve status...

Duf
Jason
Lafai
Aitken
Nene
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughn
Tyson
Sims
JDB

Luc
Lesson
Sele
Mann

No real surprises here folks.... Luc on the bench and probably only due to the hard work he apparently put in over the off season as his trial form was poor... Glad to see Josh Kerr elevated to reserve status...

Duf
Jason
Lafai
Aitken
Nene
Widdop
Hunt
Graham
McInnes
Vaughn
Tyson
Sims
JDB

Luc
Lesson
Sele
Mann
Strong side!

Crush

Coach
@goggles Mann selected at 17 and Milne selected at 21. Still waiting for these 2 lads to become household names as you suggested! :)

goggles

Juniors
@goggles Mann selected at 17 and Milne selected at 21. Still waiting for these 2 lads to become household names as you suggested! :)

Crush, it was strange timing to bring this up, especially considering the competition hadn't even kicked off when you posted! I've already responded in length when you previously questioned me, so I'm not sure what your point is here?
For what it's worth, I thought Mann played very well in the trials and in the limited time he got against the Donkeys. No surprise for me there... I also think it's a pity that Mary gives him such limited time; but again, no surprises for me there...
Yes, I believe both Mann and Milne have the talent to have long and successful first grade careers - and become household names. It's just an opinion and time will ultimately tell for both, but do you think you are proving me wrong by quoting team lists from game one?
By the way, I've noticed you seem to be wavering a bit of late in your support for Mary. It appears as though youv'e lost some of the "extreme" optimism and enthusiasm you've been so enthusiastically expressing. Tell me it isn't so!!!

Drag Queen

Bench
Crush, it was strange timing to bring this up, especially considering the competition hadn't even kicked off when you posted! I've already responded in length when you previously questioned me, so I'm not sure what your point is here?
For what it's worth, I thought Mann played very well in the trials and in the limited time he got against the Donkeys. No surprise for me there... I also think it's a pity that Mary gives him such limited time; but again, no surprises for me there...
Yes, I believe both Mann and Milne have the talent to have long and successful first grade careers - and become household names. It's just an opinion and time will ultimately tell for both, but do you think you are proving me wrong by quoting team lists from game one?
By the way, I've noticed you seem to be wavering a bit of late in your support for Mary. It appears as though youv'e lost some of the "extreme" optimism and enthusiasm you've been so enthusiastically expressing. Tell me it isn't so!!!

Drag Queen

Bench
I have high hopes for Milne under Cleary tbh. Mann definitely has the goods but is not being given a fair go as per usual. I'm not even sure centre is his best position but I'd punt Lafai for a full game to see how he goes. Prefer him in a wing or fb spot but that won't happen.

Crush

Coach
Goggles, I apologise for the post. Its a bit shit to have a go at people about what they said once upon a time.
Anyway, I am still optimistic, nothing has changed there.
I think we can have a big year even with a below average coach.
My main frustration comes from the lack of competition for spots. If any of our 2-5 are playing poorly they should be hooked and sent back to reserves.
They need to lift if we are to be a true force.

Crush

Coach
I have high hopes for Milne under Cleary tbh. Mann definitely has the goods but is not being given a fair go as per usual. I'm not even sure centre is his best position but I'd punt Lafai for a full game to see how he goes. Prefer him in a wing or fb spot but that won't happen.
Milne isn't making the NRL though Drag? Its hard to be successful if you aren't playing....

Old Timer

Coach
Goggles
I just listened to Kayln Ponga (a really nice young fellow) being interviewed on the ABC after what you would have to say was a great 1st game for the Knights.
Interesting to hear what he had to say, in that he has licence and confidence to organise the defensive line and obviously as the FB he has a major role to play in that.
Also in watching him last night he was so confident and looked perfectly at home (paid credit to Mick Potter and also the Cowboys) so why is that Ponga and so many other youngsters at other clubs have such great introductions to 1st grade, whereas with our juniors it is always a long gestation period, always with some trepidation and the usual caveats i.e. they are young, we have to go slow with them, they need time etc etc etc.
Our pathway for the kids IMO is appalling and we just don't seem to be able to get them into 1st grade and keep them there and the signing of Latimore is testimony to that.
Ponga is going to be a superstar very quickly because he has already been embraced by the coach and squad and he is being allowed to develop naturally where Dufty and others at our club will be on "L" plates forever and their ability dumbed down due to our coaches.
Absolute chalk and cheese as to what others do with juniors compared to us and interestingly I see many posters now bagging some of the kids for a poor showing against Mounties in ISP.
Mc Gregor and Head what hope do our developing players really have?

goggles

Juniors
Goggles, I apologise for the post. Its a bit shit to have a go at people about what they said once upon a time.
Anyway, I am still optimistic, nothing has changed there.
I think we can have a big year even with a below average coach.
My main frustration comes from the lack of competition for spots. If any of our 2-5 are playing poorly they should be hooked and sent back to reserves.
They need to lift if we are to be a true force.

There is nothing to apologise for Crush! I have no problem being held to account for what I say. It was the actual timing of when you chose to hold me to account that I thought was strange.
I remember you also accused me of hanging onto quotes, which is something that you have become quite adept at yourself...

goggles

Juniors
Goggles
I just listened to Kayln Ponga (a really nice young fellow) being interviewed on the ABC after what you would have to say was a great 1st game for the Knights.
Interesting to hear what he had to say, in that he has licence and confidence to organise the defensive line and obviously as the FB he has a major role to play in that.
Also in watching him last night he was so confident and looked perfectly at home (paid credit to Mick Potter and also the Cowboys) so why is that Ponga and so many other youngsters at other clubs have such great introductions to 1st grade, whereas with our juniors it is always a long gestation period, always with some trepidation and the usual caveats i.e. they are young, we have to go slow with them, they need time etc etc etc.
Our pathway for the kids IMO is appalling and we just don't seem to be able to get them into 1st grade and keep them there and the signing of Latimore is testimony to that.
Ponga is going to be a superstar very quickly because he has already been embraced by the coach and squad and he is being allowed to develop naturally where Dufty and others at our club will be on "L" plates forever and their ability dumbed down due to our coaches.
Absolute chalk and cheese as to what others do with juniors compared to us and interestingly I see many posters now bagging some of the kids for a poor showing against Mounties in ISP.

I hope I'm wrong OT, but if history tells us anything... the answer is 'not much'.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Goggles
I recall Price saying something along the lines that you have to have to blood youngsters slowly or give them time or something like that, He may have even used the words softly softly approach. I think he may have even been referring to DeBelin at the time. I didn't like what I heard then and obviously did not agree with it. What you are saying has basically been a continuation of what Price was saying. I wonder if this is what Bennett had said to him? Maybe that is why our club has been hesitant to blood youngsters? The only 2 youngsters I recall Bennett blooding were Kyle Stanley, who spend so much time on the bench and was brought on to play out of position and Merrin who was coming off the bench.

Last edited:

Latest posts