What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Bulldogs (Gosford) thread

Didgi

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v North Queensland Cowboys
Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford NSW
Saturday 9 March 2013, kickoff 7:30pm
Live TV: FOX Sports 1

Referees: Jason Robinson and Gavin Morris; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Adam Reid; Video Referees: Paul Simpkins and Luke Patten

Bulldogs: 1. Steve Turner 2. Drury Low 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Sam Perrett 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Kris Keating 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (c) 10. Martin Taupau 11. Tony Williams 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Eastwood
Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 15. Dale Finucane 16. Tim Browne 17. David Klemmer 19. Mitch Brown

Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Ray Thompson 8. Matt Scott (c) 9. Scott Moore 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Ashton Sims 16. Tariq Sims 17. Jason Taumalolo 18. Scott Bolton 19. Robert Lui

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=23530

I've mentioned it already elsewhere, but really I'd rather have Lui starting and Mitchell at 14, but I'll have faith that Henry's gameplan will do the job and Kostjasyn can reproduce his trial form when he inevitably comes on in the halves, either for Ray or switching him to hooker. Perhaps even a ball-playing lock role, will be interesting.

Lui for all his sins will do more towards us winning than Thompson, IMO.

Overall I'll back us by a few, not too confident though. How good is it to have footy back?!

BDR

First Grade
I think we'll win, and if we're really up for it could win big. That dogs side doesn't look particularly strong. That said it's difficult to account for rustiness, anything could happen.

I have $20 on us 13+ at the TAB.

cas1

Juniors
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v North Queensland Cowboys
Bluetongue Central Coast Stadium, Gosford NSW
Saturday 9 March 2013, kickoff 7:30pm
Live TV: FOX Sports 1

Referees: Jason Robinson and Gavin Morris; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Adam Reid; Video Referees: Paul Simpkins and Luke Patten

Bulldogs: 1. Steve Turner 2. Drury Low 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Sam Perrett 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Kris Keating 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (c) 10. Martin Taupau 11. Tony Williams 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Eastwood
Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 15. Dale Finucane 16. Tim Browne 17. David Klemmer 19. Mitch Brown

Cowboys: 1. Matthew Bowen 2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein 6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Ray Thompson 8. Matt Scott (c) 9. Scott Moore 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Ashton Sims 16. Tariq Sims 17. Jason Taumalolo 18. Scott Bolton 19. Robert Lui

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=23530

I've mentioned it already elsewhere, but really I'd rather have Lui starting and Mitchell at 14, but I'll have faith that Henry's gameplan will do the job and Kostjasyn can reproduce his trial form when he inevitably comes on in the halves, either for Ray or switching him to hooker. Perhaps even a ball-playing lock role, will be interesting.

Lui for all his sins will do more towards us winning than Thompson, IMO.

Overall I'll back us by a few, not too confident though. How good is it to have footy back?!
Watch out for Scot Moore keep him focussed on R.L and he will a good signing for you,Our coach at Castleford Tigers Ian Millward who does predictions for sporting life thinks the Cowboys will be fighting for top spot this season,will be watching with interest this coming weekend on premier sports.

Didgi

I think Moore, Thurston and Bowen are all too professional to have not worked their combinations down to the smallest detail. As you say though, anything can happen. I just fear that we see a repeat of the Titans game, that was rustiness personified.

Yep, keeping him out of trouble may be an issue but hopefully being in Townsville he doesn't feel those pressures as much.

BDR

First Grade
You mean Moore? I've got him in there, value is almost guaranteed to go up IMO. I imagine he will be playing ~65 minutes, maybe even more depending on who is on the bench.

Talanexor

Juniors
Watch out for Scot Moore keep him focussed on R.L and he will a good signing for you,Our coach at Castleford Tigers Ian Millward who does predictions for sporting life thinks the Cowboys will be fighting for top spot this season,will be watching with interest this coming weekend on premier sports.

Tough times ahead for Castleford then. Ian Millward is a rubbish coach.

Big Pete

Referee
Don't think the Cows could have played the Dogs at a better time. The lack of Barba should really blunt the Dogs attack and you'd imagine that JT & Bowen will just make too big a difference.

Very interested to see how Moore, Taumalolo & Tariq go.

cas1

Juniors
Tough times ahead for Castleford then. Ian Millward is a rubbish coach.

Agree with for last season but he struggled with the death of his son but the team now have some of his signings and are performing a lot better and he has not had a lot of money to spend but one singing he made was Justin Carney and he his starting to make a name for himself(now known as the beast)

Didgi

Yeah Cas will go ok, still going to be carried by Rangi Chase but with some decent outside backs in the likes of Shenton and Carney he will actually have someone to work with.

Anyway, back on topic. Really looking forward to this game, we'll still have to play well but at this stage I'm thinking we have an edge on the Dogs.

BDR

First Grade
Good first up win, forwards were dominant, JT had it on a string and outside backs were clinical when chances came their way.

Already two points better off than this time last year :sarcasm:

A bit rusty but a good game to blow the cobwebs out.
The play went from end to end & our on line defence was excellent.
The 2 tries the dogs scored were from lucky deflections from our players .
Very happy with the effort.

Didgi

As I said in my report, a huge positive from the game for me came in the defence shown by our outside backs. Tate was immense as always, Linnet pulled off two try-savers on Tony Williams, and even Graham and Winterstein were solid.

I have to admit a little bit of faith was lost after those two quick tries, but after that the whole team lifted and JT was untouchable.

Latest posts