What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Parramatta

V

Vasilevsky

First round team I'd like to see. Of course depending on trial form but as of right now:
1. Dugan
2. Carr/YKG/Milne
3. Aitken
4. Matautai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Benji
8. Au Mau
9. Rein (but I hope Robbie Farah)
10.Cooper
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. JDB

14. Packer
15. Matthews
16. Creagh
17. Marketo/McCarthy (one of these to give Rein a 20min rest though hopefully Havili can do the same as Au Mau, get away from the Warriors and become a good player.)

Considering the reduced interchange that is a great pack. Aitken and Matautai had better be more than just solid or Mann had better show much more than he did at Melbourne and one of those potential new wingers had better be really good. In that case, I have tremendously high hopes for next year. Robbie Farah would be an incredibly good acquisition.

Our squad depth actually looks really balanced now.

Full Backs: Dugan/Mann
Wingers:Nightingale,Faia Fai Loa, Glymin,Carr
Centres: Aitken, Mata’utia, Milne, Dugan,
Halves: Widdop, Marshall, Mann, Hutchison
Hookers: Rein, Havili,
Forwards: Mosoe, Packer, Ah Mah, Frizzell, Lui, Ikahihifo, Cooper, Creagh,De Belin, Cooper, Creagh, Thompson

Mulholland has added much needed size and power to the forward pack.

The key to our success next year will be better go forward with more time for the halves to create opportunities.

Milne may be a smokey for a Centre or Wing spot. I already 99 kg and provides "speed and more speed" to the back line.

Am very interested to see how the all the new forwards go, they may take the team to the next level.

hazzbeen

Bench
Our squad depth actually looks really balanced now.

Full Backs: Dugan/Mann
Wingers:Nightingale,Faia Fai Loa, Glymin,Carr
Centres: Aitken, Mata?utia, Milne, Dugan,
Halves: Widdop, Marshall, Mann, Hutchison
Hookers: Rein, Havili,
Forwards: Mosoe, Packer, Ah Mah, Frizzell, Lui, Ikahihifo, Cooper, Creagh,De Belin, Cooper, Creagh, Thompson

Mulholland has added much needed size and power to the forward pack.

The key to our success next year will be better go forward with more time for the halves to create opportunities.

Milne may be a smokey for a Centre or Wing spot. I already 99 kg and provides "speed and more speed" to the back line.

Am very interested to see how the all the new forwards go, they may take the team to the next level.
I hope your right, more time for the halves to create opportunities.. We spent a lot of time in the opposition quarter and we struggled to score points...I Just hope your right that they sort out the attack, but like you say a bigger pack we might be able to create more....

grandorient

Bench
Vas, I would leave out Marketo/McCarthy and Mathews and bring in Havilli Mose.

Also possibly Mann for Aitken

GO

Mr Red

First Grade
The club needs a plausible period of time to pass so they can pretend to have undertaken a worldwide search before appointing the dude sitting at the desk next to Mulholland.

only after another internal review..

The Nick

Bench
The club needs a plausible period of time to pass so they can pretend to have undertaken a worldwide search before appointing the dude sitting at the desk next to Mulholland.

Hahaha that actually made me laugh. Well done.

V

Vasilevsky

Vas, I would leave out Marketo/McCarthy and Mathews and bring in Havilli Mose.

Also possibly Mann for Aitken

GO

Ok. Based on what I have seen of Mann for Melbourne and Havili for the Warriors, both had better dramatically improve if they want to be in first grade. Can't remember about Mose well but Roosters and Penrith didn't want him. From what I remember he is pretty good for about 10min a game. He won't be able to get away with it with the reduced interchange and Matthews was really good before being injured last year.

The Nick

Bench
Yes, very funny.

Unfortunately, it's also very true!

Straight Shooter

Hey moron, grouch has made you redundant. He shares your views, however he's able to provide some background to them and is also quite witty, unlike you who is just butthurt by McGregor and co. pushing your mate Jack Bird out the door when he didn't want to leave. Sorry pal but he wouldn't have cracked the starting 13 anyway.

Now go for another lap in your fishbowl and we'll see you back here soon to repeat the same dumb comments.

Straight Shooter

BennyV

Referee
Ok. Well it seems not many people remember how good Matthews was last year before being injured.

I agree that Matthews was on fire last year pre-injury, but its about the balance of the bench, realistically you want 2 props on the bench to make a 4 prop rotation, so assuming you start with Ah Mau and Cooper/Packer, then Cooper/Packer and Masoe will be on the bench (and BTW, Mose wasn't unwanted by Roosters or Penrith - Panthers poached him fron the Chooks and didn't necessarily want him to leave, but he was offered big money overseas. They originally had a clause in place that if he were to come back during his contract, he would be required to return to Penrith, but I believe that expired this year. He will definitely play first and will be a good impact player for us).
Then you'd want a backrower who can play middle or edge if neededm this COULD be Matthews but it will be Creagh (and rightfully so).
Then you'd want a utility to cover hooker. This SHOULD be Havili, especially if we dont sign Farah.

Unfortunately in our strongest 17, there's no room for Mr Matthews. He will definitely be among the first called up to cover injury or lack of form.

hewi

Bench
I agree that Matthews was on fire last year pre-injury, but its about the balance of the bench, realistically you want 2 props on the bench to make a 4 prop rotation, so assuming you start with Ah Mau and Cooper/Packer, then Cooper/Packer and Masoe will be on the bench (and BTW, Mose wasn't unwanted by Roosters or Penrith - Panthers poached him fron the Chooks and didn't necessarily want him to leave, but he was offered big money overseas. They originally had a clause in place that if he were to come back during his contract, he would be required to return to Penrith, but I believe that expired this year. He will definitely play first and will be a good impact player for us).
Then you'd want a backrower who can play middle or edge if neededm this COULD be Matthews but it will be Creagh (and rightfully so).
Then you'd want a utility to cover hooker. This SHOULD be Havili, especially if we dont sign Farah.

Unfortunately in our strongest 17, there's no room for Mr Matthews. He will definitely be among the first called up to cover injury or lack of form.

Agree with all above good post. I think you will find they will rotate 6/7 back rowers around. IMO they will be expected to play near 80 minutes each week each so with good replacements they can have a week off here or there to recharge the bodies.

Latest posts