What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Who Wins and Why?

SOULS 04

Juniors
Ok round 1 doesnt generally mean much but its always good to get a win first up and in this comp it could be this win that gets you into the semis.

here are my thoughts.

Tigers Vs Dragons
My Tip: Tigers by 10
I think the fast little men will be the difference in this game. and the best of the bunch benji will be back... i know he hasnt played for a while but i expect he'll have a big one his first game back.

Knights Vs Eels
My Tip: Knights by 4
Johns will do it all and everyone will rave about it... still i think this one will be a close one and could go either way so johns and a big newcastle home crowd will get the knights home.

Bulldogs Vs Panthers
My Tip: Bulldogs by 16
Panthers have had a interupted pre season with lang getting the boot from next year. dogs will win and win well. i have a feeling that holdsworth and sherwin will go very well and when sbw comes back the dogs may become the team to beat again.

Sea Eagles Vs Raiders
My Tip: Sea Eagles by 12 :(
really dont like making this tip but i rate the halves combo of orford and monas... the raiders can win this one but they will have to be on for 80 minutes. and not turn off in the second half like they have been doing all the time of recent.

Warriors Vs Storm
My Tip: Warriors by 8
the warriors will come out with something to prove and will only be one game behind the losers of the first round. watch for big games from wiki and price. especially wiki... he has been put under the spotlight plenty and he'll play with plenty of heart.

Broncos Vs Cowboys
My tip: Cowboys by 2
this will be a top game from. cowboys have a habit of lifting for the broncs now and will get the game in a very tight one... could definatley go the other way though.

Rabbitohs Vs Roosters
My Tip: Roosters by 18
Rabbits finally beat the roosters last year but they wont be doing it again in round 1. Roosters to start slow and come on strong and win by plenty.

lotti

Bench
and don't forget the fact that the Raiders game is at BROOKVALE, I'm sure Manly will not only want to kick off their 60th year with a win but welcome Orford home to Brookvale in style.

effnic

Bench
lotti wtf you go for the cowboys now. Seriously pick a ****ing team already.
My pics:
Saints by 20
Knights by 10
Panthers by 4
Eagles by 30
Warriors by 8
Cowboys by 1
Roosters by 40

Robster

Bench
Dragons by 14
Knights by 6
Panthers by 4
Canberra by 8
Warriors by 4
Cowboys by 8
Rabbitohs by 2

effnic said:
lotti wtf you go for the cowboys now. Seriously pick a ****ing team already.
My pics:
Saints by 20
Knights by 10
Panthers by 4
Eagles by 30
Warriors by 8
Cowboys by 1
Roosters by 40

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Eagles by 20

Hurriflatch

Referee
These tips could change a lot once the teams are actually named but for now
Tigers by 6 - VEry close game but Tigers to just get home in the end
Eels by 12 - Do I really need to explain why?
Panthers by 8 - Dogs have lost too much in the off season and with SBW out injured no chance
Sea Eagles by 6 - Not sure about MAnly this year but the Raiders have nothing
Warriors by 8 - Warriors desprate to start the season well with all the dramas
Cowboys by 10 - The Cowboys are better :lol:
Roosters by 6 - Souths start the season well but they don't have enough to win this one

wittyfan

Referee
Dragons by 16
Knights by 10
Panthers by 4
Raiders by 8
Storm by 6
Broncos by 4
Roosters by 24

Storm by 10..Warriors will come out firing and then tire after 20mins. Storm will run over them in second half.

Smartman

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
These tips could change a lot once the teams are actually named but for now
Panthers by 8 - Dogs have lost too much in the off season and with SBW out injured no chance

They've lost too much? You mean playing personell?

Haha Braith Anasta, pull the other one. Hes not a 5/8th and now we got a real natural position player we will do alot better. Jammal Lolesi was always a backup centre.

In essence we have gained during the offseason with all the injured players back.

Mr Saab

Referee
SOULS 04 said:
Broncos Vs Cowboys
My tip: Cowboys by 2
this will be a top game from. cowboys have a habit of lifting for the broncs now and will get the game in a very tight one... could definatley go the other way though.

cowboys have a habit of lifting? The broncos took care of them twice last yr. Played the best game of their yr vs them up at nth qld with a win from behind.

Raider Azz

Bench
i think the raiders will come out fired up, traditionally we start the year strong and i think manly will underestimate us.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider_Azz said:
i think the raiders will come out fired up, traditionally we start the year strong and i think manly will underestimate us.

agreed, manly will take some time to get their combinations working too
raiders by 10 :)

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Tigers by 2
Knights by 14
Bulldogs by 7
Eagles by 22
Warriors by 8
Broncos by 13
Roosters by 10

Jono078

Referee
There was actually a thread similar to this.. It had my tips in there, except the search function couldnt pick it up :(.

Whoosh

Juniors
Saints by 8 - Tigers will find that backing up will continue to be tough
Knights by 6 - Knights to embark on a journey to the finals
Bulldogs by 12 - The Panthers are going to have a very loooong season
Sea Eagles by 8 - I just don't think the Raiders have enough. Although Jason Smith can be hot on his day
Storm by 14 - Storm will play for 80 mins. Warriors will stop after 60.
Broncos by 2 - I think the Broncos still have Nth Qld's measure
Roosters by 16 - They've bought well, although I'd love to see the Bunnies get this one, just for their favourite junior, Braith.

Alba

Coach
SOULS 04 said:
Rabbitohs Vs Roosters
My Tip: Roosters by 18
Rabbits finally beat the roosters last year but they wont be doing it again in round 1. Roosters to start slow and come on strong and win by plenty.

as much as i hate to admit it, i agree :( i had confidence that we could atleast make it a close game even if we lost until we got injuries before the season even began :(

Paullyboy

Coach
Saints by 8 - Dragons have just too much class, Tigers will be shown up here now that the adrenalin of finals football has passed

Knights by 14 - I really think they are going to be one of the toughest side's to play, especially in the first few rounds

Bulldogs by 20 - Penrith will take the spoon, I think Holdsworth will be good too

Raiders by 4 - Canberra start well, and from memory tend to play pretty well against Manly

Warriors by 10 - I think this will be a really high scoring game, something in the vicinity of 36-26. Warriors will hold on though.

Broncos by 14 - I really want the Cowbies to win, but they just cant do it in Brisbane. Particularly early in the year. If it was in August on the other hand the Broncos would be the easiest win in the competition.

Roosters by 12 - I dont rate the Roosters, but I think they'll really dish it up to the bunnies. I dont think either of these teams will make the 8 and it will be a pretty nothing sort of match.

Juniors
1 thing i'll assure you fella's of, melbourne by plenty, if we lose you boys can roast me til the cows come home...