What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Who Wins and Why?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Tigers v Dragons - Tigers by 4. Dragons will start the season slower than a turtle with haemorrhoids. The Tigers will be bouncing all over the top of them.

Knights v Eels - Eels by 8. The Eels look strong on paper but form says they are not quite firing on 6 cylinders yet. Expect them to put some big scores on later in the season and then end when it counts in the finals like cheap Japanese engine.

Bulldogs v Panthers - Bulldogs by 10. The Panthers will struggle to contain the dogs, but I expect ball handling may bite both teams and keep the scoreline respectable.

Sea Eagles v Raiders - Sea Eagle by 20+. Not much to say here. I expect the Sea Eagles to put the Raiders side away like a freight train on an stunned kangaroo. Ball handling again is the only thing that can really keep the scoreline respectable. The Sea Eagles should be first off many to feed off the carcass of the Raiders.

Warriors v Storm - Storm by 6. Tough match first up away from home for the storm and really this could go either way. The Warriors will be hoping to get some points back quickly on the field but I think they might get shocked by the storms speed and power. My tip could change on this depending on the ref and the weather. Oddly enough if it's wet it might a bit slow for the storm.

Cowboys v Broncos - Cowboys by 16. Expecting another big season from the cows. I think the cows have the broncos Lassoed all over the park here except 5/8. If Bennett goes with Hunt at halfback this could get really ugly for the uncos. Hunt may find himself wishing he was on the way to the glue factory by the end of the night. At least a pass might stick for him then.

Roosters v Rabbitohs - Rooster by 12. Run rabbit run. Run, run, run. Roosters too well seasoned on this occassion.

Mr Saab

Referee
newcastle at 1.80 over parramatta is the lock of the yr.
1st game...up there...30k or so people...parra usually suck 1st game of the yr...they will have a hangover from the 29-0 loss to the cowboys.
Johns willl carve them up. He is just tooo good

AzzA84

Juniors
Tigers v Dragons - Dragons by 16.

Knights v Eels - Knights by 18.

Bulldogs v Panthers - Bulldogs by 22.

Sea Eagles v Raiders - Sea Eagles by 8

Warriors v Storm - Storm by 20

Cowboys v Broncos - Cowboys by 12.

Roosters v Rabbitohs - Rooster by 20.

Tigers v Dragons - Dragons by 12

Knights v Eels - Knights by 6

Bulldogs v Panthers - Bulldogs by 18

Sea Eagles v Raiders - Sea Eagles by 20

Warriors v Storm - Storm by 22

Cowboys v Broncos - Broncos by 12

Roosters v Rabbitohs - Roosters by 16.

slamminsam246

Juniors
Tigers v Dragons - Saints by 16

Knights v Eels - Knights by 7/8

Bulldogs v Panthers - Bulldogs by 8

Sea Eagles v Raiders - Sea Eagles by 20+

Warriors v Storm - Storm by 10

Cowboys v Broncos - Broncos by 2

Roosters v Rabbitohs - Rabbitohs by 8

REASONS
*Tigers are out of form
*Joey to show Tim Smith how the pros perform
*Bulldogs home ground
*Eagles 60th year and Orford to show his worth
*Cameron Smith to stand up and take the game
*Close but Broncs too good for Cowboys...unfortunately
*Rabbitohs will throw everything at the Anasta-stealers - #1 upset of the Round

lotti

Bench
wow most people are tipping Melbourne to be savouring their first win of the season this time next week.

ledzep

Bench
Dragons 13+
Knights 13+
Bulldogs 1-12
Raiders 1-12
Storm 1-12
Cowboys 13+
Roosters 30+

fatshark

Bench
Raiders by 4 - Canberra start well, and from memory tend to play pretty well against Manly
Ill take the tip....besides Manly got belted last week in a trial.
Shakes to beat Bye.

lotti

Bench
check the score again fatshark it was the other way around, Manly absolutly thrashed the Tigers.

effnic

Bench
Paullyboy said:
Raiders by 4 - Canberra start well, and from memory tend to play pretty well against Manly
Your memory is failing on you my friend. For 1/ canberra did start well last season but it was manly that ended your winning streak and 2/ I think we have beaten you the last 4 times we have met maybe more.

fatshark said:
Ill take the tip....besides Manly got belted last week in a trial.
Shakes to beat Bye.
:? If you say so. I remeber manly putting 42 points on another team but hey your the expert. And sharks wont beat the bye.

bartman

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
1st game...up there...30k or so people...parra usually suck 1st game of the yr...they will have a hangover from the 29-0 loss to the cowboys.
So good he got shut down by Hull in his last club outing... not everything the guy touches turns to gold.

Mr Saab

Referee
i think he has alot more passion for the knights than what he had for warrington. He had no cohesion with that team.
Johns led a team that was full of "nuff nuffs" to one of the best records after round 15. Yes they won the spoon, but so what....look at what he did with that team. I recall he even beat the eels at parra after being down 10-0. I think he will get into the head of Tim Smith once again....remember, eels are poor starters to the yr.

Mr Saab said:

To me the big factor as well will be to get that gorilla off their back, they will be determined to start off the year well and as such will treat this like a GF.

Plus the crowd is a huge factor as well.