What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1

Fatwing15

Juniors
WOW what are all you AMNRL haters going to say now. A 94 to 4 thrashing and a 132 to nil slaughter. Did you notice Jacksonville no longer has its stadium? This will be the last year of the USARL the nail is in the coffin. Mik stopped funding the 13's and Baltimore does not have the finances to bring in imports. Lastly a 132 to 0 scoreline is a disgrace the game should of been stopped or RI should of kicked away after the first tackle. Look forward to Fighter to put a positive spin on this one.

It's a shame that teams live and die by their imports. I would love to have a couple imports on the Sharks, but they do little to develop a teams skill set unless you get lucky with a dedicated player/coach or some one like Short from Jax who makes a home in the USA.

Choo Choo

Juniors
Philly won today without their full strength squad. Next Saturday should be a cracker with Jacksonville and the Fight going at it. Can't wait.
On a side note I can't get over the slaughter in New England between RI and Boston. There is a big difference between making a statement and beating a dead horse. In my opinion once you hit the 90's the boot should come off the throat.

DC also did not have a full strength squad and had three players on the pitch that this was their first RL match. Yes I'm biased but we dominated most of the game. The Fight halfback had a breakthrough run at he end of the match for the win. We should be at full strength by week three so we're gunning for RIR. Also, we only have one import this year and he only had one session with the boys the night before the match.

Fighter

Juniors
It's a shame that teams live and die by their imports. I would love to have a couple imports on the Sharks, but they do little to develop a teams skill set unless you get lucky with a dedicated player/coach or some one like Short from Jax who makes a home in the USA.

Shorto doesn't live here he lives in oZ. and when you get a few imports that return again and again like we have with Joel w, Marty w, and Ryan Douglas, the boys learn a ton off them and they become part of our culture and family. It does a lot more than you think. They do for us what shorto does for jax and more.