What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10: Dragons v Canberra

Willow

Assistant Moderator
How much more potent did we look with Euan & Pete as our centre combo though. Delicious.
Aitken in particular is something special. I know the calls to have him in first grade have been out there for some time. It wasn't so much the try he scored, it was more how he threatened the line repeatedly. Just a kid, still. But put a bit more beef on him and he'll be near impossible to stop.

The Nick

Bench
Funny you should say that. Fair question... So why is it that the alternate jersey is worn for a home game?

Is there a policy around with regards to Right Jersey, Right Venue? LOL seriously though, is the Red V only supposed to be for home games or is this just an assumption?

I understand that one set of jerseys would be lucky to survive a whole season so the alternative jersey has to provide some relief here and there. Not sure how they pick which games the alternative jersey is worn though.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Aitken in particular is something special. It wasn't so much the try he scored, it was more how he threatened the line repeatedly. Just a kid, still. But put a bit more beef on him and he'll be near impossible to stop.

Agree. Not sure about the beef though? Kid seems tough enough. And I think adding more weight to him would slow an already slow centre down to much?

FlameThrower

Bench
Solid, confident win, going into a bye weekend...plus the for and against also sharpened up a bit!!!

Raiders smashed Titans last week, so this is a great win for us....

1st half try to Nighty off the Widdop set play was beautiful to watch!!!

mickeylane

Bench
Great victory

Aitken reminds me of a young Chris Johns - runs straight and has no bullshit side step which gives him a chance of breaking the line - if he could find half a metre more off the mark he will be a superstar - Shirvo get on it now!!

Matautai was brilliant...i hope we r actually in the market for Tupou as we need a great finishing winger to balance up Nightingales achievements..

Frizell is a young Gorden Tallis...

Overall very good win against a very dangerous attacking team

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Agree. Not sure about the beef though? Kid seems tough enough. And I think adding more weight to him would slow an already slow centre down to much?
He's certainly tough enough. But he is only 19-years-old and as he gets older he won't get lighter. I think of him gravitating towards the Cooper mould or ending up in the second row.

tumbidragon

First Grade
= I think of him gravitating towards the Cooper mould =

That's what struck me when I first saw him. Won't be a speedster or overly flash. But he'll have shit loads of toughness and class. Fingers crossed he avoids the injury toll that coops was plagued with in his early days.

The attack has significantly improved.

The forwards are really playing very well. Lots of metres, and plenty of mongrel today.

Friz is a young raging bull. Thompson, Rein, Creagh, Merrin and Debelin all very good.

A couple of silly penalties and mistakes.

Halves played exceptionally well in guiding the team round the park.

A couple of ordinary reads in defence on our line, but overall the attitude/heart is there.

How sweet it is to beat Canberra twice this year !!!!!

BrissyRedV

Bench
The attack has significantly improved.

The forwards are really playing very well. Lots of metres, and plenty of mongrel today.

Friz is a young raging bull. Thompson, Rein, Creagh, Merrin and Debelin all very good.

A couple of silly penalties and mistakes.

Halves played exceptionally well in guiding the team round the park.

A couple of ordinary reads in defence on our line, but overall the attitude/heart is there.

How sweet it is to beat Canberra twice this year !!!!!

A very long time since we have achieved that feat! How very sweet it is!

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
That penalty from Friz was really strange. Looked out of the blue and out of character, almost like someone called him something...

rasaint

Juniors
Tell u what Raiders are a strong side and will win plenty of games this year. If Joey Leilua joins wow that will be a power team.

Widduph was very good today. He is real class and deceptively quick.

Give a shout for Mitch Rein. He tackles his heart out, is quick and throws a better passing game this year.

Eto got a bit of fresh air in front of him today, caught the ball well. However, don't we miss Morris with his ears pinned back. Probably has an extra gear to Eto and would have scored those two try's that Eto got tagged.

Go Dragons

Latest posts