What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Souths

Parko1310

Juniors
Fox league have got in on it:
View attachment 87682
Incredibly unprofessional, but hilarious at the same time. Hopefully it embarrasses those at the top. Although they've never been embarrassed with anything they've done before. They still let Craig Young deliver match balls and sit in corporate seating at home games. And work for St George... Yeah who am I kidding, they'll probably pat themselves on the back just for getting it right on the next milestone jersey

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Mary was Marketo
Griffin was Norman
Flanagan is Bird

Not one of these players really has/had a lot to contribute aside playing a boring role the coach wanted. Any positives Bird has he ruins with his discipline and general lack of agility. He is depth at best but this is the Dragons.

I think it's unfair to lump Marketo with Norman & Bird. For one thing, Marketo wasn't getting paid anywhere near what those other jokers were/are. For another, Marketo never stopped trying, Norman always seemed to be in relax mode. For a third, Marketo mainly played off the bench, and he was dropped plenty of times.

And no, I'm not Marketo's mother/father/brother-in-law/etc but at least he played with a lot of spirit.

The Word

Juniors
I reckon this is a winnable game if we show up with the right 80 minute intensity levels and all play to the same game-plan (whatever that might be). However there have been some crazy results this year across the comp with shit teams suddenly turning up and smashing good teams for no apparent reason so results are hard to pick.

In terms of the levels of anxiety and hysteria around the dragons, it seems to be higher than ever at the moment. Personally I always thought this year would be about stabilising the club and the roster. We mainly look tougher across the park despite taking some heavy defeats. I was hoping that if we could win half our games this year that would keep us close to the 8, so a couple of decent results at the end of the year could get us over the line. A win against the Bunnies keeps us in contention so this is shaping up as quite a big game for us.

I know there's a bunch of talk about whether Bird should be in the 17 (possibly not) and why Lomax is leaving (upsetting, but more to do with money and being one of those players who seems to put himself first than anything else in my opinion). At the end of the day Flanagan will be our coach for at least 3 seasons and he deserves the opportunity to assemble a squad and pick the 17 any way he wants. It's his head on the chopping board if he fails to improve us, but it seems a bit early to be judging him now.

TheRev

First Grade
100% this is another of those fork-in-the-road games (the last 2 losses were understandable)... this one however... a win and we are back on track.. but a 3rd loss in a row against the team with 18 injuries and running last (who still have 7 rep level players if you count Burgess) and the season starts slipping away very quickly.

Dragon David

First Grade
Simple game plan this week.

Grubber the ball away from Latrell and make him chase it. His match fitness, or lack of it, will take its toll on him.

If only we had a kicker who could think to do this!!
Yes, give Latrell a lot of work - grubbers away from him as you say Dragonslayer, running at him so that he needs to defend more, tire him out etc. Our defence improved last game but our attack was very pedestrian and while we rightly blamed Hunt for his poor kicking game, we need to do more with the ball than to rely on scoring from kicks and giving the ball back to the Bunnies easily.

Hustle and bustle in defence and crash and barge in attack and doing things quickly rather than in slow motion.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Simple game plan this week.

Grubber the ball away from Latrell and make him chase it. His match fitness, or lack of it, will take its toll on him.

If only we had a kicker who could think to do this!!
Latrell will be fielding powder puffs all night, giving him time to get up a head of steam before hitting our porous line of defence. Hunt only has 1 kick in him - and in one in every 20 or so Lomax makes them look ok.

BLM01

First Grade
100% this is another of those fork-in-the-road games (the last 2 losses were understandable)... this one however... a win and we are back on track.. but a 3rd loss in a row against the team with 18 injuries and running last (who still have 7 rep level players if you count Burgess) and the season starts slipping away very quickly.
Where do you come up with 18 injuries out of their Top 17 at the start of the year
I came up with 7 of their Top starting legit 17 and I am including Host which is debatable
+ Ilias, Murray, Graham, Johnston, Munro in lieu of Milne and Tatola that’s it
Albeit we might have Luc and only 1
should we still win… absolutely
Will we… I think so
Will they trouble us and have us kicking the TV and about to raid the bar… no doubt
Will the ref favour Souths.. definitely as they do need a feel good charity helping hand as the media have changed their tune now JD gone and Benny coming
Go Dragons by 4 points

denis preston

First Grade
Rain predicted.
We're stuffed.
We have a 0-2 record with this ref and a 0-2 record in the rain.
Souths still have Cook
Walker, Latrell,, Wighton and their pack looks better than ours.
No surprise for me if we lose.
Remember the cartoon lIppy the lion & hardy ha ha ? Which one reminds me of this post !!!

Don’t get me wrong Ralph I love women but in this day and age of political correctness this sport does not fit for women refs as the players are ostracized if they talk back to them compared to men officiating. Let’s face it there’s lots of testosterone out there it just doesn’t fit in with women refs. Also imo they can’t read the game anywhere like men do
Neither she or Kasey Badger are worse than any other bent, stinking referee in this generally badly officiated competition.
And certainly no worse than the likes of Bill Harrigan or Steve Clark.

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Where do you come up with 18 injuries out of their Top 17 at the start of the year
I came up with 7 of their Top starting legit 17 and I am including Host which is debatable
+ Ilias, Murray, Graham, Johnston, Munro in lieu of Milne and Tatola that’s it
Albeit we might have Luc and only 1
should we still win… absolutely
Will we… I think so
Will they trouble us and have us kicking the TV and about to raid the bar… no doubt
Will the ref favour Souths.. definitely as they do need a feel good charity helping hand as the media have changed their tune now JD gone and Benny coming
Go Dragons by 4 points
Saints win by double figures especially if Luc plays

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Incredibly unprofessional, but hilarious at the same time. Hopefully it embarrasses those at the top. Although they've never been embarrassed with anything they've done before. They still let Craig Young deliver match balls and sit in corporate seating at home games. And work for St George... Yeah who am I kidding, they'll probably pat themselves on the back just for getting it right on the next milestone jersey
Yeah, nothing embarrasses that lot. They won't come out and say anything. Pleeaaasee NRL journos if you're reading this forum just take a look at the names Ralph Piggott, Peter Doust and Craig Young and whip up a story so they can all get lost

Latest posts