What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 - Warriors vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 14th May 3pm @Suncorp Stadium

NovoBunny94

Juniors
I gotta tell you.

Letting go of Adam Reynolds will go down in South Sydney history as one of the worst calls, ever. Do not know what they were thinking.

callmack1

Staff member
The day has arrived and I've woken up extremely nervous. That's right, game day is here!!! What a huge day it is for all involved with Souths from the players, to the staff, to the fans. Massive game day this one!! We take on the Warriors this afternoon up there in Brisbane for Magic Round. Our backs are against the wall and the chips are down, we're facing plenty of adversity but today is a chance to rise above that and get our Season back on track. There's no doubt what's at stake here as this game is potentially Season-defining. Lose, and we're in real trouble but win and we can begin to climb again. Must win, we simply have to get the result today.

Certainly not going to be easy. In the past, you'd look at a game against the Warriors as an easy win but the way we've been going lately, that certainly isn't the case this time out. They've been a lot like us this year, plenty of ups and downs and their Season has been full of inconsistency. They've had some terrible losses but also some really solid wins, just like us. On their day, they're not a bad side at all. Any team that contains Walsh, DWZ, Johnson, AFB and Lodge is not to be scoffed at. Like us once again, they'll be looking to bounce back from a poor showing last week and right the wrongs of their Season so far. Going to be plenty of desperation in this one, we must be wary and the Warriors will be coming for us.

For our boys, it really is pretty simple. Do better. We just have to do better in almost all areas. As I said, our backs are against the wall so it's time to stand up and perform. No more excuses, no more shit, just get out there and get the bloody job done because our Season depends on it. Cut out the dropped ball, the flimsy defence, the dumb shit and we'll be fine. That's the key in this game, it really does come down to whether we can improve in those areas or not. Today is time to walk the walk. As I said, we simply have to do so.

Significantly, playing the Warriors is always a pretty important game for me. Being a Kiwi, playing the Warriors is personal. Got a lot of people I know who support them so there's bragging rights on the line once again. Going to be watching this one with a whole lot of Warriors mates so I really hope we can win or it ain't gonna be much fun!

So much on the line today, feels like almost everything is on the line. Our backs are against the wall no doubt and we have a mountain to climb but sometimes, that's when South Sydney are at their best. Channel that spirit, thrive on the backs against the wall mentality and get us out of this slump!! We can do it!! Fire up!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well Rabbitohs Members and supporters here we are magic round is here again as we take on the Warriors. It’s time for the boys to aim up and improve on last week. Last week was not South Sydney we were poor in the effort areas and we showed no resilience and as JD said we didn’t turn up to win. This has to change today we need to show that hunger and resilience and improve in all areas. Cody getting the captaincy with Murray out will hopefully lift him we need him to lift big time. Losing Murray as well is such a massive blow but we have to get on with it we get Tom and Hosty back and Arrow going to lock we know he can do a good job. It’s going to be good to see Nikorima playing his first game for us as well I’m hoping he will add some energy and spark. Another reason it’s a big occasion this week is it is Campbell‘s 100th game so we need to get the win for him also and make it a 100th game he will remember. Also we win today we go back inside the bottom of the top 8. It actually feels close to a must win if we wanna make the top 8 we can’t drop games like this so we need to dig deep and go 5 and 5, we can not go 4 and 6.

Looking at the Warriors they’ve been up and down but I’m expecting them to be on today and as desperate as us they’re also 4 and 5 they get Tohu back which is a massive in. They have Walsh, DWZ, SJ, AFB, Tohu, Lodge, Tevaga so they definitely have some dangerous players so we can’t switch off in defence. We must complete at least at 80percent and not let them offload. For us it’s gonna be about building pressure too we need to grubber it in and get some repeat sets and our last tackle options need to improve.

We do have some strong support in QLD and no doubt some of our members will have made the trip up so I’m looking forward to hearing plenty of noise for the boys to urge them home.

SO RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 2:59PM FIRE UP AND LETS URGE THE BOYS ON FOR THOSE VITAL 2 POINTS THIS ARVO! LETS LIGHT UP MAGIC ROUND GLORY GLORY!!!

handyman2190

Bench
If we win it will be the luckiest day, i dont think we will,unfortunatly,im sorry boys,the depression is knocking bad

Steenson123

Juniors
Hope so.
We should be annihilating teams like this but our backline is nowhere near what it was last year
Its not just the backline. The coach is ordinary and has stubbornly persisted with Paulo as a centre. Demetriou does not have much charisma and his knowledge seems average at best. I mean what has he actually learned from Bennett? Bellamy obviously learned a lot under Bennett not so Demetriou. Its week 10 and the backline movements have continually looked erratic, and players do not appear to know what to do 60% of the time. Plus the repeated idiotic turnovers. These are all on the coach. What does the squad learn and improve on at training sessions? Obviously not the two things I mentioned above.

Steenson123

Juniors
Hands up all those who argued that Walker's poor form was due to the absence of Alf Reynolds and not his sulking? Well as Captain, Walker looks super motivated here, eyes dilated, energy plus. Walker is a great NRL footballer I have no doubts BUT his problem is mostly mental i.e, motivation.
Murray is a tremendous athletic player but if the sqaud plays better under Walker as C that should remain.

Rabbits20

Immortal
A win is a win I didn’t care if it was by 1-2 points. We lost Host very early on so essentially only had a 2 forward bench from then on. Sounds like the refs were hard on us too.

With no Murray I knew we’d leak quite a few tries. It’s still 2 points even though it was ugly probs sounds like it would’ve been 32-18 if Cook didn’t get binned!

Glory Glory and back into the 8!

I’ll watch it back when I get home.

truthslayer

Juniors
I am sorry but our coach needs to hang his head in shame, why the F did he bring nikarima soon he come on was Disjointed what a bimbo. He is the one to blame totally disorganised., he needs to earn to come onto that field and what i saw tonight needs to be in the spectators box. THE first half was good, I am really mad and i dont blame the players I blame the F coach.

Inkers75

Juniors
Great way to start Saturday morning. Sounds a close game looking at the score. I'll enjoy watching the match this evening. It's that or Eurovision. 😀

callmack1

Staff member
Late reaction to the game as I've been enjoying my night with mates.

What a rollercoaster of a game and it's a bit of a strange feeling. Yes, we won but like all of us, I'm not all that happy about the performance. Certainly a game of two halves if ever there was one.

First half was probably the best we've played all year. Seriously, it was that good. We barely made any errors, the defence was tight and everything just clicked!! Scored some beautiful tries and played with the kind of freedom we haven't really seen since 2021! Dominated for 35 minutes and 50 points looked on the cards, that's how good we were going!!

However, it's no secret the boys simply put the que in the rack at half time, clocked off and didn't show up in the second stanza. It was literally the complete opposite. Went from our best performance to our worst literally just like that and we were back to our old selves, the same old shit really. Went from a great completion rate to a diabolical one and that's where it all fell apart for me, simply diabolical and it completely ruined the performance! Left a bad taste in my mouth that's for sure.

It is simply not good enough. How do you go from being 26 points up, to only just scraping home by 2 points?!! It's disgraceful to be honest. Was thinking that we'd turned the corner at halftime but no, we're back to square one.

It's so frustrating because we let the Warriors back in. We let them in ourselves through our own shit and I don't think they really earnt that comeback (no disrespect to them). That first half shows how bloody good we can be if we get things right and play how we should! That proves we can do it!!

But hey, a win's a win and I don't care how ugly it was because we needed it. The 2 points and bragging rights over my mates is all that matters!

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs survive big scare to beat Warriors after first half blitz: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...care-to-beat-warriors-after-first-half-blitz/

Press Conference - Round 10: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...ference-warriors-v-rabbitohs---round-10-2022/

Captain Cody delivers in Magic Round: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/14/captain-cody-delivers-in-magic-round/

Walker's on - How leadership chat with JD sparked Rabbitohs star: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/14/walkers-on-how-leadership-chat-with-jd-sparked-rabbitohs-star/

Walker shines with captaincy, Warriors key issue bites despite second half comeback - 3 Big Hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...l/news-story/4cc6d524d32502fc33aae4e90e40a709

truthslayer

Juniors
Ok I have cooled off a little, but not much. That was an awful game, yes the first half was great except for the last minutes where that let in a try, let me first say the ref was a disgrace missing knock ons In the second half. Some players still giving away silly penalty’s namely Liam Knight. So what happened in the second half? This is twice in a row the coach has mismanaged the bench, why was nikorima on the bench, then why did he come on being used as a forward what a joke! It seemed that so many missed tackles started and disjointed in attack, JD needs to step up . Before the knockers of Jaxson Paulo he made 147 m and not bad in defence ,it was not his fault, Milne does some stupid things and caught out of position. Really what a dumbass is our coach, the positions nikorima could of played he didn’t play him there. I am afraid that the coach does not have the brains for this level, you have to be astute and make the right calls, he has been a let down so far. I NEVER WANT TO BAG the coach but really he has made some bad calls, its now a very important part of the season and we are already missing superstars .