What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 - Rabbitohs vs Panthers: Sunday 23rd May 2:00pm @Apex Oval

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well, it's been hours since the game finished and I haven't calmed down at all. Honestly disgusted. Absolutely appauled. I can't remember the last time I was this disgusted at my team. A disgraceful effort and everyone of those boys out there should hang their heads in shame. No effort, no desire, no intensity, nothing. Going into it, I honestly fely good and gave us a shot at winning, I though we'd at least give Penrith one hell of a game. But no, we just folded and played like cowards, like pussys.

Seriously, what the hell has happened to our defence??? So good to start the year and now it is non-existant. Honestly, it looks like school boy stuff down that right hand side. As I said, we just folded and they scored almost at will.

We're meant to be Premiership contenders but right now we are so far away from it that it's comical.

So disappointed, angry, gutted, upset, disgusted, appauled, I don't even know how to describe it.

Callmack what I told Solly would happen has happened with Reyno situation he has destabilised us and the senior playing group. The team morale is at an all time low and it would only be natural to affect them as human beings. No other club I know would treat their local junior and Captain like that well maybe one or two clubs would but not many at all.

Wayne said in the presser we have deeper issues, this is definitely a big part of that.

I am sure more will come out re this fallout in coming months.

Callmack what I told Solly would happen has happened with Reyno situation he has destabilised us and the senior playing group. The team morale is at an all time low and it would only be natural to affect them as human beings. No other club I know would treat their local junior and Captain like that well maybe one or two clubs would but not many at all.

Wayne said in the presser we have deeper issues, this is definitely a big part of that.

The irony is that a lot of those players re-signed or about to be could only be afforded due to the slaying of Renno. Because of the cap, they are the beneficiaries.

I think Gags and a few others were prepared to take cuts, but not everyone. Maybe that’s the source of the alleged internal fracas?

I don’t know about Cook or Cody. Cody kind of took forever to get into the big show, so I understand he needs to make hay while he can. Plus he’s a bit of a loose canon outside the game. So he’s got no choice but smash and grab.

I didn’t care when he wanted to politicise things, but a lot of people who are going ok in the system now and have the older beliefs, they don’t like it and they don’t like him. So in some circles, he’s done.

And of course, some of his games, the best in the world at the time for a half when he’s on.

Last edited:

truthslayer

Juniors
Woeful! The forwards are a big bunch of "pussys" Bennet must take some blame here with performance. Why did they not take a leaf out of the Broncos play, they needed to attack cleary run hard and fast at him, harass him all match! Cook was pathetic he is one of the worst passers in the game. Funny how their halves are so proactive and ours so passive. We can blame the forwards but they need a rev up and Reynolds needs to lay down the law. As for that Brainless Liam Knight! What about the "sauce" pathetic!
Wow, we miss Murray! But he cant' do this alone. The comments about slowness are correct, change direction on most of our pack they are clueless! I would have made most of the team walk back to Sydney! Including the coaches! This problem is not being addressed and someone needs to lay down the law. The captain needs to get those forwards going and run hard. On Murray, he is the only player I know in this side that gives 100% oh and Campbell Graham also. Why oh why is Jed Cartright allowed in the ground!

callmack1

Staff member
A tough afternoon in Dubbo for the Rabbitohs, falling to the Panthers 56 - 12: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/05/23/match-report---rabbitohs-v-panthers/

Press Conference - Round 11: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/05/23/press-conference-rabbitohs-v-panthers---round-11-2020/

'Deserved better' - Bennett apologises to fans after dismal loss: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/05/23/deserved-better-bennett-apologises-to-fans-after-dismal-loss/

‘I wasn’t going to embarrass him’ - Bennett’s blunt answer to Benji question as Souths smashed: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/d99ca10a950e7c7a2c5061b4264c9ff2

‘Haven’t fired a shot’ - Rabbitohs reeling after second 50-point thrashing has title hopes on ice: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/14519b709cb9f46b20854b8509c465a3

handyman2190

Bench

Well done, couldnt have said it better, but i blame not only the administration but AR as well who pushed the issue into the media, its destabilised the team. I also think we have a few busted players,all this arm grabbing by the forwards lack of grit, no heart, i watched in bewilderment, our recruitment is a shambles,i cant believe Arrow not playing full games,how many mistakes does jed make before he is in reserves,knight is a shadow, does now one talk to him? His workrate is low and he gives the ball back at least 3 times a game, marsters,paulo, mago, cheap and nasty our reserves are not winning,its a mess,all i can see is a downward spiral,yes lean years ahead

handyman2190

Bench

Well done, couldnt have said it better, but i blame not only the administration but AR as well who pushed the issue into the media, its destabilised the team. I also think we have a few busted players,all this arm grabbing by the forwards lack of grit, no heart, i watched in bewilderment, our recruitment is a shambles,i cant believe Arrow not playing full games,how many mistakes does jed make before he is in reserves,knight is a shadow, does now one talk to him? His workrate is low and he gives the ball back at least 3 times a game, marsters,paulo, mago, cheap and nasty our reserves are not winning,its a mess,all i can see is a downward spiral,yes lean years ahead ,everyone knows brocken bones take 6 weeks,so whats a 1 handed cambell doing out there? Sauce! Has he gone backwards or what?

big hit!

Bench
Cup have been relying greatly on part-timers all season due to the injuries/suspensions the club has had in the NRL30. Probably fielded the strongest team this weekend and just lost to a Penrith side that hasn't dropped a game. Souths were up 22-10 and blew it!

Mr Spock!

Referee
For some perspective, not even the Bad News Bunnies of the 80s, 90s and noughties had 50 put on them twice in 3 weeks.

For some perspective, not even the Bad News Bunnies of the 80s, 90s and noughties had 50 put on them twice in 3 weeks.

Yeah but tries in those days tries were worth a lot more and half of tackles made by either side would qualify you for a 12 month suspension.

These days it’s just aeroball and theatrics.

The NRL is determined to stamp footy out of the game.

We need a history round playing 1982 rules. You can wear the minties outfit and the old Reggie looked like he starred in Pet Semetary.

Actually you were resurrected. How is George anyway?

callmack1

Staff member
Just like the other week, no match report from me on this one either. The boys simply do not deserve it and there's not much to write about anyway really.

I'm still miserable and filthy about it today. God, I feel sorry for my workmates, I wouldn't have been much fun on site today. Still just so disappointed. In the Pre-Season and the early Rounds, there was a great feeling around Souths. A feeling that we could really do something super special this year. I don't know about you guys but the last month or so of Footy has sucked that feeling away. Now everyone's writing us off and rightly so. That 'cherry ripe' feeling is gone. I know we can get it back, we have to get it back. There's a long way to go and we have a squad here that is more than capable of doing it but jeez we have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks. Attitude, physicality and defence needs a HUGE improvement.

The moment Wayne’s premiership dream came crashing down - Mick Ennis’ big hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/8d67dfaf47b417abc33b6eb97a5d2375

Origin showdown - Who soared and who fell flat in the blockbuster match-ups: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...u/news-story/ad7afc0a8a261a27cde1d5317a85527b

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just like the other week, no match report from me on this one either. The boys simply do not deserve it and there's not much to write about anyway really.

I'm still miserable and filthy about it today. God, I feel sorry for my workmates, I wouldn't have been much fun on site today. Still just so disappointed. In the Pre-Season and the early Rounds, there was a great feeling around Souths. A feeling that we could really do something super special this year. I don't know about you guys but the last month or so of Footy has sucked that feeling away. Now everyone's writing us off and rightly so. That 'cherry ripe' feeling is gone. I know we can get it back, we have to get it back. There's a long way to go and we have a squad here that is more than capable of doing it but jeez we have a lot of work to do in the next few weeks. Attitude, physicality and defence needs a HUGE improvement.

The moment Wayne’s premiership dream came crashing down - Mick Ennis’ big hits: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/8d67dfaf47b417abc33b6eb97a5d2375

Origin showdown - Who soared and who fell flat in the blockbuster match-ups: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...u/news-story/ad7afc0a8a261a27cde1d5317a85527b
My Dad posted this on Souths Facebook he doesn’t post much on social media but I think he’s nailed it @callmack1!

Leaders lead Wayne, if there is a deeper problem as you say there is, fix it.

You are the one who recommended signing inept middle forwards at the expense of our Captain and you have created disharmony.

Every time you are leaving a club you leave it in a mess.

Create the vision Wayne and the plan for the players to follow.

If the club doesn’t show loyalty to the players the players won’t show loyalty back.

SSTID but this sits with you like it does with all leaders, get our culture back and you’re mate Solly and the board have a lot to answer for.

We disgraced a special Jersey yesterday.

I would be happy to help our boys if you can’t Wayne and for the boys to not mingle with the crowd afterwards shows poor character from the top down.

I love this team and they need leading properly.

This is the second post:

The coach he has mentored is our defensive coach, look how that’s going and he was brought to Souths to win a Premiership. Give the GOAT the Bulldogs and see how he goes, he has always had great teams when he has won the comp. He left St George and Newcastle in total messes which they still haven’t cleaned up and without Adam we will struggle next year when our tries won’t be converted as well as the best short kicking game in the comp gone to Brisbane. Wayne prioritised Liam Knight over Adam and Liam couldn’t catch a cold, he makes so many errors at crucial times. We spent a fortune on Jai and he plays limited minutes as well.

BxTom

Bench

Penrith supporter here. I agree. It looked like the players didn't give a toss. Most of us Panther supporters thought that this would be a tough game and when I heard Edwards was out I wasn't too confident. Looks and sounds like your players aren't happy.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Penrith supporter here. I agree. It looked like the players didn't give a toss. Most of us Panther supporters thought that this would be a tough game and when I heard Edwards was out I wasn't too confident. Looks and sounds like your players aren't happy.
Can’t argue with that.

Edwards is one of the most courageous and competent players in the NRL.

He’s my second favourite panther after Kiks.