What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 - Rabbitohs vs Raiders: Sunday 22nd May 2pm @ Apex Oval

callmack1

Staff member
Time to once again shift focus onto the next week and it's another very important week coming up for us. We take on the Raiders in some Sunday afternoon Footy out there at Apex Oval in Dubbo. Fantastic for the club to take a home game on the road I think and take it out to the bush. Dubbo is reportedly a great town so it will be buzzing once again this week as we build up to Sunday. The Dubbo locals should be in for a cracker! As I said, this is a very important game because we need to start finding some consistency and if we want to stay in the top eight, this is a must win game.

A few weeks ago, you probably would have looked at a game against Canberra and thought "easy win," however, I do not think that is the case anymore. They've now recorded back-to-back wins for the first time this year and seem to have turned some stuff around. Their win yesterday against the high-flying Sharks was particularly impressive so they'll go into this week against us with their tails up and confidence high. it's no secret they've been a bit up and down this year but they still have a pretty fantastic side I think, particularly the forward pack which is full of rep quality players. Papalii, Tapine, Starling, Whitehead, Horsburgh, Young, CHN; The list goes on! That's one hell of a forward pack so I think that's where the key battle will be this week. If we can get one over them there, which is going to be tough I gotta say, then it will go a long way to containing the likes of Wighton, CNK, Rapana and Cotric. The return of Jack Wighton for them is particularly massive and will give them a big boost. They'll certainly be ready to go come Sunday.

We need to make sure we're fired up and ready to go too because as I said, this is a super important one and I think the boys will know that. We need to channel that first half from the Warriors game and let that set the standard for this one because if we play like that, I genuinely believe we'll be fine. However, it was obviously a very poor second half so we need to learn our lessons from that and ensure it doesn't happen again. The result this week is in our own hands and I believe it all depends on which South Sydney side shows up. Hold the ball, execute your plays and win the middle, that should be the biggest focuses this week. There is no room for complacency either. Go out there from the opening whistle, make a statement and show us that the first half against the Warriors wasn't a fluke.

Sunday afternoon Footy out in the bush, it doesn't get much better than that!! I want to see us really fire up this week on consolidate that top eight spot. Stand up and fire up!! We can do it! Bring on Sunday!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 11 against the Raiders,

1. Taaffe
2. Johnston
3. Paulo
4. Graham
5. Milne
6. Walker (C)
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Havili

14. Nikorima
15. Moale
16. Knight
17. Sele

I don't think there'll be many changes from last week and probably rightly so to be fair. I'd imagine that due to our shortage in the second row, Jai will continue to play on the edge which will most likely bring Havili into the starting side against his old team. There is also some talk that Hame is back this week and I'm really hoping that proves to be true.

Other than that, I don't think there'll be much change. Maybe Peoples will find himself on the bench though? Will find out tomorrow!

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 11 Against Raiders: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/17/rabbitohs-team-for-round-11-against-raiders-in-dubbo/

Pretty happy with that all things considered! Pretty much as we all expected. Obviously a bit light on because of our injuries but it's the best we can currently name and I still think it's a pretty strong side. The only real surprise is Peoples starting on the left edge but I like that call from JD, means Jai can play lock and our rotation doesn't have to change too much.

The other real news out of the line up is that Hame Sele is back! Good to see him named in number 24. He could force his way in as the week rolls on.

So still a solid side to face the Raiders! Bring on Sunday!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
I'm concerned about the selection of Peoples. Canberra has a tough, experienced forward pack and surely there are superior options. Sele is a mobile, bruising bulldozer with an offloading ability, so if he is fit, select him. The squad will continue to look fickle until the stars return.

handyman2190

Bench
I'm concerned about the selection of Peoples. Canberra has a tough, experienced forward pack and surely there are superior options. Sele is a mobile, bruising bulldozer with an offloading ability, so if he is fit, select him. The squad will continue to look fickle until the stars return.
Seles a crock, most of the time injured,he is probably not fully fit, and will come off the bench

Rabbits20

Immortal
From the NRL update

Rabbitohs: Hame Sele is included in the reserves as he looks to make his way back from a calf complaint and could come in for Davvy Moale in the only change for South Sydney following their tight win at Magic Round.

Wouldn’t Knight move out for Sele goodness me

Rabbits20

Immortal
The NRL-flu has rocked the Raiders with up to eight squad members struggling and Ricky Stuart unaware who will be available to play until 24-hours before kick-off.

The club have segregated the sick players from the healthy squad members leaving coach Ricky Stuart unable to complete a full-team training session ahead of a clash with the Rabbitohs on Sunday.

The Raiders are one of a host of clubs that have been hit by the flu running rampant across the game over the past month.

With Friday a scheduled training-day off, Stuart will have only the Raiders’ slated captain’s run on Saturday to determine who is fit for selection.

callmack1

Staff member
"We're on when we're running hard and tackling hard" - Tatola: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/19/junior-tatola-media-round-11/

Taaffe stays focused on his development: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/19/blake-taaffe-media-round-11/

"We need to work on our concentration" - Knight: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/19/liam-knight-media-round-11/

Also, from Fox Sports,

(DON’T) GO WEST

Souths had a horror trip to Dubbo last season, getting towelled up 56-12 by the Panthers but their opponents this week will be hoping this trip west of the Blue Mountains is more successful than their previous attempts.

Canberra has lost two from two in Bathurst and has the same record in Mudgee.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Could someone explain why the game is being played in Dubbo and not Sydney? Thanks.
We take 3 home games away regularly mate for more exposure to get more members I think Eg Central Coast we have lots of members up there, then we take a game to Dubbo and one to Sunshine Coast.

Latest posts