What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 - Rabbitohs vs Raiders: Sunday 22nd May 2pm @ Apex Oval

callmack1

Staff member
Get the Rabbitohs rolling the focus for Demetriou: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/21/get-the-rabbitohs-rolling-the-focus-for-demetriou/

Dubbo Captain's Run: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/21/dubbo-captains-run/

Boss 'hog' - Arrow back on the bike Wayne Bennett banned: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bo...ike-wayne-bennett-banned-20220519-p5amnk.html

Some news on the team,

Looking at the club's Instagram and the training gallery above, Tass was seen in a black shirt (which is what the 17 wear during the captain's run). Graham, Johnston and Milne were all there wearing black too so I'd say that means Tass in for Paulo on the left. Don't mind that!

Sele also in a black shirt so he's confirmed in!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Get the Rabbitohs rolling the focus for Demetriou: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/21/get-the-rabbitohs-rolling-the-focus-for-demetriou/

Dubbo Captain's Run: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/05/21/dubbo-captains-run/

Boss 'hog' - Arrow back on the bike Wayne Bennett banned: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bo...ike-wayne-bennett-banned-20220519-p5amnk.html

Some news on the team,

Looking at the club's Instagram and the training gallery above, Tass was seen in a black shirt (which is what the 17 wear during the captain's run). Graham, Johnston and Milne were all there wearing black too so I'd say that means Tass in for Paulo on the left. Don't mind that!

Sele also in a black shirt so he's confirmed in!
No Paulo at captains run?

callmack1

Staff member

Inkers75

Juniors
We take 3 home games away regularly mate for more exposure to get more members I think Eg Central Coast we have lots of members up there, then we take a game to Dubbo and one to Sunshine Coast.
Ah right thank you. Any chance one of these games could be in the UK?
It would be nice to watch a game at a civilised hour for a change!!

callmack1

Staff member
Well, it feels like it's been a long build up to this game but the day we have all been waiting for has finally arrived!! That's right, it's game day!!! What a game day it's going to be today too as we get a bit of Sunday arvo Footy out there in the county, it doesn't get much better! Taking on the Raiders in Dubbo and it's just such an important game today. Win, and we keep pace with the top four but lose, and we could find ourselves out of the eight so there is so much riding on this game. We also need to start finding some consistency so a win today is key for that.

It's certainly not going to be easy that's for sure. If we had played Canberra about a month ago, then maybe we would have said 'easy win' but I definitely don't think that is the case anymore. The Raiders have really found their groove of late with a couple of great wins and they come into this game against us in great form full of confidence so I have no doubt they'll be looking to carry on with it today. We must be wary. What's more, they actually have a great side on paper with star backs such as CNK, Cotric, Rapana and Wighton (who returns today). However, it's their forward pack that is the focal point of their side and I have to say that on their day, they're one of the better packs in the game. Papalii, Tapine, Young, Whitehead, Elliot, the list just goes on and on. This is where the game is going to be won or lost today I think.

For us, I really feel like if we can play well, we'll be fine. However, it really depends on which Souths team turns up. Is it going to be our boys from the first half last week or is it going to be the second half team? We simply have to make sure it's the first half team and we have to make sure that we can do that for 80 today. If we don't, Canberra will almost certainly pull our pants down. We know how well we can perform so today is about going out there and doing it for the full 80. Cut down the errors, tighten up the defence and everything else will flow. I'm looking for a big performance through the middle today and it needs to be against a Raiders monster forward pack. Our forwards really need to aim up and own it there and this is the key battle for mine. I also wanna see Cody and Lachie stand up hopefully off the back of that.

So it's a huge day for us today out there in the bush! Our backs are still somewhat against the wall so it's time to channel that South Sydney spirit and rise above. Stand up, no more excuses, fire up!!! Let's f**king goooooo!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are game day once again and this time a Sunday Arvo game in Dubbo. It’ll be great for our members and fans out that way to get to see the boys play live and I have no doubt some of our loyal members will travel to Dubbo for this one so we will have a strong support. I feel like we need to start finding some better consistency in our performances and that starts with doing the little things right like controlling the ball being patient in attack and kicking to the corners and building pressure plus looking to get repeat sets where possible. It’ll all start in the middle though we simply have to aim up here and hold our own. We hold our own in the middle then our spine can do their thing. In defence we need to be alert on the edges as the Raiders will test us out big time here. The Raiders have strike all over the park in CNK, Cotric, Rapana, Wighton, Papali’i, Tapine etc..... so we can’t full asleep otherwise they’ll make us pay. Our discipline needs to be spot on as well. For us we will be looking for big games from Arrow, Keaon, Tom, Junior, Cookie etc to allow Cody, Lachy and Taaffe to do their thing. We will need strong games from Campbell and AJ also. The Raiders will be up for this but we have to want it more and be up for it. We all remember what happened in Dubbo last year so I’m sure the boys will be extra hungry to get the W today and to consolidate our spot in the top 8.

Well only moments away now til the players run onto Apex Oval here in Dubbo. Lets make sure everyone watching at home knows that this is a South Sydney home game. Lets get right behind the boys and make plenty of noise to get these 2 vital competition points this afternoon.

Ok as we look down into the sheds here we can see the away team the Raiders about to make their way out onto Apex Oval...................... Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Canberra Raiders.

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1......................

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEEEEEEEETTTTTT.............

SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT!!!! HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS!!!!

LETS GO RRAAAABBBBIIIITTTOOOHHHSSSSSS!!!!!

Hellray

Juniors
We may regret carrying a second back on our bench as 18th man losing a starting prop so early

Hellray

Juniors
Paulo is definitely not a centre, he offers nothing in that position. Knight is being ragdolled around like Brett Hodgson did by Tallis is origin.
Peoples is also showing that his debut was also just a fluke performance and isn’t someone we should get excited about

Hellray

Juniors
Cody is trying too hard. And isn’t playing smart at all. Our forwards need a rocket shoved up their arses. If Milne doesn’t return maybe move Nikorima into the halves and Walker back to FB to give him some space to move

Skip

Juniors
Cody is trying too hard. And isn’t playing smart at all. Our forwards need a rocket shoved up their arses. If Milne doesn’t return maybe move Nikorima into the halves and Walker back to FB to give him some space to move
Should have moved Cody and kept Reynolds.Cody is overrated & useless

Latest posts