What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Sharks

redv13

Bench
Ok, you can give Norman a pass if you want, JP is a rubbish winger no doubt about that, all the more reason why Norman should have put the pass on his chest. But I stand by everything I said, meanwhile Manly pumped Parra today so we are 7th but tied for 9th. We’re in a soft spot in the draw with our season hanging by a thread. If Norman isn’t dropped out of the starting side this week no way we beat the Tigers then our season is gone.
Show me where I said I’d give Norman a pass??? You blame him for JP f**king up a try with the line wide open and all he had to do was catch it and run 10 meters and put the ball down. I said you can’t blame Norman for that. Secondly besides that cock up and him slipping over ( understandably in the wet ) for the 1st try to Cronulla, I thought JP had a dig and was quite strong with ball in hand

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I thought Jordie had a vwry good game, besides the dropped chance, he was strong in running the ball and break8ng tackles. In fact, he made more runs than any other player against the Sharks.

Runs - 19 (most)
Run metres - 159 (3rd highest)
Pcm - 35 (average)
Tackle breaks - 8 (most)

Not defending him here, as he is a squad filler at best, but the guy gets shat on everytime he plays. He's not gifted by any means, but he gives 100% everytime he runs onto the ground, unlike some of our more illustrious players.

Reminds me of Mat Ikavalu at the Roosters.

blacksafake

First Grade
I thought Jordie had a vwry good game, besides the dropped chance, he was strong in running the ball and break8ng tackles. In fact, he made more runs than any other player against the Sharks.

Runs - 19 (most)
Run metres - 159 (3rd highest)
Pcm - 35 (average)
Tackle breaks - 8 (most)

Not defending him here, as he is a squad filler at best, but the guy gets shat on everytime he plays. He's not gifted by any means, but he gives 100% everytime he runs onto the ground, unlike some of our more illustrious players.

Reminds me of Mat Ikavalu at the Roosters.
Your last line took the words out of my mouth.

My thoughts:

1. A team out of the eight and well out of form beat us at home. This is now the norm;

2. The skill level across the team is abysmal. I am talking about the basics, the under 9's stuff - like correctly playing the ball. A player who is unable to play the ball correctly is not qualified to play in the NRL;

3. Norman should never be selected in first grade again.

What irritates me the most is point 2 above. The park footy stuff they throw up is embarrassing. What the f#ck did Mary do with them for the last 7 years. I am not watching another St George game until they can perform at the most basic professional standard.

I don't think that is asking for much.

Straight Shooter
Mate, you've nailed it. No one in the place has actually been coached since 2011. In footballing terms, that's two generations of players who've not been developed or taught anything beyond their basic natural abilities. You don't rectify that negligence in ten rounds.

blacksafake

First Grade
My thoughts:

1. A team out of the eight and well out of form beat us at home. This is now the norm;

2. The skill level across the team is abysmal. I am talking about the basics, the under 9's stuff - like correctly playing the ball. A player who is unable to play the ball correctly is not qualified to play in the NRL;

3. Norman should never be selected in first grade again.

What irritates me the most is point 2 above. The park footy stuff they throw up is embarrassing. What the f#ck did Mary do with them for the last 7 years. I am not watching another St George game until they can perform at the most basic professional standard.

I don't think that is asking for much.

Straight Shooter
Agree.
I’ve been banging on for years about their skill levels. It’s amazing how many over the years have not been able to catch & pass in one motion. Burns did one last week for a Rava but he’s from a different system.
Too much emphasis has been spent on the power game from he he shall remain nameless.

Dragon David

First Grade
Cronulla has beaten us 3 times this year - 1 x trial and 2 x premiership games. Even though they have had the dramas with John Morris being sacked and some injuries and internal issues, their depth is far greater than us and we have trouble beating them now.

Just for example, they have a 20 year old kid by the name of Franklin Pele or Frank the Tank. He weighs in at 121kg and is 191cm tall - a wrecking ball. There are highlights of him playing for Cronulla's feeder club Newtown Jets on Foxsports against us in the reserve grade. He is signed with the Sharks until the end of 2022.

Do we have any guys of his calibre on the horizon? We need wrecking balls not ping pong balls!