What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs. Storm Discussion + Voting

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
My predicted lineup from the game day thread:

1. Hoffman
2. Whitchurch
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Beale
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. McG
9. McC
10. Anderson
11. Glenn
12. Teo
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Dodds
16. Lui
17. Hala

Nailed the bench, didn't factor Gillett backing up though. It's a good side, but if Melbourne come at us full strength, we're not much chance.

Big Pete

Referee
'Spose Griffin didn't think Whitchurch was up to the rigors of playing a Bellamy coached side. Disappointing but understandable.

I just hope he alternates Gillett around a bit with Glenn & Te'o as he clearly struggled in the back end of each half against Manly.

Like I said in the game thread, not confident of a win but I reckon we'll test them out big time. We're due for a win and I feel eerily confident. Mind you, my focus is really on Origin at the moment.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Yeah, I think Te'o should be the backrower moving out to centre. He looks to be the fastest, and certainly a better defender than Gillett. The bench is very light on, but you get that around origin time.

I don't think it is going to be pretty, but then again with Slater and Cam Smith being sick this week, maybe they will be rested after Origin. I can't imagine a sick person playing two games in 3 days - especially one of them being an Origin game.

Big Pete

Referee
He's also the better defender, hence Hook will want him to resume his role as protector for Norman.

hellteam

First Grade
It's annoying how we always seem to play the Storm a few days after Origin. Always takes the sting out of the encounter.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah, but they do it knowing both teams donate heavily to origin. Storm only 3 this year is a bit annoying. Would rather have played storm for our previous game and Manly or Cows for this one...

Big Pete

Referee
I'm still feeling eerily confident for a few reasons.

1. We're due. We weren't that far off the Warriors & we had Manly beat until they put together that incredible play to break our hearts.

2. Storm pack is looking very ordinary. There may be some changes, but without Manu, Proctor or Hoffman they'll lack size out-wide & make it easy us to win the battle of the ruck.

3. Their big 3 are all a bit 'off'. They may make amends tomorrow night, but they looked off the pace against the Blues & carrying the team for as long as they did maybe beginning to show it's toll on them.

4. My magic 8-ball said so.

Of course somebody will list all sorts of reasons why we won't win, but stuff them - let me bask in my optimism.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
I'm still feeling eerily confident for a few reasons.

1. We're due. We weren't that far off the Warriors & we had Manly beat until they put together that incredible play to break our hearts.

2. Storm pack is looking very ordinary. There may be some changes, but without Manu, Proctor or Hoffman they'll lack size out-wide & make it easy us to win the battle of the ruck.

3. Their big 3 are all a bit 'off'. They may make amends tomorrow night, but they looked off the pace against the Blues & carrying the team for as long as they did maybe beginning to show it's toll on them.

4. My magic 8-ball said so.

Of course somebody will list all sorts of reasons why we won't win, but stuff them - let me bask in my optimism.

The magic 8-ball never lies!

Let's bomb Slater!

I am not that optimistic. How often in a row do the big-3 have off games? Not so often.

Who will they drop if Hannant plays - Dodds or Hala?

Behold

Juniors
I would drop Dodds if we can get 30 minutes out of Hannant but I think Hook will drop Hala simple because he has used him for 15 minutes tops for his brief NRL career. I think Hannant will be very keen to play after putting in a big but short effort last night, and is probably smarting about not getting back on the field for the last ten. If Cronk kicks like he did last night I think we will be a big chance, Hoffman's kick return is easily as good as Stewart and Uate but Cronk will probably bomb Beale all night and make us look average.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member

Good point. I can't beleive how bad the Storm big three were for QLD (in particular Billy and Cam Cam) when its the only time we get to cheer for them! They better not turn it on for the Broncos Friday night!

IBA

Juniors
Yeah it was certainly an off game from all 3 of them. Not terrible but just not quite right.

They'll turn it on against us though :/

If Hannant plays, who do you think will get the chop? Dodds or Hala. I'd prefer to see Hala get the game time. Love his hit ups

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
This article says that Gillett and Hannant to definitely back up and there is a possibility of Hodges backing up with decision tomorrow morning.

http://www.nrl.com/hannant,-gillett-to-back-up-for-broncos/tabid/10874/newsid/67621/default.aspx

Would be a great boost if he did, as we would basically gain an extra forward too as Gillett can move to backrow. Parker, Gillett, Teo and Glenn should be able to cover for Thaiday. And McGuire can get through lots of minutes to cover for Civo.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
This article says that Gillett and Hannant to definitely back up and there is a possibility of Hodges backing up with decision tomorrow morning.

http://www.nrl.com/hannant,-gillett-to-back-up-for-broncos/tabid/10874/newsid/67621/default.aspx

Would be a great boost if he did, as we would basically gain an extra forward too as Gillett can move to backrow. Parker, Gillett, Teo and Glenn should be able to cover for Thaiday. And McGuire can get through lots of minutes to cover for Civo.

Griffin said in presser Hodges pulled up 'ginger'.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Hodges won't play, he can struggle to back up after 7 days, let alone 2 days. Gillett will be fine. Hannant will be good but won't get as many minutes as normal so i expect Dodds to stay on the bench and Hala to drop out purely because he can play more minutes. Should be a cracker, only wish it wasn't being played during Origin time so that the Broncos could field their full strength team.

Stil Broncos by 4.

AceAv

Juniors
I've tipped the salary hordes for this one. Would be a suprise if they lost 2 in a row. We'll play them again at full strength later in the year!

Mr Saab

Referee
Just like how NSW needed to play the perfect game to beat QLD, Brisbane need to play the perfect game to beat Melbourne.

Latest posts