What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
As Snappy reported, Parker is on standby for Mat Scott which would be a big blow heading into the game.

IMO, shapes as a very even contest and one that the boys really need to step up in.

Predicted Broncos line up
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Aaron Whitchurch*
3. Jack Reed
4. Gerard Beale
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Nick Slyney
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Dunamis Lui

*Could also be Barnes or Maranta. Toss of the coin stuff.

Behold

Juniors
Wouldn't mind seeing Norman in the Centres this week and Hunt starting at 6. Bench of Baptiste Dodds Lui ... and I don't know. Maybe with Hoffman and Norman swapping around a little bit during the game.

beads6

First Grade
Wouldn't mind seeing Norman in the Centres this week and Hunt starting at 6. Bench of Baptiste Dodds Lui ... and I don't know. Maybe with Hoffman and Norman swapping around a little bit during the game.

LOL, just what we need a turnstile in the centres. :crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Jack Reed
4. Gerard Beale
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson
11. Alex Glenn
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Ben Hunt
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Nick Slyney
17. Dunamis Lui

Source: Broncos Ins & Outs R14

Congrats to Maranta. Watched the highlights of his game against Burleigh and he played really well out of position. Also thought he was our best in the U20s Origin.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Ill be going to this game, my mate got free tickets. Excited to see this team line up. will be a good challenge for the younger guys against a pretty ordinary roosters team without Pearce.

Kiwi

First Grade
Thaiday injured and parker to replace him. Willthat see someone like Frei come into the side with Lui or Dodds starting

Behold

Juniors
Might see Capewell come into the team wing/centre and see Reed playing in the backrow again this year. Maybe even Hunt at lock and Baptiste onto the bench. Will have to score a ton of points this game if we want to win, our defence won't be great with all the new faces. I really wouldn't mind seeing Anderson and Dodds start in the front row and see if we can get 80 minutes out of McGuire playing lock.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Might see Capewell come into the team wing/centre and see Reed playing in the backrow again this year. Maybe even Hunt at lock and Baptiste onto the bench. Will have to score a ton of points this game if we want to win, our defence won't be great with all the new faces. I really wouldn't mind seeing Anderson and Dodds start in the front row and see if we can get 80 minutes out of McGuire playing lock.

I'd rather see Frei, Gibb, Wallace or Smith come onto the bench and debut.

Not sure how Capewell would go at wing/centre but Reed struglled playing big minutes in the back row last year. Also its just weakening one position to strengthen another. It will weaken our defence out wide and Reed will be one of our go to men in attacking raids and under the high ball in the centres.

If Hunt is to play lock then it should only be for 20 odd minutes off the bench (with no other utilities) IMO. Weakens our workload far too much.

Our front row is far too weak without McGuire.

Sorry to disagree with all of your suggestions but I just can't see the point in weakening one position to strengthen another. Glenn should play the 80, Te'o should play 60+ (not sure where his fitness is at, if he is 100% he could go close to 80) with the other 2 back rowers rotating throughout the game should be fine IMO. Hunt or Macca to both be on the field at the same time for a short period if Glenn or Te'o need a bit of a break.

Behold

Juniors
Sorry to disagree with all of your suggestions but I just can't see the point in weakening one position to strengthen another. .

Hey it's okay I am just throwing around opinions.

Looks like Anderson is out now as well. Gibb and Jarrod Wallace into the team. I guess Dodds and Lui will start. I don't know much about either Gibb or Wallace but I hope Griffin gives them some decent minutes.

Big Pete

Referee
I'm excited to see them receive a go.

Both have been good for Norths this season and will do a job for us out there.

It's a bloody tough ask though. No Hodges, Thaiday, Hannant, Civoniceiva, Parker, Yow Yeh or even Kahu.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Looking forward to this one as with any Broncos match (the start anyway).:lol:Keen to see how the new faces go and even with this lineup we should be able to put the roosters away. The roosters like newcastle have flair but come undone with any type of pressure footy. We just have to have a good completion rate with our sets and a decent kick on the end. Building pressure with a couple of repeat sets should see the roosters crumble.
Please don't let me eat my words :( and FFS hope our defence is better than last week. Come on Broncs flatten the chooks.

00digger00

Juniors
3 McGuire played his heart out and really stepped up with no Petro and Benny
2 Wallace had a good one. Seemed to steer the boys around well
1 Teo great in D today
Some pretty bad calls went down today but the boys stood up when they had to and I'll count it as a good win today. Big props to Lachlan. Had a blinder for his first run.
Haven't watched many chooks games this year, but geezs there a grubby team. The broncos did well to keep there heads on and not push back.

Latest posts