What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs. Roosters Discussion + Voting

AuDragon

Juniors
What the hell happened with my last post? :?

Oh well, not going to retype the lot, so...

Great win, crappy chooks, worse refs.

3- Wallace
2- Macca
1- Te'o

Unlucky for McGuire and Glenn to miss out.
Wraps on every single other Broncos player. Proud of them!

DeeJ

Bench
Big props to Lachlan. Had a blinder for his first run.

Anyone else want to elaborate on how he went? I didn't watch the game so I would appreciate any feedback. Is he a chance at taking either Beale or Copley's spots.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Anyone else want to elaborate on how he went? I didn't watch the game so I would appreciate any feedback. Is he a chance at taking either Beale or Copley's spots.

Lachlan had a dream debut!!! But both Beale and Copley will retain their places after good displays. Two years ago I refered to Lachlan Maranta as 'Slinky' cause of his lightly built frame he displayed in under 20's. He was like a match stick in those days but he's put some pudding on and certainly doesn't look out of place in first grade. I didn't realise Brett Plowman was his father but now that I know, I can see some resemblance.

Country Bronco

Juniors
It was a good win today under trying conditions both weather and refereeing. But we were the better side. Now I don't want to get to happy cause we have a lot of work to do to be a premiership force. On the other hand after some players of our best players moving on next year is good to see we've got depth coming thru. My 3,2,1 today

3 Te'o
2 Wallace
1 MacCullough

I acknowledge the rest of the team had good performances.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Is Plowman & Maranta the first father & son to play first grade for the Broncos?

Interesting. And I think it is.

This has brought back some great memories!!! His father was such a huge player perhaps bigger than Tame Tupou and Dave Taylor put together.lol.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Great win for the boys.......against a big and aggressive mobile pack of forwards, we held our own and more. We owned them.

Congrats to Peter Wallace today from me for finally standing up and leading this side to victory. I only wish he did this more consistently.......huge game, probing away in attack....organising the younger forwards, this is the type of half I want.

McGuire was awesome as well......Teo, Mc, Norman and Lui were the other standouts. Dodds I thought went very well in defence. Hard to actually pick a bad player.

Good signs a recovery is on the way......

3. Peter Wallace
2. Josh McGuire
1. Ben Teo

p.s

Without wanting to much emphasis placed on the refereeing performance, but suffice to say it was shit and as a group, this current batch of referees have some series deficiencies.

Mr Fourex

Bench

I don't think he'll take eithers spots, as both Copley and Beale played well.

That said, Maranta was safe.....ran the ball with purpose and generally made the most of his opportunities.

Didn't look out of place in 1st grade at all....

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
As an outsider, how does side rate as far as baby broncos sides go over the last twenty odd years. Is it just me but it appears that griffin so far has got more out of a second string side than Bennett ever did. Not only that but the top side. I doubt this side relative to the rest of the comp on paper is a real strong bronco side compared to yesteryear

Big Pete

Referee
Bennett got some great victories out of our 'Baby Broncos' outfits.

In fact, our second best performance of '06 was against a near full strength form Cronulla outfit.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Something to remember too, is that 9 (I think it was 9) of that current side today has played under Griffin's coaching in the u/20's. Not surprising he's getting results

Big Pete

Referee
11 actually.

Hoffman, Beale, Copley, Norman, McGuire, McCullough, Dodds, Glenn, Lui, Hunt, Gibb

Maranta & J. Wallace also played NYC for Brisbane but not under Griffin.

Mr Fourex

Bench
As an outsider, how does side rate as far as baby broncos sides go over the last twenty odd years. Is it just me but it appears that griffin so far has got more out of a second string side than Bennett ever did. Not only that but the top side. I doubt this side relative to the rest of the comp on paper is a real strong bronco side compared to yesteryear

Anthony Griffin hasn't won any NRL premierships to date. Wayne Bennett's record speaks for itself.

Griffin is the right man for the job...super impressed by him, but he has a ways to go before we start comparing him to WB.

Although I will say

Griffins personality / demeanour, seems to be a carbon copy of Bennetts.

Maybe a little less cynical at the moment.....

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
It always hard to judge. Team on paper versus balance of team. At full strength this current team does have the names to suggest its up with the best Broncos team.time may prove otherwise.griffin IMO has the hallmarks of a great coach in the makings though.

blaza88z

Coach
some of those debutants looked like men possessed today, obviously they'll want to play well to give themself every opportunity for next time but they looked so energetic

what does he say in the pre-match?

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Great Performance from the team. Unfortunately i didn't go as it was pissing with rain and my mate got called into work and he had the tickets.

3 - Wallace - Outstanding performance from Peter, can't believe he is only 25 it feels like he has been running around for the last 10 years. Seemed to love the extra responsibility of being the oldest and most experienced player in the Broncos lineup.

2 - Teo - Ran strongly and tackled strongly led the team very well.

1 - Macca - Another very good performance from the young man was another player to really step up and take on a leadership role and was really pleasing to see him getting at least the entire first half.

Overall it was a really pleasing performance and one that showed the true character of the squad, other notable mentions go to McGuire loved his running battle with Jarred Warrea-Hargreaves. Also to Glenn for stepping up and leading the team and most of all for getting straight up after that Hit. To the Debutants, Marranta was very immpressive as was Gibb would have liked to seen a bit more or Wallace though but thought he looked good when he got involved.

Finnally i'd just like to comment on the refs - terrible performance from both of them they really need to sort this lot out and quick.

broncos70

Juniors
I think Gagai and his dad were the first broncos to play first grade as father and son because I heard Bennett had sacked his dad as well..

Anyway, fantastic performance today. I was actually quite happy with our defence, and extremely happy with our attack, other than the few times I thought Wallace looked uncreative. His kicking game is really helpful, and he was great today.

Refereeing was disgusting, for both sides. I like the way we used Ben Hunt today. At one point, he was playing as a third half on the field as Macca was also on at the same time. Not sure how it went but I did like both of them on the field.

The young fellas really stepped up, and to be honest, I hate Copley due to some of his errors e.g. knocks ons over the line, dropped bombs and sometimes bad defence, but I'm really starting to like him. I've always loved his running game and he's starting to warm up and show some talent.

3. Mcguire
2. Wallace
1. Teo

00digger00

Juniors
You would think he is the front runner for Beales spot for next year.
Didanyone see friend actually ground the ball in there first try. I couldn't see in the replays where he gets it down.

Latest posts