What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

Flashstep

Juniors
Burton and Api did well to drag us back into that game but not enough in the end, had all the momentum and still lost but I guess that's just how it is when your in a 18 point hole at half time.

Karnivayne

Juniors
Chrichton passes it to the guy in row 2, absolutely no intelligence, not having a halfback controlling the team is why we've lost the last 2 games, May, honestly if hes anywhere near a Panthers team i have 0 confidence in Cleary as a coach, i thought he was just better than Franze but hes actually the worst player ive ever to wear a panthers jersey. .

chrisD

Coach
That was shit. Encouraging end I guess. I will assume Edwards is playing injured.

Tago should hold that right centre position. Should put Crichton or Naden on Staines wing. May has failed at half and shouldn’t get the position again.

To’o is our only elite outside back, the rest are just decent but been made to look more at times.

WestyLife

First Grade
It's funny Crichton demanded more money but the guy who gets the criticism, Staines, actually went looking for work.

May wouldn't get a game at any other club. Absolute mystery that bloke is. Thought he'd be better and was gonna meme for fun but he isn't a first grader.

martielang

Bench
Burton’s first 50 was a 2/10. Absolutely stinking let’s be real. He seems to be immune from any criticism. Got the other 8 in the last 30 though.

Leota turned it with his second stint. How the f**k does Cleary only give him 15 in the first stint. He came back and got us on the front foot, Api and Burton controlled it from there.

Jennings had a sensational game. Staines got to be under the pump. If Sauce was playing like this they’d be out with pitchforks.

Would love it if Crichton actually had a crack and justified half of his pay packet.

unKwn

Juniors
May looked infinitely better when he actually took on the line like his normal play style, instead of doing the worlds worst impersonation of Cleary’s attacking style. merkin was in slow motion every time he touched the ball. Difference between him and Cleary is that Cleary makes everything seem like slow motion because of how dangerous of a runner he is, May poses ZERO threat to the line it’s not even funny

Smug Panther

First Grade
Burton’s first 50 was a 2/10. Absolutely stinking let’s be real. He seems to be immune from any criticism. Got the other 8 in the last 30 though.

Leota turned it with his second stint. How the f**k does Cleary only give him 15 in the first stint. He came back and got us on the front foot, Api and Burton controlled it from there.

Jennings had a sensational game. Staines got to be under the pump. If Sauce was playing like this they’d be out with pitchforks.
Rennings can step straight in come September. When won't hold on to him he's a first grader

age.s

First Grade
Burton was very good in patches and very poor in others. As a half you need to make better decisions than going down the short side with no numbers at 18 all with 2 minutes to go. He was the better of the two halves, but no one expects better from May (except maybe Ivan). Burton is going to need to lead the wooden spooners around the park next year and on the evidence of the last two weeks he's way too inconsistent to do so, at least without significant support.

Tago was very exciting. Hopefully he's leapfrogged Momo into first drop for a center spot. Speaking of Momo, that miss on Mulitalo for Moylan's try was embarrassing.

Api improved the side hugely, which makes it all the more disappointing he's likely going to be on the sidelines for a while due to that moronic trip. Leota was great, good on him for ripping in after that brain snap vs the Dogs. Hope Hopgood is ok.

Anyway, it was disappointing, but I thought we were much better this week. Forwards were well on top for large periods and it was just a lack of poise in the halves and a Sharks side who are mostly playing for contracts that was the difference. We'll have our Origin destroying halves, spiritual leader and record breaking winger back for the portion of the year that actually matters.

Girds89

Bench
Dylan was ok tried hard but failed to really produce anything special
Charlie MIA. Deadset is a flat track bunny. Not the winger you want in a tough game.
Critta tried but faiked to inject himself. Maybe needs to watch origin 1 and see a couple world class centres.
Momo lol if thats not him done in 1st grade. Pathetic. Brought in for his defence but is worse than naden ever was and overs nothing in attack
Robert best panther on the ground. Hes deserved his spot in 1st grade
Burton really pathetic 50 minutes. Hes kicking was very poor and a reason we were on the back foot
Tmay offers nothing. Kenny is a better 14
Leota mia in first stint. He really struggles when its an arm wrestle
Api- tried hard in a pack well beaten for first 50 mins
Jfh strong in 2nd stint
Kikau pathetic for most of the game
Sorensen offers not much
Hopgood solid but lacks ball playing for a lock

Kenny was very good and kinda seung momentum a bit i thought. Tough carries for a little bloke and he shored up our defence in the middle.
Eiso offered nothing
Martin was very good backing up
Tago hes nrl quality and looked better than momo ever has

The decision to not play spencer was dumb.

For mine that loss is on Ivan. Picking tmay again at half was dreadful.

Burton cleary plays better when hes not the organiser and when instead of organising or plsymaking hes first thought is to run.. cant do that with the passenger tmay at 7.

Some blokes in this team atm are playing themselves out of spots

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
My thoughts are he's rusty - he's been comfortable playing centre all season, a much easier position, and he's still a little lost. But you can see that he never let his head drop and he made things happen, and his kicking started coming right. Sure, he'll make silly decisions, but he also seems to be a winner and I think he will go well when he has a run of games at half (even if he'll probably lose quite a few of them behind that Dogs pack). Compare that to May, who does... nothing. Zero. Zilch. There is nothing there.

chrisD

Coach
Really we were only good when the Sharks defence fell apart. While they were competent and giant holes weren’t opening up in front of Burton we didn’t have anything other than hoping Kikau could run through a wall.

Smug Panther

First Grade
My thoughts are he's rusty - he's been comfortable playing centre all season, a much easier position, and he's still a little lost. But you can see that he never let his head drop and he made things happen, and his kicking started coming right. Sure, he'll make silly decisions, but he also seems to be a winner and I think he will go well when he has a run of games at half (even if he'll probably lose quite a few of them behind that Dogs pack). Compare that to May, who does... nothing. Zero. Zilch. There is nothing there.
The class is so clear to see. 120mins of being pretty poor in the halves and then goes bang. The Kid has it

Girds89

Bench
If we are back to full strength next week id go

Dyl
Jennings
Burton
Critta
Too
Luai
Cleary
Leota
Api