What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

Really? Only Four losses, one draw, and 29 wins, during the past two seasons, and Ivan is ordinary? Strange comment.
Perhaps mx subscribes to the theory that a good coach lifts less illustrious sides. How would Ivan go coaching the dogs?

Otherwise, with good sides his performance should be considered as at least very good to excellent. An “A”

The gf and its nado fiasco was a complete dogs breakfast and his refusal to accept his own culpability in horrific preparation and concede that he muffed the interchange illustrated zero insight and there was no genuine remorse.

Poor Nate still thinks his intercept pass was ok.

He’s not the only coach with ego issues, when the cap finally kills smug (inevitable), I’m not sure he will have many supporters.

All that said, I prefer him over Bellamy though. His game plan is much more free flowing and creative. He’s done some great things with juniors etc.

For the record, I really like Burto. Fantastic player on his way up. He can’t be the whole answer to replace the undefeated soo smug. Its a bit unfair.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Perhaps mx subscribes to the theory that a good coach lifts less illustrious sides. How would Ivan go coaching the dogs?

Otherwise, with good sides his performance should be considered as at least very good to excellent. An “A”

The gf and its nado fiasco was a complete dogs breakfast and his refusal to accept his own culpability in horrific preparation and concede that he muffed the interchange illustrated zero insight and there was no genuine remorse.

He’s not the only coach with ego issues, when the cap finally kills smug (inevitable), I’m not sure he will have many supporters.

All that said, I prefer him over Bellamy though. His game plan is much more free flowing and creative. He’s done some great things with juniors etc.

For the record, I really like Burto. Fantastic player on his way up. He can’t be the whole answer to replace the undefeated soo smug. Its a bit unfair.
I do not care about your opinion.

mxlegend99

Referee

I wasn't the one criticizing Ivan. Not a fan of his. But I don't hate him either. I dont think any other coach except Bellamy would be able to match what he has done these past 2 years.

Our roster is not THAT good. We've seen there are plenty of flaws. We largely manage to hide them though

franklin2323

Immortal
Or veteran halves with great instincts outplayed rookie halves. The coaches influence was mainly selecting a poorly balanced roster. But without our rep players that was inevitable.

The difference between reserve grade and NRL is massive. While some players at reserve grade level are good enough waiting for an opportunity. Most are not. The ones that are likely need to be part of a strong experienced side to make that jump aswell.

Yes our reserve grade team has largely been flying this year. But not to the point where you can throw them into the NRL and expect them to keep flying. Alit of the better players are failed/fringe NRL players who go back and do well because of how much easier it is having played NRL.
It wouldn't of been a full Reserve grade team. Had the core there just would of had better ends to the sets.

Like the outside backs were in place

Front row rotation. May at lock would of helped in attack still.

When is the last game May played in halves? Burton has played 4 or 5 in total the last 2 years.

Especially after last week's struggles

The_Frog

First Grade
No doubt. Having him in 7 was a brain snap by Ivan.

A few guys haven't but we have struggled to keep a top 13 on the park this year. It will be interesting post Origin what the top
17 looks like.

In theory Burton could do that role but is he now the left centre?

Do you go Kenny and move Capewell if an outside back goes down? Or is Capewell too slow for centre.

How the bench looks is what will decide how much 1st grade he plays
I don't think Ivan will dump May as 14 unless he has someone better available, which clearly he doesn't. The brains trust would be thinking about his medium term future at the club at this very minute I'd imagine.

WestyLife

First Grade
No reason he has to stay on his wing though. Smaller speedy wingers like Thompson, Johnston and JAC come looking for it.

A stint playing fullback down there will get that instinct and confidence back. More to do with how well Jennings is going atm though

He did go in field a few times. Only backline player to do it. Mr break his word for a bigger contract sat on the left all night hiding.

The_Frog

First Grade
He had less than 50% win record until gifted with a top 2 roster. The players out and terrible standard of play have shown him for what he is.
Actually he came into a system where there was a lot of seriously overpaid dead wood and all the top 2 blokes were running around in reggies. There was quite a bit of work to do to get where we are now.

franklin2323

Immortal
He did go in field a few times. Only backline player to do it. Mr break his word for a bigger contract sat on the left all night hiding.

He had 10 runs.
Jennings had 23

For comparision the Sharks wingers

As for Crichton 11 runs. Had a kick which doesn't count and his error was the pass at the end mean't to go to Jennings. So more involvement.

It isn't a 1 game thing. In most categories for wingers Staines is near the bottom

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think Ivan will dump May as 14 unless he has someone better available, which clearly he doesn't. The brains trust would be thinking about his medium term future at the club at this very minute I'd imagine.

I wasn't saying it is a long term thing. We got caught out last year by not addressing issues and making a major player switch in the PF.

Get him some match fitness and hopefully some form so we have a top 17 in mind come finals time

WestyLife

First Grade
He had 10 runs.
Jennings had 23

For comparision the Sharks wingers

As for Crichton 11 runs. Had a kick which doesn't count and his error was the pass at the end mean't to go to Jennings. So more involvement.

It isn't a 1 game thing. In most categories for wingers Staines is near the bottom

Those stats are irrelevant since we are left side dominant without Cleary at 7 and the only carries Staines got where from our end. He's not being used properly that's either coaching or the halves. Pick one.

The_Frog

First Grade
Word is Aarron Woods is available. Still an NRL level forward. Wouldn't cost a lot. He would be tremendous for you guys if can knick him for the rest of the season. Word is will only cost 200-300k and he is worth that amount.
I think he'd cost more than that. If that were his pricetag the Sharks would surely keep him.

franklin2323

Immortal
Those stats are irrelevant since we are left side dominant without Cleary at 7 and the only carries Staines got where from our end. He's not being used properly that's either coaching or the halves. Pick one.

You said he coming in and getting involved. His carries don't show that

Tiger Shark

Bench
I can't be the only one that calls bullshit on kiks double movement? That call cost us the game.

That and a incredibly slow half that got out run by moylan.
Tago is going to be a star. Kiks needs a break something isn't right there and dyl seemed off to like he was sick or something.
All in all for a b gradish halves and some key players missing I think we done well in the second half.
That was a double movement every day of the week. Kikau's an idiot for promoting it but it's not the first time he's done something stupid.

Latest posts