What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 16th June 7:50pm @WIN Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Time to switch the focus to our next game! An exciting class against an old rival, the Dragons. It'll be a Thursday night game and we return to WIN Stadium for the first time since the 2014 Charity Shield I think (correct me if I'm wrong) so it's been a while since we've played there. A pretty important clash as not only would a win consolidate out place in the eight and put us in with a chance to move up to sixth, but it's against one of our traditional rivals so that's always a game you get up for. Over 100 years of history in this one and a new chapter will be written on Thursday night.

I'm still not sure how to take St George Illawarra as they've been very up and down with probably more downs than ups. No doubt they are struggling currently and find themselves at the stage where every game is starting to become Season on the line sort of stuff. That can be dangerous for us. As I said, they're not going too well right now but I still believe that on their day, they can turn it on and they still have plenty of talent in their roster including some world class stars and some young exciting talent. What's more, they have copped some criticism after their most recent loss so I just have this feeling that they're going to come out firing and put in a big performance. Whether or not it's enough for them to win is another story and depends on how we go.

For us, the focus this week has to be just that, on us. We've been building okay in recent weeks and we need to ensure that continues in Round 15. The short five day turnaround does make that a bit more difficult but it's nothing we haven't done before and player management is going to be very important this week. The blueprint again is pretty simple, hold the ball and we'll put ourselves in a position to win the game. I'm not 100% sure a completion rate like we had against the Titans will be enough, it has to be nearer to the Tigers game. It's also a big week for our right edge I think, that's been our biggest issue defensively currently so it's time they sorted that out. I'm confident we can win the forward battle, it's just a matter of how our halves and backs go and whether we can hold the ball or not. Time for Cody to step up and have a big game I hope!!

Really looking forward to this one!! A Thursday game against a traditional rival, in a Stadium we haven't played at for quite some time, with the result being super, super important. Bring it onnnn!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 15 against the Dragons,

1. Nikorima
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Mamouzelos
15. Nicholls
16. Havili
17. Sele

Not expecting there to be any changes. Pete on the bench again instead of Taaffe due to Cookie's workload recently and I don't expect Cook to play 80 minutes this week.

Trell could be named in the wider squad, I'm not sure.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I have friends and people I know who go for St George so it’s always a big week big rivalry and game and one we can’t lose! Certainly it’s not gonna be easy at all they’ll come hard at us.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 15 Against Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/14/rabbitohs-nrl-squad-for-round-15-against-dragons/

Happy with that, pretty much unchanged as expected. The only thing different from last week is Taaffey on the bench instead of Pete so that indicates Cookie will probably play 80.

I'd still rather see Tass at right center than Milne personally but hey, that's just my opinion.

So a strong side again this week, Thursday night can't come soon enough!

callmack1

Staff member
Didn't know this was happening until today but cool to hear that'll we'll be wearing our Indigenous jersey again on Thursday night! Absolutely love the jersey this year and what it represents. Will make the game all the more special and fire the boys up even more hopefully too!

big hit!

Bench
Here's my predicted line up for Round 15 against the Dragons,

1. Nikorima
2. Johnston
3. Milne
4. Graham
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Mamouzelos
15. Nicholls
16. Havili
17. Sele

Not expecting there to be any changes. Pete on the bench again instead of Taaffe due to Cookie's workload recently and I don't expect Cook to play 80 minutes this week.

Trell could be named in the wider squad, I'm not sure.

I don't think the interchange has been the same any two consecutive weeks.

JD isn't like Bennett who selected the same team every week. There's a horse for courses philosophy, or he's trying to cycle some fringe players through the NRL team to keep them hungry.

callmack1

Staff member
Welcome, welcome, welcome to our favourite day of the week..... That's right, game day is here!!! It's come around quick due to the short turnaround but I gotta say I am pumped! We take on a big rival of ours in the Dragons out at WIN Stadium tonight in what is a crucial clash in terms of our Season. Win, and we go to 8-6 and with Latrell coming back soon, anything can happen from there. But lose, and we'd go to 7-7 and you're back in the dog fight so tonight is another must win if we want to stay in touch with the top six and/or top four.

It also becomes another very special week too as we celebrate our Indigenous culture once again by wearing our Indigenous jersey for the second time this year. If that doesn't fire the boys up, then I don't know what will! Hopefully they go out there and do it justice like they did in Round 12.

Not gonna be as easy as some may think either, I really have a feeling that St George Illawarra are going to come to play tonight. They've been up and down all year but have a pretty quality side on paper and if they get it right, they can be very hard to stop. They have some good players coming back today and probably have the strongest line up they've had for a number of weeks. Not to mention they were embarrassed last week and have copped some big criticism in the media during the week so they'll be extremely desperate and fired up to turn it around which can be pretty dangerous for us. What's more, they're at home, they generally play well there and it's a ground that is unfamiliar to us. All of these things could add up to a tough game that we need to be very wary of.

That's why for us, it's all about how we ourselves turn up tonight. Our destiny really is in our own hands for this one. We have been playing okay lately but need to step it up again like we did in Round 12. If we turn up and play like that, complete our sets within reason, tighten that defence and execute, we'll be fine. However, we are prone to a poor performance so far in 2022 so we need to make sure that does not happen again. I'm really hoping we've turned the corner and we can show that with our performance tonight. We have to, it's as simple as that.

On another note, adding to the occasion is another milestone, this time for our latest recruit Kodi Nikorima who plays his 150th NRL match tonight. He's fit in well and really become one of us so let's go out there and do it for him!

Important day, important game out there in the Gong. No excuses, go out there and perform! We can do it!!! Lessgooooo!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are Game Day is once again upon us. This week a Thursday assignment down at WIN Stadium at Wollongong. We haven’t played there in a fair while but it’s never an easy place to play playing the Dragons down there. The Dragons have been up and down much like us this year but they’ve played some good footy down there and they’ve been scrutinised quite heavily after last weeks loss so I’m certain they’ll come out firing and it’s Macca’ 300th game which will have them very fired up as well as the fact they’re just outside the 8 so they’ll be desperate. For us we will be playing in our indigenous strip again as the Dragons have asked us to wear it so we get to celebrate our proud indigenous culture once more which I know all our boys love to do. It’ll be Nikorima 150th tonight so our boys will wanna get it done for him. For us we really need to go 8 and 6 and consolidate our spot in the 8 and win 3 in a row for the first time this year. We dont wanna be 7 and 7 and stuck in the log jam. If we wanna be a top 6 or top 8 team we can’t afford to drop tonight for mine. It’ll be very cold down there a place we are unfamiliar with a very vocal Dragons crowd but we will need to deal with that and focus on what we need to do.

This game is always very important to me as I have friends and know lots of people who go for the Dragons so whoever wins is always bragging rights so this is a game I look for on the calendar each year. So yeah we have to get this done!

Looking at the Dragons they have Ramsey, Suli, Lomax Rava in the backs that can be dangerous along with their conductor in the halves plus they have a very solid forward pack with quality players so we need to defend well all over the park and stop the offloads. We can not afford to fall easily off tackles and piggy back them down field with easy penalties. I really feel tonight we need to complete at 80percent and limit the errors plus be patient in attack that’ll be key.

We also have a solid support down south so I expect we will have some Souths faithful down there urging the boys on making plenty of noise.

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET AT 7:52PM TONIGHT LETS WEAR THE COLOURS PROUDLY CLAP AND CHEER LOUDLY WHETHER AT THE GAME OR AT HOME LETS GIVE IT ALL WE HAVE TO HELP TAKE DOWN THESE DRAGONS GLORY GLORY!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

Latest posts