What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

Dragons4me

Juniors
Saab scores with 8 minutes to go. DCE shows his class to set up the try and win. Clever work by him. You just know DCE's going to set something up. Something I never see in Hunt in a similar situation and whilst he's had a good year, there's the difference between the 7's.

After watching Liddell today I say yes to Damien Cook.
And watching Hunt would make you say yes to Ben Kusto.
No disrespect to Liddell or Cook, both good players in their peak but we should be more concerned about getting an actual star hooker otherwise Cook is just a repeat. Cook, Brown, Mulheisen, and Liddle and not a match winner between them. We have a real sickness at our club.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Few points:

Why is Liddle playing 80? Seriously what is the point of that?

Feagai twins went Ok and I think Max deserves more ball as he actually looked decent on that right hand side.

Sloan needs to take more straight runs. He gets folded when he runs sideways. His running gait makes him hard to tackle when he's squeezing between defenders yet he runs sideways fending everything in sight and getting nowhere and has been doing this for a few weeks.

Hunt was best today when he went to dummy half, which was like 5 times... Hey, I wonder if there's a reason for that...

Leilua can't tackle

Tuipolotu isn't dreadful but offers nothing, especially since he "knows" the Manly plays which is why he played, I'm assuming but it clearly didn't pay of... At all. I'd much rather Finau learn his trade instead as he's an athlete.

Lomax needs to stop trying to go to centre and pushing Max out to the wing

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanno's game plan not good today. Players seemed flat. Lomax not on his game. Manly wanting the win more and when a team gets that go forward in them and being led by a couple of forwards knowing that they have lost a couple through injury and the speed of their backs better than our slow coach ones, Manly only needed to guts it out and the points came. We just didn't have any answers. We bombed a few tries, but just played poorly in the second half.

The game was definitely there for us to win and Flanno should have made sure that the guys' head spaces were positive.

Once a lead was established by Manly we again caved in like all of those other losses.

Next week is the bye. Won't need to open up another thread and maybe somebody else's turn to do it.

I've had a gut full of disappointments this week with this club.