What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

sammymills

Juniors
We showed up today and thought we were playing the tigers. Trying to score off every play and throw miracle balls instead of mounting pressure and letting the points come. Sloan was as bad as lawrie today and I’m one of his biggest fans. Losing Suli killed us. We could have had a lethal left edge but they got no ball and hunt went into his shell as per usual

The sickness is Hunt and his inability to lead us to victory when it is there for the taking against quality opposition.

D C E light years in front and was masterful in changing their tactics to suit each situation as it arose.

If D C E and Hunt swapped teams today we win by a country mile.

Liddle is more than adequate at hooker compared to almost every other hooker in the comp but Hunt is well short of all the top half backs running around.

I dont disagree and the sickness includes us being so desperate to re sign a leader who cant leader. Exactly what I mean.

Shane is thinking of bigger things for this club but the recruitment is so *expletive* bad.

SAP58

Juniors
Really Sloan has had enough chances no aggression in attack or defence ........ Need a good around fullback that is good at most things , he isn't the answer. Unfortunately ........
Unfortunately Corey Allan was injured early I’m guessing he will start at FB next year while Sloan continues to learn his trade in NSW Cup. Will be interesting to see what Flanno does in a couple of weeks he does have a couple of options if he doesn’t want to stick with Sloan for the rest of the year.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
We should never have been a position to be whinging about late refereeing decisions when the game is already well and truly gone

Our stereotyped and telegraphed playing style completely picked apart.

We had plenty of opportunities to play positive attacking football and we completely f**ked up
We kick a 40/20 straight after half time and then gain 3 meters in that whole set and put up a bomb to the dead ball line on the last tackle.

We are a dumb poorly coached rabble and nothing is going to change that while Flanagan and his diving son are at the helm.

Last edited:

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I keep saying over and Dean Young is the worst defensive coach and coach period.
When a big game is on the line illawarra steelers crumble.
You can only pull down pants of the opposition a few times, they are fast running out of Draw cards.
Stop hiding behind the assistant coach, the buck stops with the pathetic head coach. He picked his assistants in any case.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Felt we were lazy overall today. Most likely with minds on the bye and for those who will be off to Origin camp, just trying to get through the match.

Can't say too much more, other than that's 7 & 7 with a lot of work still to do, both individual and as a combined effort, if we have ambitions of finishing the regular season in the eight.
We are a rubbish poorly coached insipid side. We won't come within a bull's roar of the top 8 and will be lucky to finish the season with 10 wins or more.

Old Timer

Coach
Part of the issue is that the fan base get far too carried away with a few results and then get the cart well and truly in front of the horse.

Hunt is still a shithouse 7.
Sloan is still a very week 1.
Leilua is still an arm grabbing piss poor tackler.
Feagai's are still slow.
Mud guts Lawrie is still an ineffective turtle.
Bench selection is still poor.
Captain selection is still poor.
Defence is still poor.

At a moment in a game the above can seem to be non existent and but the sad reality is that it is the reality of the team we are.

We have had a few flat track bully moments and it is misconstrued into the notion we are much better than what we are.

Our worst moments are deplorable and deeply entrenched and unfortunately they sit just below our best moments which is a very thin veneer exterior.

Scratch the surface or put a dent in it and mediocrity just oozes out every where.

To think S F still wants to extend Hunt and dick about with J D B is beyond comprehension.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Sloan shying away from defusing an easy bomb early in the 2nd half was disgusting.

Hunts kicking and tactical nous was non-existant.

Should have been primed for a win heading into the bye. Should have nailed the second half against 13.

I thought Flanno would give them simple instructions at half time. If he did, they didn't listen or execute.

They have more Wins than I expected at the start of the season, so we'll done. The consistency is so frustrating... it's like a pendulum, when I hoped a Flanno coached side would win/lose by 10 each week, maybe with 1 or 2 blow outs.

We need a captain with some f**king passion, who the boys rally around. I'd have JDB and be grooming Couchman.

Crush

Coach
Just on my way home from the game, disappointing result. We made too many errors and left points out there with some dumb options. Ben’s kicking game was off.
Manly deserved to win, they had more speed out wide and DCE took control.
Good vibes at Brooky though, plenty of dragons fans went out to support, onto next round.

John moz

Juniors
Again no kicking game we need a quality no 6 for next season. And our outside backs are not up to nrl standards the left side fenigh brothers letting in tries . A must win game before the bye and no structure in the 2nd half we have lost the opportunity to be sitting around 6th spot .