What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

Old Timer

Coach
Manly deserved to win?
You might not have noticed while you were at the game but they played at least one half of the game with 13/14 players.

We were leading at half time.

The onus was on your man super coach to keep the team motivated from his half time speech which he clearly didn't and more importantly to adjust the game plan to ensure we win and take advantage of Manly's injuries which clearly he didn't.

This team under your man are not ruthless in any sense, any decent side would've come out and put Manly to the sword in the second half and this poorly coached rubble just let Manly walk away with the two points.

There is no excuse for the mediocrity that this clueless coach has continued to instill on the playing group.

The fact you stated we were going to make the 8 just recently says it all about your assessment that manly deserved to win really.

What a rubbish performance.
I understand your frustration with S F and I share some of those with you and I am far from convinced he is a great coach.

However I do think that you need to rethink some of the strategies you use in respect of venting them in here.

It is not a good look for you to be absent for the weeks we win and them come in huffing and puffing when the team loses especially the games we should have clearly won.

Constructive criticism is a good thing and not necessarily tolerated by some in this place, however the vast majority of posters are measured in their judgement and do engage thoughtfully.

I have had my fair measure of disagreements and arguements with others over many a long season but I think I have mellowed and come to understand that we need to be posting continuously and not just when the agenda suits us.

I think deep down all posters know there are significant shortcomings in all aspects of the club, players, coaches etc etc but they don't like to focus on those too much and would they rather try and have some positivity as heaven knows the world is depressing enough without sticking a sharp stick in your eye over St GI.

Please don't shoot the messenger here I'm just trying to help out as there are some things you are saying others agree with but a better bedside manner and a few constructive alternatives might help your cause.

denis preston

First Grade
Really Sloan has had enough chances no aggression in attack or defence ........ Need a good around fullback that is good at most things , he isn't the answer. Unfortunately ........
I will judge him after he has an off season like the one Flanagan planned for him last , but not realised due to his injury. He certainly needs that 7 - 10 kilos extra. Had a two steps back game today.

maestro1

Bench
Manly deserved to win?
You might not have noticed while you were at the game but they played at least one half of the game with 13/14 players.

We were leading at half time.

The onus was on your man super coach to keep the team motivated from his half time speech which he clearly didn't and more importantly to adjust the game plan to ensure we win and take advantage of Manly's injuries which clearly he didn't.

This team under your man are not ruthless in any sense, any decent side would've come out and put Manly to the sword in the second half and this poorly coached rubble just let Manly walk away with the two points.

There is no excuse for the mediocrity that this clueless coach has continued to instill on the playing group.

The fact you stated we were going to make the 8 just recently says it all about your assessment that manly deserved to win really.

What a rubbish performance.
Welcome back "I'm Hornby". Where you been? We missed you.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
I understand your frustration with S F and I share some of those with you and I am far from convinced he is a great coach.

However I do think that you need to rethink some of the strategies you use in respect of venting them in here.

It is not a good look for you to be absent for the weeks we win and them come in huffing and puffing when the team loses especially the games we should have clearly won.

Constructive criticism is a good thing and not necessarily tolerated by some in this place, however the vast majority of posters are measured in their judgement and do engage thoughtfully.

I have had my fair measure of disagreements and arguements with others over many a long season but I think I have mellowed and come to understand that we need to be posting continuously and not just when the agenda suits us.

I think deep down all posters know there are significant shortcomings in all aspects of the club, players, coaches etc etc but they don't like to focus on those too much and would they rather try and have some positivity as heaven knows the world is depressing enough without sticking a sharp stick in your eye over St GI.

Please don't shoot the messenger here I'm just trying to help out as there are some things you are saying others agree with but a better bedside manner and a few constructive alternatives might help your cause.
Really astute post OT. I'm Hornby has made his point which some may agree with but it would be nice to have a post from him about another subject to show he might know something about RL.. Otherwise one could be forgiven for thinking he has dementia with his constant harping about Flanno

denis preston

First Grade
Can't win 'em all. It was pretty much like the Bulldogs game except this time we did it against a team with no bench. Just lazy considering we have the bye next week
Hopefully we can bounce back against the Dolphins otherwise our chances of making the top 8 will slip away.
Never thought we would make it even after last week. We just don’t have the cattle. The board needs to pull their finger out to address our recruitment issues.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Really Sloan has had enough chances no aggression in attack or defence ........ Need a good around fullback that is good at most things , he isn't the answer. Unfortunately ........
I can understand your view but I think he has progressed on 2023, he is certainly not at the level we need yet, particularly in defence - but he has speed and he has a still raw talent and I’d persist on the basis that he continues to improve in the areas you highlighted. Last year he was a schoolboy fullback in defence in particular but he has been better in that area this year at times. He has built up and maybe still needs more but I’d just hate for the Dragons to have invested in his development for 3 years only to see him blossom for another club, because he’s had another season behind him. And where do we find an alternative quality NRL fullback anyway, we can’t attract anyone who hasn’t been here before.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
How did everyone rate JDBs prop effort today?

didn’t rank well at all on the stats

busted old Nathan Brown buried him sadly

maybe a one year contract makes a lot of sense despite JDB definitely better in 2024 vs 2023?

brown 18 runs for 161m

Big JDB 12 runs for 86m

holy shit

an old busted doubled JDB

no prop platform no prize 🏆

Latest posts