What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

I'm Hornby

Juniors
First half he doesn't take a dive when clearly obstructed and a try is awarded (Even the commentators said- if he falls over certain no-try)
Then second half - he stays down and gets a deserved penalty then cops a HIA - Can't beat a system that's against you.

As for Cameron Smith - The biggest 'game manipulator', off the ball, of all time - what a joke!
There wasn't even contact to the head in that tackle in the second half.

He stayed down wanting to get a penalty for Daddy's team and then by doing so he disadvantaged us for 10 mins when he went off and shockingly passed his HIA and came back on with the game lost.

It was a despicable act and not becoming of someone wearing the red v.

FlickFlano

Juniors
1. There are none on the market
2. They are a few years away

Flano/Marschke are 1 from 1 vs the reigning premiers (down on troops)

Hunt and key metrics (source foxlabs) - most errors in the league/5th worst for missed tackles/most kick errors/5th worst for try causes. He averages 2 try assists per game but because every attacking play has to go through him this is not a surprise. We are not scoring the tries we should be scoring because our play is one dimensional through him. This hasnt changed in years.

Marshcke in his 1 game in the halves - 3 try assists (inside ball to couchman/kick for sloan/pass to RFM) ... worth trying again/

redv13

Bench

He stayed down wanting to get a penalty for Daddy's team and then by doing so he disadvantaged us for 10 mins when he went off and shockingly passed his HIA and came back on with the game lost.

Well I wish he took a “dive” when Haumole scored that bullshit try that was a clear obstruction every single game bar yesterday. Flanno dives and the score stays 10-4 and we get the penalty, kick for touch and start our set at halfway.

I’d put my balls on it that Moses, Gutho, DCE, Brooks and many more would have 100% if the shoe was on the other foot

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
I'm not sure Marshke at halfback is the answer and to say we would've won v Manly and Sharks with Marshke and Fraudagan junior in the halves is a bit outlandish to say the least.

Yes Hunt isn't the answer at halfback but is he not leading the competition in try assists currently?

All I'm saying is I'm not sure how you can make such a statement that an unproven reserve grade journeyman would be a better option at 7 than the guy leading the comp for one of the key metrics of a halfback?

Rather than going straight to our scrap pile to replace hunt at halfback, why can't Flanagan either sign a decent organising half from another team or bring through a talented young half back from either our ranks or another teams ranks? I thought pathways was his specialty?
The only reason Hunt is leading try assists is because he handles the ball so often in just about every play

NRL confirmed the Manly try from olakauatu should have been disallowed for an obstruction. We were 10-4 up at the time and had momentum while also bombing 2 try’s in the process. We could’ve easily won that game if we were a little clinical. Should’ve been 22-4 at HT if we were clinical and that’s obviously a completely different game to leading 10-8 at HT. But our second half was atrocious.

Also I’m sick of the refs being against us. Last week Flanagan was wrongly disallowed a try and then the tigers score off the next set. This week Manly score from an obstruction. We can’t afford to be consistently getting bad and wrong calls against us. The refs are a bunch of tools honestly can’t believe it.

steerlerbab

Juniors
NRL confirmed the Manly try from olakauatu should have been disallowed for an obstruction. We were 10-4 up at the time and had momentum while also bombing 2 try’s in the process. We could’ve easily won that game if we were a little clinical. Should’ve been 22-4 at HT if we were clinical and that’s obviously a completely different game to leading 10-8 at HT. But our second half was atrocious.

Also I’m sick of the refs being against us. Last week Flanagan was wrongly disallowed a try and then the tigers score off the next set. This week Manly score from an obstruction. We can’t afford to be consistently getting bad and wrong calls against us. The refs are a bunch of tools honestly can’t believe it.

since77

Juniors

Hurts doesn't it? Seriously these calls are a joke. It was obvious to everyone at the time except for the clowns with the multimillion dollar bunker. Even the guy who scored knew it wasn't a try. You can't make this stuff up.
But hey apparently the game is going from strength to strength and never been better.......

since77

Juniors
Bottom line is that bad decision didn’t cost us the game.
No, but it doesn't help and momentum is THE biggest factor in the modern game.
A few weeks ago we got dudded when we tackle a player over the sideline against the Bulldogs. Instead of rightfully having the ball and attacking their goal line we're down the other end of the field conceding a try. That call changed the game. We virtually didn't see the ball at that end of the field again after that decision.
Last week, no try to KF, Bunker gets it blatantly wrong.
This week instead of being ahead and on the attack with a penalty we're conceding a try and score is more or less level.
Sure, they have to be better when things don't go their way but it doesn't help when obvious calls are f*cked up so badly by the officials.

Dragon David

First Grade
Hurts doesn't it? Seriously these calls are a joke. It was obvious to everyone at the time except for the clowns with the multimillion dollar bunker. Even the guy who scored knew it wasn't a try. You can't make this stuff up.
But hey apparently the game is going from strength to strength and never been better.......
I am just fed up with the bad calls that have been made by the bunker.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
As I said before the Manly game which team will show up will it be Dr Jeckll's or Mr Hydes......seriously how can we be making acceptable in roads into the competition for 2 weeks and then rubbish the following......this bloody team does my head in...talk about a false dawn......it's the penthouse or shithouse....there's just NO floors in between is there

Dragon David

First Grade
As I said before the Manly game which team will show up will it be Dr Jeckll's or Mr Hydes......seriously how can we be making acceptable in roads into the competition for 2 weeks and then rubbish the following......this bloody team does my head in...talk about a false dawn......it's the penthouse or shithouse....there's just NO floors in between is there
Never in my wildest dreams did I ever see us struggling like we have for over a decade. We might this, we might that rather than we will this and we will that. It has been going on for too long. Thrills one week and spills the next. Just no consistency.

Dragons4me

Juniors

Oh good grief!!!

kit66

Bench

It was high, hits his neck then pulls - look again. I thought the HIA call from the bunker was bs, trying to appease the Manly crowd. But anyway why try to milk a penalty when you have possession and a full set for the sake of a few metres from a penalty kick. I think both your "Daddy's team" and "despicable act" remarks are ott and unnecessary. DCE has milked plenty in his time as well as getting in the refs ear at every opportunity, he's got some front mouthing off at others. And as for Cam Smith, don't get me started, cheating cnt.

since77

Juniors
It was high, hits his neck then pulls - look again. I thought the HIA call from the bunker was bs, trying to appease the Manly crowd. But anyway why try to milk a penalty when you have possession and a full set for the sake of a few metres from a penalty kick. I think both your "Daddy's team" and "despicable act" remarks are ott and unnecessary. DCE has milked plenty in his time as well as getting in the refs ear at every opportunity, he's got some front mouthing off at others. And as for Cam Smith, don't get me started, cheating cnt.
Kyle also said in a recent interview that they're not coached to stay down when they're hit in the head because of the risk they will end up having to go off for a HIA.

BLM01

First Grade
It seems many teams this year are struggling with Jeckyl and Hyde performances
Not sure why but we ain’t alone
Outside of Melb Dolphins Penrith and Dogs (nearly Top 4 ATM) everyone else is going through it