What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

redVinme

Bench
It seems many teams this year are struggling with Jeckyl and Hyde performances
Not sure why but we ain’t alone
Outside of Melb Dolphins Penrith and Dogs (nearly Top 4 ATM) everyone else is going through it
The dogs have had two byes. Sure they have been more consistent but once we have the bye saints are also on 18 points. So guess that makes us nearly top 4 as well 😂.

maestro1

Bench
There wasn't even contact to the head in that tackle in the second half.

He stayed down wanting to get a penalty for Daddy's team and then by doing so he disadvantaged us for 10 mins when he went off and shockingly passed his HIA and came back on with the game lost.

It was a despicable act and not becoming of someone wearing the red v.
It was gamesmanship and I want any halfback wearing the Red V to try and get any advantage they can for the Red V. All the best halves and players will try and gain advantage. Bob Fulton was a master of it. KFlann should have fallen when he was obstructed for the Olakuati try. If he had fallen, that try wouldn't have been awarded. I want our game managers to scheme and manipulate and strive and fight for EVERY advantage. Unfortunately for Kyle, they HIAed him, which RARELY happens. But of course the FLUNKER always interjects negatively when the Dragons are involved. Shxt the last 2 weeks Annusly has had to say sorry for blatant FLUNKER decisions AGAINST the Dragons. The percentage of negative calls for the Dragons from the FLUNKER is off the charts. So KFlann, keep on testing the boundaries buddy. It shows how much you want to win and how competitive you are. I'd rather this than a limp dick player that doesn't give a fxck

kit66

Bench
It seems many teams this year are struggling with Jeckyl and Hyde performances
Not sure why but we ain’t alone
Outside of Melb Dolphins Penrith and Dogs (nearly Top 4 ATM) everyone else is going through it

Fatigue. The fact we now have a "Red Line" metering thingy during commentary telling us how long since the last break in play tallies with mine and other's assessment that all the new rules to speed up the game are having detrimental effects on the game and the players. Fatigue is a big issue now which is only exacerbated by 6 agains and sin bins which used to be for serious offences but are now almost mandatory for everything that even looks like an infringement and are outright arbitrary at worst.

maestro1

Bench
Fatigue. The fact we now have a "Red Line" metering thingy during commentary telling us how long since the last break in play tallies with mine and other's assessment that all the new rules to speed up the game are having detrimental effects on the game and the players. Fatigue is a big issue now which is only exacerbated by 6 agains and sin bins which used to be for serious offences but are now almost mandatory for everything that even looks like an infringement and are outright arbitrary at worst.
And why we are seeing so many hamstring injuries.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Doesn't Annasley get sick of explaining why Dragons tries are incorrectly disallowed or the opposition tries scored against Saints should not have been allowed. That alone should make him think hang on a sec, there is a pattern here as one team is mostly featured in my apologies. Before Tigers, didn't Saints have get penalised for dragging a player out when it should not have been penalised and the Dogs scored? It is happening every week. I wish every team had to deal with a rubbish call a week like Saints but they don't.

It's good that he does admit it though so kudos to Annusley, I just hope he does something about it.

In the end Saints did not deserve to win this game but that would have at least lessened the for and against if it was officiated properly. That will play a big part in making the 8 which I doubt will impact Saints.

Dragon David

First Grade
I know that we cop a lot of poor decisions and it is good that Annesley has picked up a few errors the refs and bunker have made involving us. Other clubs do have similar wrong calls but maybe not as many as us.

The question is, why us? Are we just easy to burn?

Kolum Kid

Juniors
I know that we cop a lot of poor decisions and it is good that Annesley has picked up a few errors the refs and bunker have made involving us. Other clubs do have similar wrong calls but maybe not as many as us.

The question is, why us? Are we just easy to burn?
That green eyed monster called jealously. They will try anything to discount "11 in a row". Even commentators are calling Penwith the greatest after only 3 in a row.

Gareth67

First Grade
That green eyed monster called jealously. They will try anything to discount "11 in a row". Even commentators are calling Penwith the greatest after only 3 in a row.
Just so Kolum , that sickened me when I heard those
idiot Chanel 9 rugby league experts ( ? ? ? ) saying that . Although they usually say “ in the modern era “ , still 11 consecutive premierships ‘ in the old era ‘ are certainly nothing to sneeze at . 😇

Last edited:

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Just so Kolum , that sickened me when I heard those idiot Chanel 9 rugby league experts ( ? ? ? ) saying that . Although they usually say “ in the modern era “ , still 11 consecutive premierships ‘ in the old era ‘ are certainly nothing to sneeze at . 😇
They specifically changes the rules to stop the Dragons domination.

When the Dragons dominate, the game changes to stop it.

They introduced the 7 tackle 20m restart to stop Jamie Soward.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Refs pick on Saints because they are the easy target. Saints hardly complain and I am surprised with SFlanno that he is not smashing the refs more often. SFlanno did have some things to say about last weeks double movement against the Tigers, but that is probably the 1st time I saw him really say anything about the refs. SFlanno is probably to scared to because if he cops a 10k fine the tight ar$s board will go off and probably sack him.

I would like to know what would have happened if Saints did lose 14-12 to Manly and the winning try was the O'lakautu obstruction. I reckon Annesley would then support the refs and come up with some garbage but we will never know.

Dragon David

First Grade
"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Jealousy is a curse and I curse those who damn our club. We, as the Dragons, have been the most successful of any team in the world and the record of 11 consecutive grand final wins will never be beaten in our lifetime, mark my words.

So many rules had to be changed because of our domination. It is a pity that there are many who do not ever want us to dominate again and hence we hardly get the rub of the green.

Maybe if we joined super league in 1997 we would be completely different - maybe even still the St George Dragons?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
"I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore".

Jealousy is a curse and I curse those who damn our club. We, as the Dragons, have been the most successful of any team in the world and the record of 11 consecutive grand final wins will never be beaten in our lifetime, mark my words.

So many rules had to be changed because of our domination. It is a pity that there are many who do not ever want us to dominate again and hence we hardly get the rub of the green.

Maybe if we joined super league in 1997 we would be completely different - maybe even still the St George Dragons?
Unfortunately we have a half back that rarely challengers the refs decisions....and when there's any form of complaint to how we are getting treated on the field Hunts rarely in the picture...unlike DCE, Tedesco, Reynolds and the like that are always in the refs lughole.....Cameron Smith was a master at it.....I'm not suggesting Hunt follows Smith's theatrics but just a minute intervention would help... Hunts leadership is non existent imo....tbh I'm buggered if I know how he was selected in the first place and manages to hold that position .....I'm still waiting for Hunt to ice the cake so to speak on a regular basis and win some of these games like at Brooky on Sunday

Illusion

Bench
Unfortunately we have a half back that rarely challengers the refs decisions....and when there's any form of complaint to how we are getting treated on the field Hunts rarely in the picture...unlike DCE, Tedesco, Reynolds and the like that are always in the refs lughole.....Cameron Smith was a master at it.....I'm not suggesting Hunt follows Smith's theatrics but just a minute intervention would help... Hunts leadership is non existent imo....tbh I'm buggered if I know how he was selected in the first place and manages to hold that position .....I'm still waiting for Hunt to ice the cake so to speak on a regular basis and win some of these games like at Brooky on Sunday
Good individual player , number 9 but not a game manager .........

It was high, hits his neck then pulls - look again. I thought the HIA call from the bunker was bs, trying to appease the Manly crowd. But anyway why try to milk a penalty when you have possession and a full set for the sake of a few metres from a penalty kick. I think both your "Daddy's team" and "despicable act" remarks are ott and unnecessary. DCE has milked plenty in his time as well as getting in the refs ear at every opportunity, he's got some front mouthing off at others. And as for Cam Smith, don't get me started, cheating cnt.

Cam Smith is at home in front of his TV wearing his Salary cheaters cap, grappling with a Chicken Wing or two, watching replays of the Alex McKinnon tackle.

The perfect person to identify what “Is not a good look for the game”

JamesRustle

First Grade
The dogs have had two byes. Sure they have been more consistent but once we have the bye saints are also on 18 points. So guess that makes us nearly top 4 as well 😂.
5 more wins gets us into the top 8 I reckon. 6 definately. That's why this loss really pissed me off.

Dolphins (H) - winnable
Roosters (A) - probably lose
Broncos (A) - winnable
Panthers (H) - unlikley
Storm (A) - highly unlikely
Titans (H) - winnable
Sharks (H) - winnable
Eels (A) - winnable, probably lose at CommBank
Raiders (H) - winnable, probably lose and finish outside the 8 going on our usual season finishes

I'm not expecting to make the 8, but there is a glimmer!

My hope is we beat the teams slightly above us and below us, giving us 5 more wins. Fire up for the derby for once and jag that game too ffs.

Dragon David

First Grade
5 more wins gets us into the top 8 I reckon. 6 definately. That's why this loss really pissed me off.

Dolphins (H) - winnable
Broncos (A) - winnable
Panthers (H) - unlikley
Titans (H) - winnable
Sharks (H) - winnable
Raiders (H) - winnable, probably lose and finish outside the 8 going on our usual season finishes

My hope is we beat the teams slightly above us and below us, giving us 5 more wins. Fire up for the derby for once and jag that game too ffs.
Yes, got to be positive and if we can win those games then great.

TheRev

First Grade
It is possible we win no more games from here, and even if thats the case Im pretty happy with what this roster achieved in 2024.. but I rly do hope obviously that we can continue to jag games even when we are massive underdogs... I dont think we will finish Top 12 though.. other than the tigers every other side is going pretty damn well this year.. even the Titans..

BLM01

First Grade
It is possible we win no more games from here, and even if thats the case Im pretty happy with what this roster achieved in 2024.. but I rly do hope obviously that we can continue to jag games even when we are massive underdogs... I dont think we will finish Top 12 though.. other than the tigers every other side is going pretty damn well this year.. even the Titans..
Titans going well..?. They are below the Tigers ATM

Dolphins (H) - winnable
Broncos (A) - winnable
Panthers (H) - unlikley
Titans (H) - winnable
Sharks (H) - winnable

Our wins have been good but our losses have been the worst we've seen of any year.
You won't find a more polar opposite hot and cold team from week to week.

Very hard to see us getting one or two wins from that list with a team that still doesn't know how to turn momentum around in a game.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Our wins have been good but our losses have been the worst we've seen of any year.
You won't find a more polar opposite hot and cold team from week to week.

Very hard to see us getting one or two wins from that list with a team that still doesn't know how to turn momentum around in a game.
Oh. Don't get me started on our lack of resilience. That seems baked into club culture.

Realistic, I'm thinking we get 2-3 more wins... and things could get real ugly against panthers and storm.

Latest posts