What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

mxlegend99

Referee
Edwards had a shocker by his standards. How can anyone thing that was a good game? He has gad worse but thats sell belowhis bestl

Error on first run. Letting a bomb bounce. Taking a nothing kick dead. Staines was tested and while he didnt make metres he saved tries, didn't make errors and grabbed a try of his own . Staines beong pressured by Tupoy wnd winning was a miracle

Kilkenny

Coach
Also let a ball bounce and caused an unnecessary line drop out. Seems to have a hint of doubt coming back from injury.
Rubbish. I was at the game. There are just times when you aren’t quite in the right position to make the catch on the full. Other than his mistake on the first play Dylan was outstanding, any suggestions to the contrary are just bullshit.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nope he was scared to make a mistake that's a fact
Well I’m sure the fans who were at the game would disagree.

Nothing factual about your bullshit from watching on kayo or fox, scared to make a mistake you are an absolute flip if you actually believe that sort of bullshit. You can accuse Dylan of perhaps not being a marque fullback but to suggest he his scared to make a mistake says everything about you, you are a flip. A total goose.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well I’m sure the fans who were at the game would disagree.

Nothing factual about your bullshit from watching on kayo or fox, scared to make a mistake you are an absolute flip if you actually believe that sort of bullshit. You can accuse Dylan of perhaps not being a marque fullback but to suggest he his scared to make a mistake says everything about you, you are a flip. A total goose.

Worst conditions I have seen at Penrith I think ever. 3 solid hours of rain and windy

franklin2323

Immortal
FFS the rain was teaming down in the first half and he put down his first bomb. So what. He more than made up for it. The game must look so different on TV because Dylan was outstanding pure and simple.

Yeah I am watching now. You can't really see the rain in the general game coverage. Certain angle replays you can

Girds89

Bench
Haha cant believe dylan is getting faulted after that performance.

Hes been one of our best all year.

He is just so underrated. The work he does off the ball goes unnotticed by so many fans.

Id say he does more off the ball than any fb in the comp.

Hes stats this year are extremley impressive. Put him right up there with the best fbs.

No other player at our club can do what dylan does at the back... that is a fact.

Can charlie get there....maybe in a few years...maybe

Can critta.... maybe.

Value for money hes the best fb in the comp.

Dylan would be lucky to be on 350k. Teddy on a million. Well he wasnt better than dylan tonight.

Anyone that thinks dylan plays with fear probably needs to give up posting on here.

If some of our blokes played with as much heart, dedication amd passion as edwards every week wed never get beaten.

The million dollar teddy had more mistakes, less meters etc than edwards tonight.

WestyLife

First Grade
Haha cant believe dylan is getting faulted after that performance.

Hes been one of our best all year.

He is just so underrated. The work he does off the ball goes unnotticed by so many fans.

Id say he does more off the ball than any fb in the comp.

Hes stats this year are extremley impressive. Put him right up there with the best fbs.

No other player at our club can do what dylan does at the back... that is a fact.

Can charlie get there....maybe in a few years...maybe

Can critta.... maybe.

Value for money hes the best fb in the comp.

Dylan would be lucky to be on 350k. Teddy on a million. Well he wasnt better than dylan tonight.

Anyone that thinks dylan plays with fear probably needs to give up posting on here.

If some of our blokes played with as much heart, dedication amd passion as edwards every week wed never get beaten.

The million dollar teddy had more mistakes, less meters etc than edwards tonight.

It's not a controversial opinion to say he's a confidence player 😂

Flashstep

Juniors
The thing is pretty much nobody comes back from injury and hits the ground running in any sport, it takes a while to get back up to scratch. Edwards is frequently injured so it is to be expected that it takes him some time to be at 100 percent. People have quickly forgotten he was one of our best players this season before the injury and he does so much defensive work that really goes unnoticed, no way he should be looked at as one to be replaced. Amazing value for money player as well.

The Realist

Juniors
Dylan is a value for money player no doubt. In saying that though his upper ceiling is 'above average' whilst his floor is pretty abysmal.

He didn't exactly have an abysmal game - but it was not good. If he played that way against the Storm his errors and bad play would have lost us the game.

That is the Achilles heel of our team. We have players whose errors/fear/brain explosions can LOSE you a game against the best teams. We got rid of one in Mansour. Kikau is another of those players and worryingly he doesn't appear to be improving. That is probably also a reason we are moving Nadan on. Liam Martin had that in his game in the past 2 seasons but has tidied up and has been rewarded with SOO selection.

Having these type of players in your team is bad enough but it is particularly dangerous in the spine. Gosh I hope Edwards irons it out and quickly. He was diabolical against the Tigers but you could excuse that as coming back from injury (Though the Truly Elite Fullbacks come back from injury and hit the ground running). But this is his 3rd game back and he still hasn't kicked his post injury form slump.

age.s

First Grade
I like Kenny at 14. Aside for the on field advantages he brings over May, it makes it much more likely we'll hang on to him. He's a very handy 2nd string hooker. He'd start at quite a few clubs.

age.s

First Grade
Good win. They came out very fired up and the game didn't go our way early, but its pretty obvious our relentless, suffocating team hasn't gone anywhere. It's a massive relief after the last two weeks and the only concern Origin now gives me is injuries. We had them in a chokehold for 60 minutes. Very few teams are going to get out of that, numerous outs or no.

That sin binning was absolute bullshit, despite it likely not really contributing to the end result. If I wanted to watch keno I'd bloody well watch keno. Officiating lottery. The game is in an atrocious place atm.

Agree with others praising Staines. He doesn't have the continuous involvement of a To'o but he has sublime moments pretty regularly. Two of them tonight for 12 point turnarounds. The kid is special and I say that as someone who wanted Mansour kept around at the start of the year.

f**k Cleary is awesome. Holy f**king shit hes good. The most important player to our team and it isn't very close. Pray to whatever diety you like that he's on the park when the games really start mattering.

franklin2323

Immortal
Dylan is a value for money player no doubt. In saying that though his upper ceiling is 'above average' whilst his floor is pretty abysmal.

He didn't exactly have an abysmal game - but it was not good. If he played that way against the Storm his errors and bad play would have lost us the game.

That is the Achilles heel of our team. We have players whose errors/fear/brain explosions can LOSE you a game against the best teams. We got rid of one in Mansour. Kikau is another of those players and worryingly he doesn't appear to be improving. That is probably also a reason we are moving Nadan on. Liam Martin had that in his game in the past 2 seasons but has tidied up and has been rewarded with SOO selection.

Having these type of players in your team is bad enough but it is particularly dangerous in the spine. Gosh I hope Edwards irons it out and quickly. He was diabolical against the Tigers but you could excuse that as coming back from injury (Though the Truly Elite Fullbacks come back from injury and hit the ground running). But this is his 3rd game back and he still hasn't kicked his post injury form slump.

He made more tackles then Teddy.
Made more metres from less runs
Both had the same amount of errors
He kept up with the best fullback in the game at not 100%.

I was curious who the new scapegoat would be... I guess we found him

Girds89

Bench
It's not a controversial opinion to say he's a confidence player 😂

He dropped the ball once and accidentally took it out at the end when the game was well and trully done.

He ran it 23 times for 216m, 5 tackle breaks.

Conditions were absoloutley terrible and all the roosters back 3 had more mistakes than Edwards.

Any fb in the comp would have made mistakes in those conditions, blowing a gail and pouring.

Every player in the NRL is a confidence player. Silly statement. Look at nathan! Look at jarome. There confidence is sky high and they are doing brilliant things. When their confidence is low they wouldnt be trying kicks on tackly 3!!

Dylan can be a tad rusty when hes coming back from injuries but for the most part he is a safe solid fb who works relentlessly at the back.

To say he is scared is beyond ridiculous. He caught that many brilliant bombs last night under pressure... lets one bounce and makes a drop ball in worst conditions weve played in a year and according to you lot his scared.

You and smug nail him yet hes had maybe 5 average games in 2 years and the rest hes been very very good.

Is normally in our top 3 for meters, tackle breaks every week..

Hes passing and kicking game is getting better each year cause he works so hard on it.

Its well known hes the fitttest player at the club and trains the house down.

To me, what a role model he is!! As a junior player at penrith id be looking up to Edwards. Yes he doesnt have turbo or teddys freakish abilities, but hes a perfect example of where dedication and committment can get you.