What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 v Tigers

I'm not too sure if Fensom in the 2nd row would work. He's not a massive 'go-forward' player, which we really need from out 2nd rowers with Tongue at lock.

I guess this is the problem every team is faced with. A club legend and captain has been surpassed in ability by a younger player, how much value do you place on his leadership and experience?

I prefer Fensom in the 13 and Tongue on the bench. Tongue starting at 13 is all good if it means he is never starting at hooker again though :lol: Seriously, that experiment was a disgrace.

Im leaning towards this thinking as well.

edabomb

First Grade
Well I have no idea how we lost that game. Tigers played so poorly, they were there for the taking. I think we desperately need to get rid of Furner, we have regressed so far since the back end of 2008 with pretty much the same personnel.

Timbo

Staff member
I have a theory about league -

Never kick a field goal in the first half or a penalty goal unless it's to open or close the scoring.

That's why.

From the second we got to 8-6, we shut up shop.

What the hell is going on with those blokes in green jerseys. It's like they don't want to win games.

Our forwards aimed up and smashed them even losing Logan before he even completed his 1st tackle.
Shillo was a beast and J.Thommo was very strong and very unlucky.

That hurt losing that one.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
I'm a Tigs fan and you guys should have won that game comfortably today. Got a great pack of forwards but until you get a decent 6, 7 and 9 you're going nowhere I'm afraid. Campese's 5yr contract (I believe that's what he signed) ensures Canberra won't challenge top four over the next years. It's a rudderless ship at the moment with no leadership and I don't see where that rudder is coming from in the near future - certainly not Campese.

Macko8

Juniors
I'm a Tigs fan and you guys should have won that game comfortably today. Got a great pack of forwards but until you get a decent 6, 7 and 9 you're going nowhere I'm afraid. Campese's 5yr contract (I believe that's what he signed) ensures Canberra won't challenge top four over the next years. It's a rudderless ship at the moment with no leadership and I don't see where that rudder is coming from in the near future - certainly not Campese.

Okay,well campo hasnt shown much so far in 2010 and we are already more then halfway through the season.

Campese needs to run the ball more for a start and get the ball in his hands every chance he can,which he obviously isnt doing at the moment.

The amount of times the green machine should have won this season is incredible.

We should have been easily in the top 4

Radical Rat

Juniors
Our forwards aimed up and smashed them even losing Logan before he even completed his 1st tackle.
Shillo was a beast and J.Thommo was very strong and very unlucky.

That hurt losing that one.

I'm a Tigers fan and I've got to say Shillington absolutely destroyed us. Your forwards dominated ours. But realistically I wouldn't really call it the one that got away from you guys. You missed a couple of try scoring opportunities, but you didn't really offer up much in attack. We bombed about 6 geniune tries with the last pass not finding the mark.

I reckon the Raiders were probably the better team on the day as far as the fundamentals go, but it was our game to lose, as soon as some passes started sticking we always had enough firepower.

I'm a Tigers fan and I've got to say Shillington absolutely destroyed us. Your forwards dominated ours. But realistically I wouldn't really call it the one that got away from you guys. You missed a couple of try scoring opportunities, but you didn't really offer up much in attack. We bombed about 6 geniune tries with the last pass not finding the mark.

I reckon the Raiders were probably the better team on the day as far as the fundamentals go, but it was our game to lose, as soon as some passes started sticking we always had enough firepower.

It was definately a game that could of gone either way. i think we were unlucky not to win but if we had won i would of said the same about the Tigers.
Only if Lui hadnt held JT up.

steven_tiger

Juniors
I have a theory about league -

Never kick a field goal in the first half.

I go by the exact same theory. A team that does this seems to lose more often than not (not sure if they really do, I'm sure someone will prove me wrong).

Latest posts